Yingluck rules out House dissolution, resignation

webfact

Yingluck rules out House dissolution, resignation

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Monday ruled out House dissolution and insisted that she would not step down.

While giving interview to reporters at noon following the weekly Cabinet meeting, a reporter asked her to affirm that she would neither dissolve the House nor resign, she replied: "That's right".

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-11-25

She can't resign.

To do so would trigger a new election which PTP may win, but with a much smaller majority (mandate) which would make any controversial legislation impossible to push through. This situation is clealry not acceptable to Taksin

Her only card left is to try to wait it out, which is real a non starter, so its stalemate.

I hope the military stay put, and i think they will. They must let politics take its course and remain impartial observers.

and if the margin is smaller coalition partner may side with the Democrats.

Rarely does a political leader step down until forced to....then it's usually more of a choice based on picking the option which gives them the best chance to possibly survive politically and possibly make a comeback. And in some countries literally just to survive which is not the case for Thailand.

I don't think she can last until 5th Dec.

I think she is hoping for 180 days so that she quietly slip the amnesty bill through. If and when that happens then there will be chaos but Thaksin will be free and who knows what will happen.

• Like 1

I am not sure that if the impeachment moves forward that YL is allowed to dissolve parliament. She has a lot on her plate with the censure and the threat of impeachment hanging over her.

All eyes should be on Newin and the other regional political bosses.

• Like 2

I don't think she can last until 5th Dec.

I think she is hoping for 180 days so that she quietly slip the amnesty bill through. If and when that happens then there will be chaos but Thaksin will be free and who knows what will happen.

If and that's a big IF that should happen, you can bet on the fugitive not returning to Thailand, no balls, too many enemies and not enough idiots to shield him 24/7 from the likes of those elusive and non-existent "black shirts" or their equivalent.

BANGKOK: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra Monday ruled out House dissolution and insisted that she would not step down.

You can't blame her, she is only taking the advice of her caddie. Just last week he told her to cling to power at all costs.

• Like 1

Big Brother has spoken, too much money at stake with all those scams schemes. He can't afford for her and his cronies to step down as his indebtedness to assorted political factions is a too big sum that needs to be settled along with the return on his sponsorship of the 2010 civil strife scenario.

He can't afford for her and his cronies to let go hence the no dissolution statement.

Let's ruin the country, its economy, its people, so long as we get the money that's fine.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

Yingluck and Puea Thai are not 'clinging to power' as mentioned above. They were elected just over 2 years ago by a large majority - they don't need minor parties to keep them in power. The yellow shirts are seeking to overthrow by undemocratic means, the elected government of this country.

How do you know that PT would be returned with a decreased majority? Has anyone actually asked the supporters of PT? I doubt it. Most polls are conducted in 'Bangkok and surrounding provinces' and are conducted on behalf of the polling companies by university students who barely speak the same language as the ordinary Thais.

• Like 2

millwall_fan post # 22

Yingluck and Puea Thai are not 'clinging to power' as mentioned above. They were elected just over 2 years ago by a large majority - they don't need minor parties to keep them in power. The yellow shirts are seeking to overthrow by undemocratic means, the elected government of this country.

They were not elected by a large majority their share (P.T.P.) of the votes cast was 48% thus they had to coerce and pay or offer political ministry incentives etc so as the minor political parties would come to join them so as to form a coalition government.

I along with many others do not see preponderance of Yellow Shirt supporters in the anti government rally rally. You would be certainly surprised if you were to take a stroll round our and the surrounding villages her in Amphur Sangkha Changewat Surin and canvass the views of the locals.

They are indeed supporting this anti government movement.

Strangely enough some of them are university educated and their fellow villagers understand their speech too, like them there fellow villagers are fully aware being rice farmers just how well they have been and still are being shafted by this puppet government and banks who haven't got the money y to pay for the pledged rice scam scheme.

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 2

How do you know that PT would be returned with a decreased majority? Has anyone actually asked the supporters of PT? I doubt it. Most polls are conducted in 'Bangkok and surrounding provinces' and are conducted on behalf of the polling companies by university students who barely speak the same language as the ordinary Thais.

Sorry, 46% is not a large majority.

millwall_fan post # 22

They were not elected by a large majority their share (P.T.P.) of the votes cast was 48% thus they had to coerce and pay or offer political ministry incentives etc so as the minor political parties would come to join them so as to form a coalition government.

I along with many others do not see preponderance of yellow Shirt supporters in the anti government rally rally. You would be certainly surprised if you were to take a stroll round our and the surrounding villages her in Amphur Sangkha Changewat Surin and canvass the views of the locals.

They are indeed supporting this anti government movement.

Strangely enough some of them are university educated and their fellow villagers understand their speech too, like them there fellow villagers are fully aware being rice farmers just how well they have been and still are being shafted by this puppet government and banks who haven't got the money y to pay for the pledged rice scam scheme.

your analysis is completely incorrect Siampolee: PT may have been elected by 48% of the people (which is a large percentage for a governing party in a democratic system -do any Western governments get elected with that kind of percentage of votes?), but this is a parliamentary system and PT won a good working majority of seats in parliament by themselves. They decided to invite the minor parties on board to strengthen that majority even further, as is their prerogative. Their is a factual deficit in your (and many other posters on this topic's) arguments

• Like 2

While saying <deleted> am I supposed to do with this.

You don't know when he sang? It was in all media...how to tell without getting the moderator on my neck....he sang about doing something with the mother, you usually do with your girlfriend.....

It was very strange and by far the lowest thing I have seen in Thailand

• Like 2

Sorry, 46% is not a large majority.

See above. 46% or 48% translated into a good working majority of parliamentary seats.

• Like 1

A lot has changed in the last two years. If PT were that confident they could retain their large majority why don't they prove it by calling an election now or at least putting their proposed constitutional amendments to the people?

millwall_fan post # 25

your analysis is completely incorrect Siampolee: PT may have been elected by 48% of the people (which is a large percentage for a governing party in a democratic system -do any Western governments get elected with that kind of percentage of votes?), but this is a parliamentary system and PT won a good working majority of seats in parliament by themselves. They decided to invite the minor parties on board to strengthen that majority even further, as is their prerogative. Their is a factual deficit in your (and many other posters on this topic's) arguments

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I can but presume that you no longer reside here or if you do you are totally unaware of how the greater majority of the Thai people feel. As I said take a walk around the villages get to grips with the grass root feelings.

Indeed the truth is a painful wound for the die hard supporters of the Thaksin P.T.P. corrupt puppet master government along with its own self serving interests.

I must confess I like many others find it difficult to comprehend your belief that a 48% lead out of a 100% figure is a majority figure.

One feels one must ask if by any chance judging by your math skills are you the current finance minister posting under a white lie pseudonym?whistling.gif

Edited by siampolee
  • Like 1

The pressure from her brother must be enormous. I almost feel sorry for her. She should never have been PM.

She has never really been the PM though. It's been a complete farce from start to finish.

There isn't a single party that could win a comfortable majority or form a workable government at this stage. That's one reason why Thaksin won't allow his sister to dissolve Parliament yet. If they are close to falling on their knees in the next couple of weeks, then it might be the only option left. At the moment, there is the risk of the Shinawatras being run out of town completely.

The red shirts are not exactly coming out in numbers - not even a decent number from their supposed local strongholds in Pathum Thani and Samut Prakan. No more than 10,000 of them last night at Rajamangala, and it looks like even less today. Has the cash stopped flowing from Dubai or have some people seen through the lies?

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing white or pure about the Democrats, and Suthep in particular, but the red shirt leadership is just absolutely rotten to the core.

Edited by Sunderland
  • Like 2