Opinion and advice please on somewhat difficult "relationship" with Thai

lemoncake

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My opinion forget about the damages it was stupid of you to ho have her babysit your house. Your mistake, cant make her pay for it all.

However tell her her son needs to go your a foreigner and need privacy unlike a Thai. Change locks and see it as a learning experience. In the past i have had Thais babysit my house and dogs too. There were always some things going wrong like alcohol missing ect, not as extreme as in your case. In the end it was worth it for me inclusive the damages.

Your case is more extreme but the damages will be hard to recoup without getting problems with your staff. Bigger problem in my book is that my dog is / was part of my home security and its dangerous to have the kind of individual as you describe trusted by your dog.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

• Like 2

Sorry, no offense but you are wrong.

Why let her use the full house when 1 room or even just the kitchen was enough for her and son ?

Now that it happened just think about how stupid you have been to let her full freedom at your house and let her access to your belongings.

I would I let her use only 1 room and would have locked all the other rooms + I would I put WIFI camera and tell her that everything is recorded as well as I can check online.

Not it's done so forget it and just wait that the little rat leaves (they always do when no more food !)

Good luck anyway.

You missed that she was in the house to look after 11 animals , so access could not be restricted

Eleven animals? <deleted>! Is this a hotel or a zoo?

And here we go , troll time.

Animals in my house- reading is the key, trolling is out of fashion

I'm sorry, from your other posts i thought you were a "Hotelier"! But seriously, 11 animals! Why? What's wrong with a couple of cats and a dog? That is normal. No wonder you say that when you got back the place was a sh#t hole. To misquote an old Country and Western ditty from my youth. "Show me a home, where the buffalo roam, and i'll show you a house full of sh*t!

• Like 2

Sorry, no offense but you are wrong.

Why let her use the full house when 1 room or even just the kitchen was enough for her and son ?

Now that it happened just think about how stupid you have been to let her full freedom at your house and let her access to your belongings.

I would I let her use only 1 room and would have locked all the other rooms + I would I put WIFI camera and tell her that everything is recorded as well as I can check online.

Not it's done so forget it and just wait that the little rat leaves (they always do when no more food !)

Good luck anyway.

You missed that she was in the house to look after 11 animals , so access could not be restricted

11 animals!! He used all the shower gel washing them. There's the source of a large percent of the mess.

• Like 1

The OP's tale is one of the dumber things I've read in recent months. Surely the correct recommendation should involve some sort of life coaching/therapy.

OP, please fix your life up to eliminate such drams OR, if you like your life being more interesting, perhaps continue to do exactly what you've been doing. The craziness is a package deal.

Maybe there's a good business opportunity for someone, a pet motel run to high standards aiming for pets of farang who have to return to country of origin for whatever reason, If I was closer to bigger population centres of farang I would do it myself, (legitimately of course with requisite Thai directors blah blah).

But my only advice would be to not to have done things as the Op has done, ie get 11 cats? in the first place and secondly allow workers to take advantage of him just to secure the bottom line. The outcomes he has encountered he will have to deal with, there is no other advice.

My opinion forget about the damages it was stupid of you to ho have her babysit your house. Your mistake, cant make her pay for it all.

However tell her her son needs to go your a foreigner and need privacy unlike a Thai. Change locks and see it as a learning experience. In the past i have had Thais babysit my house and dogs too. There were always some things going wrong like alcohol missing ect, not as extreme as in your case. In the end it was worth it for me inclusive the damages.

Your case is more extreme but the damages will be hard to recoup without getting problems with your staff. Bigger problem in my book is that my dog is / was part of my home security and its dangerous to have the kind of individual as you describe trusted by your dog.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Agreed 100%.

whether the op's story was daft or not at least here's a sensible reply, makes a change from the other replies from the experts.

Did you fill out tax returns this year and is this staff member registered with the tax and employment office as a legitimate employee of your company?

Animals are al? What does that mean?

why don't you stop your utmost silly questions? bah.gif

the OP has asked for advice / opinions and last not least assistance. whether he filed a tax return or not as well as the kind of his pets are irrelevant!

I guess that Beetlejuice is inferring that if OP's staff member employment / company setup does not comply to Thai law the employee could possibly take revenge by reporting him if he takes action against her or son. This is presuming employee is knowledgeable on these matters.

It may be the OPs’ best option, as a first step, to talk with the local volunteer police who more than likely know the son. If son refuses to cooperate they will get RTP involved.

