Where to buy home electrical goods ?

thairookie

Maybe look at Numchai , bought 3 items from them, including a fridge, happy enough, they knocked a little more off for buying more than 1 item and paying cash, which I was going to anyway.

Start prices were reasonable.

Tesco Lotus for special offers ?

Power Buy ?

smile.png

only buy where you get good after sales service

price should be secondary

go to Numchai as another poster suggested

good prices and they have there own service department

after 7 days have expired at tesco lotus/big c etc you are cannon fodder

it becomes a manufacturer service issue only

• Like 1

Yes I go for Numchai too. If it breaks you don't have to beg like you do at homepro. Numchai is also where most of the house water pumps & electrical equipment is serviced. they are fair & reliable. We now try to use them on any major appliances. Just the fact that they stand buy what they sell makes them a great place amidst the lameness of the other shops around. And if you bring them something they don't work on they will tell you they don't service the item but will tell you who will.And they are polite as well. Never a bad experience there. Built 3 houses here & they got my business!

Never actually had a device go wrong under warranty here so cant comment on after-sales service. Delivery from various retailers has always been fine.

I find that Numchai are keener to offer a discount than some other stores, but for cheap items like vacuum cleaners, kettles, toasters etc I just get one at the supermarket. That said even for these cheaper items I do only buy known brand names and never some weird Chinese knock-off brand.

The failure rate with recognised brand names is generally very low.

Currently doing the rounds for a new air-con and so far Numchai are slightly ahead of the field, though they dont have a vast selection in the size I need.

Never actually had a device go wrong under warranty here so cant comment on after-sales service. Delivery from various retailers has always been fine.

I find that Numchai are keener to offer a discount than some other stores, but for cheap items like vacuum cleaners, kettles, toasters etc I just get one at the supermarket. That said even for these cheaper items I do only buy known brand names and never some weird Chinese knock-off brand.

The failure rate with recognised brand names is generally very low.

Currently doing the rounds for a new air-con and so far Numchai are slightly ahead of the field, though they dont have a vast selection in the size I need.

That area, Air Conditioners, is probably the only area that Numchai is not up to snuff. They offer quality in almost every other category but was amazed that I could not buy a Daikin from them. If I had, I would probably not be waiting for the Daikin factory service man to arrive this morning.

Three attempts by the jerk that I purchased them from and it is still not fixed. Will see what the factory rep has to say on whether or not the installer's incompetence voided my warranty

I wonder how foreigners like most of you here managed to fish out Numchai from a sea of Tesco, Big C, PowerBuy etc.

clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif width=31 height=25>

Numchai have been in business for over 30 years already? I bought stuff from them in 1979 at their original location at the traffic lights in central Naklua (still there). It was always the place to go buy appliances even when setting up a home from home in Pattaya and getting to Naklua was a major hike.

This is one rare occasion that the Thais are being praised for high service standard, to the point that NumChai has become almost "unThai".

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Now, now, there's no need to lower the tone with a Thai bash is there? Especially when you haven't even shopped there yet.

Does Numchai provide free delivery to Bangkok too ?

No.

That area, Air Conditioners, is probably the only area that Numchai is not up to snuff. They offer quality in almost every other category but was amazed that I could not buy a Daikin from them.

I was there again today. They did have some Daikin models though not in the size I wanted.

The salesman gave me some info about unit sizes that didnt seem to make sense and so I looked it all up on the various manufacturers' websites and he was completely wrong.

It's the lack of choice everywhere that gets me. There must be at least one aircon in just about every house, hotel room, condo or shop in town. Maybe even several and they dont last forever. You would think that aircon shops here would outnumber estate agents.

That area, Air Conditioners, is probably the only area that Numchai is not up to snuff. They offer quality in almost every other category but was amazed that I could not buy a Daikin from them.

I was there again today. They did have some Daikin models though not in the size I wanted.

The salesman gave me some info about unit sizes that didnt seem to make sense and so I looked it all up on the various manufacturers' websites and he was completely wrong.

It's the lack of choice everywhere that gets me. There must be at least one aircon in just about every house, hotel room, condo or shop in town. Maybe even several and they dont last forever. You would think that aircon shops here would outnumber estate agents.

When I bought one last year, North American websites were recommending BTU ranges half that of the sizing boards at HomePro, Numchai and Power Buy. The western sites provided for upsizes based on poor insulation and sun exposure. So even with the upsizings added in, Thai recommendations were still almost double. Trying to scoop higher sales, maybe? Anyway, I based my air con capacity needs on the western numbers. After the installation, the bedroom unit was more than adequate for cooling the place.

I was actually referring to the physical dimensions of the interior unit (ie the hight and width) to know if it would fit my wall. These figures really are set in stone and I do expect them to be correct when given. How hard can it be?

But the cooling power needed for a particular area will vary greatly according to insulation, exposure to the sun and the desired temperature so it seems reasonable to expect some fluctuation in the sizes recommended. Thai recommendations do generally appear to be high though, as you say. This may be because some people here seem to think that having aircon should mean that you dont need to keep your beer in the fridge.

When I bought one last year, North American websites were recommending BTU ranges half that of the sizing boards at HomePro, Numchai and Power Buy. The western sites provided for upsizes based on poor insulation and sun exposure. So even with the upsizings added in, Thai recommendations were still almost double. Trying to scoop higher sales, maybe? Anyway, I based my air con capacity needs on the western numbers. After the installation, the bedroom unit was more than adequate for cooling the place.

You confirmed my suspicion all along. I live in a 60 sqm 2-bedroom unit. My bedroom is about 20 sqm measured by the contractor who did my flooring. And I was given a ceiling unit running at 18000 BTU for a 22 sqm space.

No long ago, I spoke to my air con technician as I had plans then to change my air con units to wall units. According to him, my 20 sqm bedroom would require at least a 12,000 BTU unit. The reason ? Bangkok weather is very hot !

You confirmed my suspicion all along. I live in a 60 sqm 2-bedroom unit. My bedroom is about 20 sqm measured by the contractor who did my flooring. And I was given a ceiling unit running at 18000 BTU for a 22 sqm space.

No long ago, I spoke to my air con technician as I had plans then to change my air con units to wall units. According to him, my 20 sqm bedroom would require at least a 12,000 BTU unit. The reason ? Bangkok weather is very hot !

Home construction in North America is different from here from doors, to windows to loft spaces. Wall and roof insulation is also far superior. Most US homes have one or two central type air conditioners with ducted outlets and the split-type that is common here is virtually unknown. Difficult to compare two totally disparate methods of home cooling.