What Companies Have You Used To Ship From The U.k.?

A. BOOZER

We will shortly be re-locating to Thailand from the U.K. Does anyone got experience on shipping/removal companies, any recomendations or sensible advice would be much appreciated.

Probably looking at about 12 cubic meters plus.

We will shortly be re-locating to Thailand from the U.K. Does anyone got experience on shipping/removal companies, any recomendations or sensible advice would be much appreciated.

Probably looking at about 12 cubic meters plus.

I can't give you the name of any specific company but when we moved nearly 4 years ago I looked in Yellow Pages and chose the company that was nearest. I went along to see them and told them exactly what I wanted ( in my case only 1 1/2 cu.mts. ) They collected my stuff from my house ( only small items, the biggest being an antique coffee table, all packed in bubble-wrap or cardboard cartons ) I didn't see the stuff again until I collected it from Bangkok customs. The box was a little bit worse for wear but all the contents were OK and complete. :o:D

I've used Schenkers (sp) several times and have been very happy with their service.

If you wife is Thai ensure that the delivery is registered as her household goods which she is shipping to Thailand as part of her return. That way you'll avoid taxes.

I've used Schenkers (sp) several times and have been very happy with their service.

If you wife is Thai ensure that the delivery is registered as her household goods which she is shipping to Thailand as part of her return. That way you'll avoid taxes.

Hi, I shipped some household items to Thailand last year. Spoke to about four companies and went with the cheapest,Allied Pickfords.They came to my house in Cornwall and gave me a quote. They boxed and wrapped everything in bubble wrap and delivered to my house in Isaan.I do believe you can ship over household items tax free,but only the one shipment. However I still had to pay customs 12000 baht this end for some strange reason something about type of visa.Anyhow got all my stuff in one piece within about 8weeks. :o

I used Shoreporters, with retrospect they were on the pricey side. Saying that the service was excellent, everything arrived in pristine condition.

I had no tax to pay (Thai national returning after more than one year abroad).

The one problem I had was Thai customs tried to remove the front wheelof my mountain bike, and didn't know to release the brake calipers to get the wheel off - so I had to fix that. Other than that there were no problems.

Hi, I shipped some household items to Thailand last year. Spoke to about four companies and went with the cheapest,Allied Pickfords.They came to my house in Cornwall and gave me a quote. They boxed and wrapped everything in bubble wrap and delivered to my house in Isaan.I do believe you can ship over household items tax free,but only the one shipment. However I still had to pay customs 12000 baht this end for some strange reason something about type of visa.Anyhow got all my stuff in one piece within about 8weeks. :o

Can someone give the approx cost of doing this? I will be at some time but am wondering if it might be cheaper to rebuy some things like furniture etc over in thailand if the costs are very high.

Just prepare to pay the "dash" to the customs to release your goods.

Thai customs tried it on with our shipment last week - wanted a few thousand baht on a plasma TV - I set my wife on them and I never hear from them again! :o