Sorry for your situation. It is awkward but really she is ultimately responsible for damages which occurred.

Is it really that hard to replace her as an employee? Sounds like you are more attached to her emotionally than you are admitting.

Best of luck

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

I'm surprised that the OP has got himself in this situation.

With his apparent wealth of knowledge on all things Thai highlighted in so many other threads, plus his ability to speak fluent Thai, one finds it difficult to understand how this situation could possibly arise.

Equally, one wonders why he is unable to satisfactorily resolve the predicament to his satisfaction. biggrin.png

Since you felt like trolling , please do post a link to a thread when I claimed to speak fluent Thai and when I claimed to be an expert on all Thai things.

Will await for either the links or an apology

Sorry for your situation. It is awkward but really she is ultimately responsible for damages which occurred.

Is it really that hard to replace her as an employee? Sounds like you are more attached to her emotionally than you are admitting.

Best of luck

It is hard at the moment, being high season and more so good maids are really hard to find

I'm surprised that the OP has got himself in this situation.

With his apparent wealth of knowledge on all things Thai highlighted in so many other threads, plus his ability to speak fluent Thai, one finds it difficult to understand how this situation could possibly arise.

Equally, one wonders why he is unable to satisfactorily resolve the predicament to his satisfaction. biggrin.png

Since you felt like trolling , please do post a link to a thread when I claimed to speak fluent Thai and when I claimed to be an expert on all Thai things.

Will await for either the links or an apology

Here you go. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/657944-no-russian-mafia-in-pattaya-chief-of-banglamung-district/page-6?hl=%2Brussian+%2Bmafia+%2Bfluent+%2Bthai#entry6677565

Although I do recall that you edited your post and said that you spoke fluent Russian instead, but I'd already quoted you saying you spoke fluent Thai. I never knew which piece of rhetoric (if any) to believe.

• Like 1

Best of luck

It is hard at the moment, being high season and more so good maids are really hard to find

What's hard, Lemoncake, is that the woman that trashed your house and made it filthy, is a maid.

If you spent your time away at your mom's bedside, it's doubly devastating to come home to such a mess. Don't drag this out, man. Get it sorted and move on.

• Like 1

Did you fill out tax returns this year and is this staff member registered with the tax and employment office as a legitimate employee of your company?

the OP has asked for advice / opinions and last not least assistance. whether he filed a tax return or not as well as the kind of his pets are irrelevant!

I guess that Beetlejuice is inferring that if OP's staff member employment / company setup does not comply to Thai law the employee could possibly take revenge by reporting him if he takes action against her or son. This is presuming employee is knowledgeable on these matters.

It may be the OPs best option, as a first step, to talk with the local volunteer police who more than likely know the son. If son refuses to cooperate they will get RTP involved.

Even if there was anything below the board , rest assured a maid would not know about it.

I do not need to speak with any wanna be police , and I am certainly not afraid of him .

Point was , throwing him out may create a conflict and hence why I was asking advice how to talk with her "Thai way" to keep all happy, at least for the time being

Best of luck

What's hard, Lemoncake, is that the woman that trashed your house and made it filthy, is a maid.

If you spent your time away at your mom's bedside, it's doubly devastating to come home to such a mess. Don't drag this out, man. Get it sorted and move on.

Possibly one of the reason for not being able to think straight.

She did work in hotel and did look after the animals, so as I mentioned, she did do a good deed, it's just the state of house and her family attitude towards my stuff that is bothering me

Edited by lemoncake

Please forgive spelling mistakes, have to use iPad as house modem and computer also broken

First buy an IPad with all the letters.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ain't that the most useful and smartest post you ever made? It sure should be

• Like 2

It may be the OPs best option, as a first step, to talk with the local volunteer police who more than likely know the son. If son refuses to cooperate they will get RTP involved.

Even if there was anything below the board , rest assured a maid would not know about it.

I do not need to speak with any wanna be police , and I am certainly not afraid of him .

Point was , throwing him out may create a conflict and hence why I was asking advice how to talk with her "Thai way" to keep all happy, at least for the time being

Thai way?

Thai or not, anyone who refuses to leave your house, purportedly because of a fear of ghosts rolleyes.gif.pagespeed.ce.hZ59UWKk-s.gif , is not someone even one's own mother can handle through "talking."

She gets rid of him, she keeps her job. You can let her go when low season comes around.