Car Rental Swampy

trawler

I normally rent at least once a month from Swampy and it has been reasonably problem free(using UK Company)However last rental from Hertz,when returning car the young lady advised me that the 'tank not full'as I had topped up the tank at the service area around 30 kms before Swampy argued the point and took photos of instrument cluster.Young lady got miffed and went to get camera/Long story/short but Supervisor overrode her and all ok.However facial experesion and body language made me think of Gorgon style stare.

So my question 'is this a new scam".I normally just glance at fuel guage to ensure it on F but do not look so closely.So assume its 1 stripe off full and I bring it back with same but have not identified same on accepting car am I setting myself up for a 'extra charge' so to speak.

As from now on will pay attention to fuel reading when picking up car.Fyi this was Hertz

Anyone else had similiar problems.....

Cheerswai2.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I use them and Avis a lot in Thailand and never had a drama. My last hire was a week ago and all good. They even threw GPS Navin for free because they were an hour late delivering, pretty good service.

Hertz have been a lot cheaper than the competitors recently too for the bigger vehicles. Not sure why.

Do you guys pre book or just turn up at the booths in the airport?

The reason i ask is my wife and i arrive 8pm Saturday 7th Dec.

Have tried web sites really expensive.

Prefer pickup may settle for compact.

thanks

We pre-book via the Website, but make use of the specials as well, that's how we knock the price down. Normally once we book my

wife rings and asked for a discount anyway. They are pretty open to negotiation and always helpful.

Hertz last month had the Toyota foretuner and camry at the same rate.

I've never tried just turning up at the booth in Swampy or in Bangkok central because there's no way of knowing what they have available.

cheers

Thanks for the reply.

Wow what a learning curve.

one company took the deposit then tells me no car available.Refund pending.

Find a good price, wife phones , then they add insurance and vat, not so good price.

In the end i have booked with Budjet. Wife said they talk nice

I have learnt this is the wrong time to book a car ,Xmas Very high season

Cheers