Tourist season: it's started

JSixpack

It`s more people in the city now thats for sure.Left Pattaya in mid october and was then able to cross both Second - and Beach road without problem and the pavements was easy to walk on to.Came back again last week and what a difference it is now...........time to spend the rest of the high season in and around Soi Bukhao thumbsup.gif .

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It`s more people in the city now thats for sure.Left Pattaya in mid october and was then able to cross both Second - and Beach road without problem and the pavements was easy to walk on to.Came back again last week and what a difference it is now...........time to spend the rest of the high season in and around Soi Bukhao thumbsup.gif .

It depends on what you are looking for. I have a friend who never leaves Soi Buakhow unless he absolutely has to, lives right there.

"A man who's tired of Soi Buakhow is tired of life."

--http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/658008-favourable-posts-about-pattaya-in-phuket-forum/#entry6684182

• Like 1

Too many russians here now.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

At this very minute just sitting at an open sided bar in Jomtiem having a cool beer and watching a Russian hottie in tight top and shorts sucking on a lollipop walking past , would take a photo but I think the big brute of a boyfriend / husband she is with might object , afternoon beers don't get much better than this !

• Like 1

I cant see that changing anytime soon, unless you know something I don't.

1, Take a map of the world

2. Draw lines from Vladivostok, Moscow, Berlin, Paris, Los Angeles and London to Bangkok.

3. Measure those lines

I don't know what the breakdown of Russians is (East vs West), but if I had a choice between a Siberian Winter and a few weeks in a tropical paradise (ok - travel agent's version thereof) - all packaged up by the airlines and hotels - I'd be at the airport before you could say 'Da !'. Vladivostok, from memory, is ~5.5 hours from BKK - roughly the same distance as Perth, but by all reports a whole lot less attractive.

Short of a major economic meltdown, I don't see the Russians turning down those cheap holidays any more than the Koreans, Chinese and Australians who flock to Thailand every year. I dont like it any more than I like trying to squeeze into a lift with a Korean tour group in Bangkok, but I cant fight geography - the same geography that puts me ~8 hours flying time from Swampy. cowboy.gif

• Like 1

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Not too many young sexy Russsian girls thou.smile.png.

I still prefer Russians to the shaven headed UK lager louts that were ubiquitous a few years back.

More Russians are moving here full time, not just for a two week holiday. Hua Hin is full of them.

I read the other day that there is going to be a major push in 2014 by the Thai tourist board to encourage Russians to come to Hua Hin rather than Phuket because Phuket now has too many of them.

My observations from Walking Street last night are completely different to my observations 5 years ago.

5 years ago the Russian women were slim sexy and 25 ish, wearing bright dayglo unfashionable clothes.

Now, 35 ish, plump,wearing tight unfashionable clothes.

What a difference 5 years makes.

My observations from Walking Street last night are completely different to my observations 5 years ago.

5 years ago the Russian women were slim sexy and 25 ish, wearing bright dayglo unfashionable clothes.

russians get old quick and die young, thats why it only took 5 years for these young slim girls to look fat and 10 years older

• Like 1

Business is picking up nicely around Soi Buakhow. Had a pint of Old Speckled Hen in Witherspoon's last week. Plenty of customers. Then, as in another thread an old doomsayer had blustered that the bars are always empty, I walked down Soi Chaiyapoon and found Triangle Bar quite well attended; so was Barbie across the street. Then, while Darksiders were typically out in their gardens pulling weeds, I of course hit an afternoon go-go on LK Metro for beer, music (sort of) and visuals.smile.png Pattaya!

Thread mentioning cheap rooms around there: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/683959-cheapest-accomadation-pattaya/

• Like 2

Under 30 they look like Anna Kournikova, over 30 like Anna Widdecomba (the peroxide blonde version).

Since you guys are locals ... and I'm not.

Where do you reckon is the best place for a cold beer (local pop is fine), modestly priced with some street aspect so I can see the passing scenery.

