Last time you visited the beach

N47HAN

Am I in the minority or majority ?

In the last 10 years of living here ive probably visited the beach around a dozen times or so , seems crazy but just never seem to get around to going.

Thinking about it I probably spent more time on a tropical beach when I lived in the UK if I count all the holidays taken.

Curious to see if you guys make an effort to go or not.

Guess if your retired with time on your hands youll probably visit often but if you run a buisiness or have a job here do you go ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not wishing to sound like a wimp, but i've met two people in the last week with nasty jellyfish stings from Nai harn beach. It's putting me off a bit.

Thats why we only swim in the pool, no jellyfish, stingers or rip tides

Never swam in the ocean in the north of Australia either, they put posters up with pictures of people who have been stung by

box jellyfish, when seas are calm they come close to shore

<snip>

they put posters up with pictures of people who have been stung by

Box jellyfish can possibly come close to shore if the wind is coming from the west. So not in this season, calm or wild waters have nothing to do with that.

Edited by stevenl

<snip>

they put posters up with pictures of people who have been stung by

Box jellyfish can possibly come close to shore if the wind is coming from the west. So nit in this season, calm or wild waters have nothing to do with that.

Google national geographic box jellyfish, the sea was flat at Nai harn beach this morning and yatchs are at anchor in the bay

The wind has been coming from the east for a few days now,go outside and check

Box jellyfish can swim at 8KPH

Edited by nedkellylives

At least a couple times a week, but I am walking distance to 3 beaches.

Box jelly stings are pretty rare here. Here are two videos I took earlier this year of box jellies on Kata Beach. I actually saw 3 in the span of a couple months. March/April.

Those jellyfish you filmed look fairly small Joe. You put a finger close at one stage. Were they as small as they seemed?

With the size, and the four tentacles at the corners, I think it is more likely they are Irukandgji jellyfish not the normal, larger box jellyfish which has a lot more tentacles.

Still very venomous and several deaths have been attributed to them.

I go to the beach mostly every single day, often multiple times. I often bring my work there, but also like to watch the sun rise from my surfboard or just watch the sun go down while drinking a beer.

You don't need to worry about jellyfish in Phuket. They may get you from time to time but usually it just stings a tiny bit. The big pink ones which are the most common don't sting at all I believe, but if they are around there are usually these small clear ones that do. Box jellies are so rare here that if they find one on a beach it is a big story for the next month..

I walk along Kata beach every morning but I have not been in the sea for many years.

I'm retired, but aside from the occasional morning walk on Beach Rd for exercise or driving past after exiting Central Festival, I haven't gone to the beach in Pattaya in more than 10 years and maybe only a total of 4 times to the beach at Jomtien in the past couple of years.