Protests will continue until Thaksin regime is out

webfact

Who the hell is this guy?

He is Suthep Thaugsuban's step-son. He studied at St. Gabriel's School in Bangkok, spent some time studying in Australia, and later studied at Oxford University. He has been directly involved with the democrats since about 2009.

I am reminded of a profound quotation by Stephen Hawking:

" It doesn't matter what school you went to or to whom you are related. It matters what you do."

It would seem this man has failed at putting his education to good use and is, sadly, following in the family footsteps.

Oak, on the other hand, was too inept to cheat at school successfully ........... facepalm.gif

No argument there but that is not relevant to this article. Suthep, parroted now through the voice of his step-son, is pushing for what is nothing less than a putsch.

There is either the "rule of law" or "mob rule"; you cannot have both. Thailand's fledging (semi) Democracy is being pushed even further away by such asinine actions.

Edited by lifeincnx
  • Like 1

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why not confiscate Thaksin's and Pojman's assets; ban him from political activity for (10) years, and let him return home. After all, he was removed from office by extra-constitutional means. Richard Nixon was a crook, but be was forced out of office by legal pressure, not a by coup d'etat.

He can return home any time. Even if he wouldn't need to serve his 2 year jail term, there are hundreds of other cases at court.

So what happens when they kick them out. Then get voted back in? I just don't get it.

As the Ft Oped said yesterday, if the yellow shirts want to occupy government buildings, they should do so on the basis that they have won an election. Until then, they should stick to peaceful demonstrations.

Wake up lads. Politicians everywhere in the world are all corrupt, why do you think they work for peanuts? Taksin was clamping down on corruption and you can't do that, which is why they ousted him.

They have stable government in the west because the media fools enough of us, here the media isn't that influential, so they play ring-a-ring-a-roses instead.

This is helping make sterling stronger anyway....and those multinationals left will hasten their departure to cheaper countries.

Buying votes is a great idea, cuts down on hypocrisy.

This is a very jaded, cynical and simplistic perception.

To say that every politician in the world is corrupt just totally discredited your post from the very first sentence, the rest of it is just fairytale rubbish from a twisted mind that resides firmly in la-la land.

My 9 year old son can come up with a more realistic and substantiated political post than this.

But of course it is a pure troll post...... not very mature or clever.

Would you explain to me how: "politicians everywhere in the world" (which does not specify that every politician is corrupt, just that everywhere has corrupt politicians), led you to "every politician in the world is corrupt

Using your son as ammunition is disgraceful. Bet, since you did it, he might be quite capable of understanding the jump in logic that you make in interpreting the protest.

What are you even arguing with here? You didn't touch the comment on vote-buying, which I think would be most controversial here and you also ignored the statement about the media. You used your own twisting of the words I cited above in my post to dismiss the argument and call the poster a troll.

Yes, sir, you, my friend, are indeed, and I mean this with absolutely NO sarcasm whatsoever, very mature and, moreover, extremely clever. Your son should be proud (see, this is why you shouldn't use your kid to dish out insults...hopefully you don't actually have one and you just used it to enhance the strength of your extremely well thought-out logic based on your nuanced reading of the poster.

I bet you think I agree with everything the poster said. I don't, I am just sick of people thinking they can label people who offer radical versions of thought as trolls....especially when they spin peoples word who are WRITTEN in print above

Go back to the post you are supporting apparently and read it very carefully... " Politicians everywhere in the world are all corrupt"... (my emphasis, to help you see your blunder). TT did not make any such interpretation, he used the very words of AllanB's post to which he replied.

especially when they spin peoples word who are WRITTEN in print above Ooooops!!! whistling.gif

No doubt your apology to TT will be in the post..... wai.gif

lol, my mistake indeed....I still stand by most of it though...trolling is a very overused term which to me says, you are stupid, because I don't agree with you, therefore you are a troll.....but still, yeah, no, very stupid on my part..no excuse for it