Motor Expo Bangkok - Bike Section - November, 2013

ll2

I believe the price list above is for the previous model- someone posting from the show said it was 599k, but I haven't seen any other confirmation.

That is Kawasaki's most recent posted price list

It reads in Thai good from Nov 15th till December 10th this year & is for the Motor Expo

Although it is Sangchai Kawasaki ( Chiangmai )& Maybe Real Motorsport ( Bangkok Kawasaki )has a better deal at the show?

Edited by meechai

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This appeared on my Facebook a little while ago.

attachicon.gifDiesel.JPG

Is it a joke or something got lost in the translation?

If you're referring to the "Diesel" name, that bike is sponsored by Diesel the clothing line (as opposed to running on Diesel).

Yup I was referring to a Diesel word. I went and looked through Ducati models and price list and there aren't any Diesels there... Weeew... it got me worried. :D

Man, this cbr1000r for 630 k is getting so tempting!

They have less in stock and honda guy that i know and trust said it costs 6000 thb to de restrict cbr1000 plus a 25k slip on! They swear!

Went ahead and booked cbr650f for now as already 20 people booked the bike yesterday.

But if i change my mind, i can get the money back or put it for ducati and cbr1000rr.

Hmmm... I'm going to look into that- I was considering some silly bikes, but the CBR1000RR is a terrific motorcycle, and that's such a low (for LOS) price...

I'm going to the show on Monday and I'll talk to the Honda guys and see what they say.

This is really annoying, I'd finally decided on the 796 and now they throw this at me. Very bad form smile.png

CBR1000RR

I think Brian at Sumet has one of those from last year's show. You should talk with him.

Yeah he had one, de-restricted it (quite expensively I gather) and never got it running right so he chopped it in on a VFR.

But now I'm hearing 6k baht plus a slipon and you're good to go!?!? Be nice to know for sure...

I believe the price list above is for the previous model- someone posting from the show said it was 599k, but I haven't seen any other confirmation.

That is Kawasaki's most recent posted price list

It reads in Thai good from Nov 15th till December 10th this year & is for the Motor Expo

Although it is Sangchai Kawasaki ( Chiangmai )& Maybe Real Motorsport ( Bangkok Kawasaki )has a better deal at the show?

Maybe, but the disparity is pretty big between it and the Ninja 1000, and they should be priced much closer than that. I checked FB again, and while prices are out there for pretty much every other bike, there's still nothing confirmed for the new Z1000. Edited by RubberSideDown

Went ahead and booked cbr650f for now as already 20 people booked the bike yesterday.

What did you think of the cbr650 in person?

It looks and feels quite good once you sit on it.

Smaller than i expected and overall, quality is fine.

It feels like one cannot go wrong as any honda.

For 300 k, the best value real inline 4 big bike imo in thailand.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

After seeing all the bikes in flesh I must say I made the right choice with the 796 yea others are cheaper but when u start to compare components, design and quality its pretty solid what you get at ducati. Worst fail of the motorexpo is KTM I believe while the market pa opening they still follow the old I am exklusive; pay me way.

Sent from my HTC Desire X using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't know what deal KTM has with Kunka but I hope someone wakes up at the head office and does something about these cowboys.

KTM is losing sales big time this way.

Or they might be in on it as well?

• Like 1

Man, this cbr1000r for 630 k is getting so tempting!

They have less in stock and honda guy that i know and trust said it costs 6000 thb to de restrict cbr1000 plus a 25k slip on! They swear!

But if i change my mind, i can get the money back or put it for ducati and cbr1000rr.

Hmmm...  I'm going to look into that- I was considering some silly bikes, but the CBR1000RR is a terrific motorcycle, and that's such a low (for LOS) price...

I'm going to the show on Monday and I'll talk to the Honda guys and see what they say.

This is really annoying, I'd finally decided on the 796 and now they throw this at me. Very bad form Posted Image

Too many choices isn't always a good thing, but it's great when it comes to bikes.Posted Image

I would guess all-in it would be close to 700K once the CBR1000RR is done and derestricted (mechanics tend to quote low), and then there's the warranty issue- it's a Honda, though, and there shouldn't be a problem.

Suddenly that many choices, i am also confused a lot on what i will buy.

Original plan was buying honda cbr650f for months.

Then ducati threw new hypermotard and hyperstrada.

