Dog cone - how much and where to buy?

Guderian

The little dog I'm looking after is scratching and biting her legs too much. I've got some cream to treat it but as soon as I apply it she licks it off. I need a dog cone to stop her doing it. This is what I mean:

dogwithecollar.jpg

I'm sure a vet can provide this but given my experience so far of their highly variable prices I was wondering roughly how much I should expect to pay? She's a small thing, a chihuahua cross, so it would be the smallest size I'd need. Does anybody know the likely cost?

Would a dog shop, like the one on Third Road near Pattaya Klang, stock these and would that be cheaper than going to a vet? Anywhere else?

Thanks for any information.

Edited by Guderian

Maybe get some Frontline or Advocate while you are there to stop any parasites.

This maybe the cause of the scratching and biting.

She spends most of her time on the patio or driveway, but occasionally she does wander off onto the grass to relieve herself. She also sometimes walks on grass when I take her for a walk. She sleeps indoors. I was wondering if she's getting bites from fleas when she's on the grass, and that's what's causing the itching? Or it may be an allergic reaction to the bites according to what I read elsewhere. The worst affected areas are on the backs of her legs, but she also has problems on her stomach and, oddly enough, around her eyes. The owner gave me some "Chainguard" dog powder and "Vetz Choice +" skin treatment cream. The trouble is that as soon as I apply them she licks them off, so I need the cone to stop her doing that.

Sound like it could be Mange Mites,,, two of my Cats have it at the moment, and a friend of mines Cat

also has it... It is highly infectious, but not to humans... ( my cat got this and is confined to my house )

It mostly affects the back legs.. Scratching a lot, will eventually put the dog off eating.

You need Advocate if its Mange, the vet will know straight away !

Good luck with it....... takes about 4 months to clear up.

Thanks for the replies. I got one in the vet I've been using on Thepprasit in Jomtien. It's the smallest one he had and even on the smallest setting it's a bit large, but as long as I watch her so that she doesn't pull it off it works fine. Price was 140 Baht. She looks awfully forlorn wearing it, as if asking me what she's done to deserve this. It's for your own good, darling!

post-51556-0-82331100-1384919026_thumb.j

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I got one in the vet I've been using on Thepprasit in Jomtien. It's the smallest one he had and even on the smallest setting it's a bit large, but as long as I watch her so that she doesn't pull it off it works fine. Price was 140 Baht. She looks awfully forlorn wearing it, as if asking me what she's done to deserve this. It's for your own good, darling!

attachicon.gifCIMG3546.jpg

Cute little dog and nice she found a benefactor...just tell her she looks like a queen...Queen Elizabeth (the First). Edited by OMGImInPattaya

Cute little dog and nice she found a benefactor...just tell her she looks like a queen...Queen Elizabeth (the First).

I guess I could have paid extra for the frilly white lace version, but this one seems to work OK. smile.png

"Kee neow...I go look new boyfriend woof woof!" :) Edited by OMGImInPattaya