Work permit cancellation-Help

I have a non-b that has been extended to one year with 90 days reports. My school is canceling my work permit on my last day of work, Dec. 12. How much time do I have to leave the country and get issued a tourist visa after that happens? My boss has said I have up to 7 days to leave, but I thought I only had one day to leave. Is it possible to stay on my current visa after my work permit is cancelled?

Also, what is the longest visa I can get as a tourist? and where should I get it? Thanks for any help.

Whe you cancel the work permit, you have to go to immigraiton too to cancel your permission to say and you have to leave Thailand the same day. But for 1,900 baht you can get an extra 7 day to leave the country.

You could get a double entry tourist visa in Laos, good for two entries of 60 days and each entry can be extended by 30 days. So it would give you almost 180 days in Thailand.

• Like 2

You will also need to cancel your extension at immigration with letter from school.

There is no 7 days unless you apply for it and pay 1900 baht for an extension.

You can get a 2 entry tourist visa in Vientiane Laos that will give you almost 6 months by extending each 60 day entry by 30 days. The visa will only be valid for 90 days so you have to make 2nd entry before its enter before date.

• Like 1

When you cancel the work permit, you have to go to immigraiton too to cancel your permission to stay

I assume that the permission to stay is my visa extension, correct? So if I do not go to immigration to cancel, what happens when I get to Laos? will they refuse to give me a new visa? It just seems that all of this is a lot to expect in a single day.

When you cancel the work permit, you have to go to immigraiton too to cancel your permission to stay

I assume that the permission to stay is my visa extension, correct? So if I do not go to immigration to cancel, what happens when I get to Laos? will they refuse to give me a new visa? It just seems that all of this is a lot to expect in a single day.
It is not a visa extension. Visas cannot be extended.

If you do not cancel your extension of stay you could be stopped from leaving until it is done. Plus it it can cause problems later if you have to do something at immigration.

Just go early morning to immigration and you should be able to get across the border before midnight. Or pay 1900 baht for the 7 days.

Nicely said Joe.

Most will understand your simple explanationsmile.png

If you do not cancel your extension of stay you could be stopped from leaving until it is done. Plus it it can cause problems later if you have to do something at immigration.

Just go early morning to immigration and you should be able to get across the border before midnight. Or pay 1900 baht for the 7 days.

Nicely said Joe.

Most will understand your simple explanationsmile.png

But, but thought they just came out with 30 day "passes" (semantics) again on entry from Cambodia. Would that not work for quick fix?

The second time I came here I had a triple entry 60 day visa thus allowing me up to 270 days. Are they not available now?

edit 

I should have mentioned I receivedit in Vancouver Canada.Posted Image

The closest place to here you will get one is Bali after that it is Australia.

And make sure your work permit is cancelled in the correct way, or else you receive a 1000 baht fine.

Could you please explain the basis for the 1,000 THB you refer to in your post, as the procedures for WP cancellation are quite straight forward, plus there are no time limits for cancellation?

I'm in a similar situation, my employer has told me that the letter from them needs to be dated for the day I intend to leave. They are also under the impression that a trip to immigration is not necessary?

I was hoping to just get across the border with the letter in hand, if this is not the case I would like to know.

Anybody who has been through this procedure who can give me some advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm in a similar situation, my employer has told me that the letter from them needs to be dated for the day I intend to leave. They are also under the impression that a trip to immigration is not necessary?

I was hoping to just get across the border with the letter in hand, if this is not the case I would like to know.

Anybody who has been through this procedure who can give me some advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have an Extension of Permission to Stay issued by your local Thai Immigration Dept, or are you on a 90 day entry from a Non Immigrant 'B' Visa obtained outside of Thailand?