Now honda dropped the price of cbr1000.

So which one now? Argghhh...

By the way, asked honda guys the reason of price decrease of honda bikes and they told me that it is bc of thai-japanese trade aggreement. Actually they said honda bike prices are from two years and trade agreement is in effect for long time ago and now they have just asjusted the prices accordingly due to the trade aggreement.

Just fyi.

I don't know what deal KTM has with Kunka but I hope someone wakes up at the head office and does something about these cowboys.

KTM is losing sales big time this way.

Or they might be in on it as well?

I cannot imagine KTM in on it. A Manufacturer wants to build a customer base

especially in a new market. They do that by getting a lot of their

products on the road.

Edited by meechai

^

Cbr1000rr is a masterpiece of honda.

It holds a very good value now as well.

But in the city, it might be too much on wet plates and metro construction bumps.

Man i dont know. I have to think about my choice over some beers.

Too many goos bikes now in thailand!

What did you think of the cbr650 in person?

It looks and feels quite good once you sit on it.

Smaller than i expected and overall, quality is fine.

It feels like one cannot go wrong as any honda.

For 300 k, the best value real inline 4 big bike imo in thailand.

You don't sound very excited by it?

I mean fine? smile.png

You know looking at them I couldn't help but notice

the CBR fairings do not look too good.

Although I prefer faired bikes their naked one actually looks a little cleaner IMO

Posted Image

Kunka Corp. style sorry but for some years iam just getting negative feedback about them. Never answered any emails, no information about really anything on their homepage, ridiculous pricing, takes them ages to bring new models to the market.... Are they chinese?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Kunka Corp. style sorry but for some years iam just getting negative feedback about them. Never answered any emails, no information about really anything on their homepage, ridiculous pricing, takes them ages to bring new models to the market.... Are they chinese?

So this Kunka corp is the same that has the KTM dealerships here?

So this Kunka corp is the same that has the KTM dealerships here?

Kunka corp. is the official distributor and importer of KTM and MV Augusta. I am not sure how exactly they run the KTM shops but in the end the bikes coming from Kunka. Yesterday i saw some farang representatives on the ktm booth wanted to talk to them but they were busy would be interesting, maybe someone else wants to know... I would go for a well priced Duke 690 or SuperDuke in a heartbeat.

• Like 2

Kunka corp. is the official distributor and importer of KTM and MV Augusta. I am not sure how exactly they run the KTM shops but in the end the bikes coming from Kunka. Yesterday i saw some farang representatives on the ktm booth wanted to talk to them but they were busy would be interesting, maybe someone else wants to know... I would go for a well priced Duke 690 or SuperDuke in a heartbeat.

If it was this guy I wish you did talk to him & ask

whats up with the crazy prices wink.png

Mr.Felix Rau

Technician Import Austria KTM

1463118_555894347820933_1454788421_n.jpg

If I see him on Monday, I'll ask whether he thinks a Super Duke that's expected to cost about $17,000 in the US (or less- still awaiting announcement in December) is worth 1.4m baht when an HP4 Competition that costs $25,000 in the US is the same 1.4m in LOS (and of course I'lll ask about the same price discrepancies in the rest of the line).

give the guy hard time!

prepare the strings and attack!

by the way, sat down on 390 duke yesterday and quality wise i did not find good i tell you, levers and handles are really shitty - the first points you touch on a bike - so do fit and finish and suspension had a pogo effect which you can feel right away.

i am sure it is sturdy but indian feeling is there harsh!

... That MV Agusta has flat front tire blink.png

In Pattaya,Watchara Marine (the Yamaha shop on Sukumvit) also has a dealership for the KTM,.. have about 7-8 bikes on show.

I got a full price list and they are pretty expensive,

Duke 200 is 249k & 390 is 339 k.... i would say they need to knock of about 25 % of those prices if they are going to sell ?.... even with that the duke 390 goes for 190 k in Oz so someones taking the p*ss somewhere ??

Edited by William Osborne
  • Like 1

^ Perversely, I usually always prefer a naked bike, but I really like the 650R.

if you are old and have a big ass, it is possible to like the design of the new cbr650flaugh.png

Edited by ll2

Just me or the front Tyre looks a bit flat?

I think they'd better jack up the front one not the back one

1460233_600499083355144_1413088220_n.jpg