Thai govt asks the world to condemn protesters

webfact

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"And Hugo Swire, minister of state for the British Foreign Office, said: "As a friend of Thailand, the UK urges all sides to adhere to their commitment to the values of democracy and rule of law in the interests of Thailand's peace and stability."

cheesy.gifclap2.gif

Now that's diplomacy. Saying something that means nothing at all.

I found a meaning: whoever wins will have our support wai.gif

The world condamn Shinawatra's for not doing anything against crimes and corruption in their country. They also condamn Shinawatra's because they refuses to protect foreigners travelling or living up there, not being more than Targets for anyone in this country. Stop dreaming and get out of this country like your brother as you are not welcome there anymore.

• Like 1

What a lot of childish rubbish in here. The fact is that the present government is democratically elected like it or not. The rumors about big brother running the country, is what it is, just rumors, where is the proof. Occupation of government offices would be illegal in any country i should think. Allegations of corruption and populist politics is nothing new, and Mr.Suthep and his cronies should take a close look in the mirror instead of creating hell for their country. Anyway, i thought this man and his former boss was up for charges of murder after ordering the police and army out for a full out deadly attack on demonstrators in 2010. He lost his power in a democratic election, and would probably loose again in new election This carnage is his only way to get back into power, and he knows it. Sad that this thing is allowed to go on.

• Like 2

What a lot of childish rubbish in here. The fact is that the present government is democratically elected like it or not. The rumors about big brother running the country, is what it is, just rumors, where is the proof. Occupation of government offices would be illegal in any country i should think. Allegations of corruption and populist politics is nothing new, and Mr.Suthep and his cronies should take a close look in the mirror instead of creating hell for their country. Anyway, i thought this man and his former boss was up for charges of murder after ordering the police and army out for a full out deadly attack on demonstrators in 2010. He lost his power in a democratic election, and would probably loose again in new election This carnage is his only way to get back into power, and he knows it. Sad that this thing is allowed to go on.

"The rumors about big brother running the country, is what it is, just rumors, where is the proof. "

attachicon.gifpaper.jpgattachicon.gifpaper1.jpgattachicon.gifpaper2.jpg

Thaksin's egomaniac drive prevents him from retiring gracefully. "My sister is my clone" "I am Yingluck's caddie" etc etc.

Try not to be too naive, please.

as for ordering the police / army to undertake a full out deadly attack as you like to call it, check a few fact regarding this matter and don't forget to have a very careful look at who / why these some-called charges have been laid, you might be very surprised following a bit of education on the subject..

• Like 1

Absolutely right. In any country in the world, the sight of a gang of thugs wandering around inside government offices, with free access to the data held on computers there, would be considered a grave threat to national security. In almost any other country, the army would have dragged them out by now and dressed them in orange jumpsuits. The democratically elected government of Thailand should stop pussy footing around.

It never ceases to amaze me how many farangs pop their heads up here on Thaivisa to describe these anti democracy goons as "peaceful protesters".

• Like 2

My guess is, that the foreign representatives will laugh Mr. Surapong Tovijakchaikul out of the room. He is obviously in way over his pay grade. The govt. deserves all it is dealing with. They have been completely irresponsible. And now for Yingbat to claim they are not doing the bidding of her brother? Who believes that? It just makes her look even less credible than she is. Is it possible she is even less competent than her American counterpart? Perhaps. What is the saying of the party? Thaksin says, and the party does. Something like that. Well, need I say more? They dug this hole for themselves, and now they want other people to condemn the protestors? Is that a complete denial of democracy, or what? Does the term goombah come to mind?

• Like 1

The world bank told Thailand they should take another look at this rice buying scheme and the Thai government more or less get stuffed and mind your own business and the Thai government want the west to help them now. Wake up sort it your self you made the mess.

• Like 2

"The rumors about big brother running the country, is what it is, just rumors"

but ... but ... but ... Thaksin the Innocent said so himself. You mean I can't even believe him?

Yea I agree with that.. We cannot forget that PAD, yellow shirts, whoever these idiots are that are occupying the ministries- are against democracy despite calling themselves 'democrats' their whole thing is that the government should not be elected, it should be 'appointed by smart people' this is indicative of the elitist nature of PAD. What do they want now? for the government to be disoloved-Yingluck will win again in the snap election. Most people do not even know what the protesters want. With the Redshirts it was simple-they wanted fresh elections immediately, Abhist refused, military crackdown, massive destruction of central bangkok, new elections came within 6 months, Yingluck wins, she is allowed to govern for less than 2 years before the PAD fascists decide that they will start trashing government buildings.. the dirty trik they used last time occupy the airport, they intimidated some court to disqualify enough PT MPs so that the democrats can govern, it won't work this time because no court is going to dissolve the Phua Thai party, especially knowing the redshirts will come out in greater numbers than the yellowshirts, the military will not launch another coup..

it's easy for the PAD to constantly scream 'corruption' as if their politicians are all saints; democratic elections are not perfect but that's all we got, there is no alternative, the faction that wins the election must be allowed to govern, even if they run the country down with too much entitlement spending and corruption; when their policies fail and the country plunges into another economic crises like 1997, then I'm pretty sure they will not win the next election, but for now the Yingluck administration is the legal government.

• Like 1

" The letter explains that the ongoing campaign to overthrow the government of Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is an illegal and disruptive conspiracy hatched by factions hostile to democratic regime in the country."

Seem a wide and wider spreading thing though. Almost as if thai people over the social, economical and maybe political divide agree with the protests.

This is just as true as all those "all reds are the same" remarks. Mind you, the "progressed beyond Thaksin" doesn't seem to have taken hold though.

To condemn all current anti-government protesters as PAD, yellow shirts, other type of idiots only shows a total lack of understanding.

As for who's to blame for the 1997 crisis, well just read some more on that. Here it's really off topic, even though Thaksin was also somehow involved.

Yea I agree with that.. We cannot forget that PAD, yellow shirts, whoever these idiots are that are occupying the ministries- are against democracy despite calling themselves 'democrats' their whole thing is that the government should not be elected, it should be 'appointed by smart people' this is indicative of the elitist nature of PAD. What do they want now? for the government to be disoloved-Yingluck will win again in the snap election. Most people do not even know what the protesters want. With the Redshirts it was simple-they wanted fresh elections immediately, Abhist refused, military crackdown, massive destruction of central bangkok, new elections came within 6 months, Yingluck wins, she is allowed to govern for less than 2 years before the PAD fascists decide that they will start trashing government buildings.. the dirty trik they used last time occupy the airport, they intimidated some court to disqualify enough PT MPs so that the democrats can govern, it won't work this time because no court is going to dissolve the Phua Thai party, especially knowing the redshirts will come out in greater numbers than the yellowshirts, the military will not launch another coup..

it's easy for the PAD to constantly scream 'corruption' as if their politicians are all saints; democratic elections are not perfect but that's all we got, there is no alternative, the faction that wins the election must be allowed to govern, even if they run the country down with too much entitlement spending and corruption; when their policies fail and the country plunges into another economic crises like 1997, then I'm pretty sure they will not win the next election, but for now the Yingluck administration is the legal government.

I think many people are overlooking the points you raised. You cannot just topple an elected government any old time, that is what elections are for, Like them or not this govt was voted in by the people. They can be thrown out at the next election. I find it amusing that people think that the alternative will be so much better..it wont.

• Like 2