I would recommend any of the beach road open sided bars during mid afternoon, getting better the closer you get to Mikes mall coming from the North, somewhere like the Five Star bar, or also any of the corner bars on second road / soi's 13.2, 13.1 & 13 opposite the Avenue, there is usually plenty of nice scenery to observe, although it is not always possible to get a premium roadside seat due to the fellow pervs twitchers bird watching w00t.gif

• Like 1

^^^^,

agree with the above.

However I tend to avoid the BR bars mid afternoon/early evening because of the glare of the sun.

In the area mentioned above, Wonderful Beer Bar Two and right beside it The Meeting Place (or is it The Meeting Point?)

Both beside the Lek Hotel, both hassle free.

• Like 1

Wot they said, but I'll add:

Soi 6 is great from 2 pm. I've seen some incredible sights there. :)

Soi LK Metro from 5:30 as the dancers and other working ladies arrive.

Walking Street from 7:30, same reason.

Enjoy!

• Like 1

BTW ... thay have NZ @ $1.40 against England ... a tad generous I feel.

What's the points spread? Or should I be asking that of the guy who prefers Thai women?

6 1/2 ... it will be a cracker of a game.

Don't forget the Poms are at home so will have the crowd behind them.

First real test for NZ ... and they will triumph.

As for the other game ... they give Fiji no hope ... 36 1/2 points start ... facepalm.gif

I reckon that's a bit generous.

BTW ... I quite like Pattaya for all it's quirks ... good and bad everywhere.

Do you live there/close by?

I live over on the darkside - maybe 6-7 km to Walking St. Only go over for the nightlife when friends are in town - but I don't exactly need to be dragged kicking and screaming. Where I live is a nice compromise - only a few minutes to market gardens and farms, and only a few minutes to some of the raunchiest nightlife in the world. A man has chosen well.

I miss the dark side!

Under 30 they look like Anna Kournikova, over 30 like Anna Widdecomba (the peroxide blonde version).

Definitely a Robbie Williams / Robbie Coltrane parallel in their somewhere ;)

I flew in last night from HK and the plane was empty and the airport on arrival was less busy than I have ever seen it. From the plane to the car in 20 minutes that's how I like it. Keep up the demo's

Great - hopefully the next time you see the airport it wont be surrounded by razor wire and tanks. If it is, just get on the next bus to Patts and cut your losses.

art.suvarnabhumi.gi.jpg

Whatever happened to Anna...she must be around 30 now? She was one babe I think even I could have engaged my throttle and achieved lift off!

Where do you reckon is the best place for a cold beer (local pop is fine), modestly priced with some street aspect so I can see the passing scenery.

I would recommend any of the beach road open sided bars during mid afternoon, getting better the closer you get to Mikes mall coming from the North, somewhere like the Five Star bar, or also any of the corner bars on second road / soi's 13.2, 13.1 & 13 opposite the Avenue, there is usually plenty of nice scenery to observe, although it is not always possible to get a premium roadside seat due to the fellow pervs twitchers bird watching w00t.gif

My recommendations would be the Pook Bars in either soi Bua Khow or soi 6...both nice places for a cold one, open-sided to the street view, and hot babes.

• Like 1

My recommendations would be the Pook Bars in either soi Bua Khow or soi 6...both nice places for a cold one, open-sided to the street view, and hot babes.

555 You must have a different definition of "babes" to most men - unless you are only referring to the passing scenery........

(why is it emoticons are always greyed out just when you want to use them...)

I'm sure my situation is not unique.

I love a cool beer ... I have a long time Thai GF and we are soon to have twins ... we're solid.

But I still enjoy sitting is a well located Bar with some passing scenery and generally watching the world walk by.

Very much, as I did when I was hunting some tail when I first came her 6 or 7 years ago.

A lot of people dislike Pattaya ... but not me ... it's got it's faults ... but the fun outweigh the downers.

One secret I'd love to know is how do you guys get back to the Bus station?

Easy enough to grab the Baht Bus from there ... but getting back ... blink.png

Thanks for the replies and apologies to the OP if I digressed a little ... rolleyes.gif