Thailand protest leader Suthep gives PM Yingluck 'two-day ultimatum'

webfact

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the same guy I saw on TV not long ago? Minus tooth brush mo and German he very much reminded me of Hitler. The government should stand down and call fresh elections now but I hope this nutter does not get elected. I suspect another military coup is in the wings.

I suspect that's the plan.

In a couple of days the army will step in and take control whilst Suthep and his pad/dem allies thrash out their new "peoples government" and who takes responsibility for what from the "great

And the good"

Meanwhile the north and north east will be put in "protective custody"

I hope that's not what's planned and greater minds are brought to bear

Edited by sbk

read the anti-western speech that Suthep gave in January of this year. He blames western infiltration for many of Thailand's problems and wants westerners out of the country. Did you buy a condo in Pattaya?

Really?

I would have thought that would have been a very popular topic here in TVF.

I think you have an overactive imagination.

Unless of course you can go and fetch some evidence of the anti-western speech to support your claims, if not... then go back to sleep.

Don't know about the January speech claimed above, but Suthep's certainly expressed strong opinions on farang before.

'THAILAND on Thursday dismissed suggestions that foreign observers were needed to monitor its upcoming election, with the deputy prime minister saying he does ‘not respect’ Westerners.

It would be ‘inappropriate’ to allow outside involvement in the poll, which is due in June or July and comes after deadly street protests last year, said Suthep Thaugsuban.

‘I don’t respect ‘farangs’. We do not have to surrender to them,‘ he said, using the Thai word for ‘Westerners’.

I am surprised that Red Shirts do not respect our country’s sovereignty… I don’t understand why they constantly call for foreign involvement, it is inappropriate,’ Mr Suthep told reporters.'

http://asiancorrespondent.com/51084/thailand-rejects-foreign-election-observers/

A bit like the Boss's famous quote, "The UN is not my father", in response to UN concern over his program of extrajudicial killings by the police.

I just gave Suthep a two-finger salute, and he can keep it for as many days as he likes. He's made Thailand look like a tinpot on the world stage again, and his actions have led to loss of life, but he is still demanding power to the people - meaning plutocrat people he is friends with. It is no different to PTP nepotism, it is just another facet of autocracy.

I was 100% behind the mobilisation of 200k+ (or however many it actually was) people for a day of peaceful marches and speechmaking and general good atmosphere with your peers. I totally /blockmode everything that Suthep did after that first day of massprotest, it is not even relating to democracy on any level whatsoever.

Why can Thailand never produce the right leaders when it needs them?

First the redshirts fighting against the rich for the rights of the poor and now the middle class fighting against rampant government corruption on behalf of the minority who actually pay taxes and both let down by their self appointed leaders.

There must be someone, somewhere in Thailand who can step up and be the nation's hero.

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

I just gave Suthep a two-finger salute, and he can keep it for as many days as he likes. He's made Thailand look like a tinpot on the world stage again, and his actions have led to loss of life, but he is still demanding power to the people - meaning plutocrat people he is friends with. It is no different to PTP nepotism, it is just another facet of autocracy.

I was 100% behind the mobilisation of 200k+ (or however many it actually was) people for a day of peaceful marches and speechmaking and general good atmosphere with your peers. I totally /blockmode everything that Suthep did after that first day of massprotest, it is not even relating to democracy on any level whatsoever.

Why can Thailand never produce the right leaders when it needs them?

First the redshirts fighting against the rich for the rights of the poor and now the middle class fighting against rampant government corruption on behalf of the minority who actually pay taxes and both let down by their self appointed leaders.

There must be someone, somewhere in Thailand who can step up and be the nation's hero.

Starbung ?

Don't know about the January speech claimed above, but Suthep's certainly expressed strong opinions on farang before.

'THAILAND on Thursday dismissed suggestions that foreign observers were needed to monitor its upcoming election, with the deputy prime minister saying he does ‘not respect’ Westerners.

It would be ‘inappropriate’ to allow outside involvement in the poll, which is due in June or July and comes after deadly street protests last year, said Suthep Thaugsuban.

‘I don’t respect ‘farangs’. We do not have to surrender to them,‘ he said, using the Thai word for ‘Westerners’.

I am surprised that Red Shirts do not respect our country’s sovereignty… I don’t understand why they constantly call for foreign involvement, it is inappropriate,’ Mr Suthep told reporters.'

http://asiancorrespondent.com/51084/thailand-rejects-foreign-election-observers/

A bit like the Boss's famous quote, "The UN is not my father", in response to UN concern over his program of extrajudicial killings by the police.

True, although the full quote is: "The United Nations is not my father," he said. "I'm not worried about any UN visit to Thailand on this issue. A UN envoy can come any time to make observations." Still a disgraceful remark though, given the context, which couldn't be more serious.

i have no idea what you are talking about.

the yellow shirt backers have much more power and money than thaksin.

thaksin keeps winning because he is the only guy in the country who has ever given the poor even a crumb and they know it. they are not as stupid as you think.

This is the same logic that people used to defend the Mafia in the states back when. The threw a few parties, passed out some turkeys and maybe turned a vacant lot into a park but in the end they took a lot more out of the neighborhood in protection money, gambling, drugs, prostitution and other activities than they ever contributed to anyone's welfare but their own. To support either side of these corrupt elites is stupid and against their best interests. They need to find a clean leader, but TIT.

Edited by ripper15

And if the Government doesn't bow down to a mad man and give him the power what is he going to do, order his sheep to start killing, burning and looting the country until it is handed over to him?

The man is a total psycho and not in any fit state to run a country. Who will he self appoint as he deputy, his son?

Leave Oak alone!

Oh...err,,,,

smile.png

• Like 1

V day was a failure for Suthep and his paymasters in the Ruling Elite. It was a success for the police who for once managed to prevent the illegal occupation of government offices. Ultimately it will be a success for democracy and the so called 'Democrat party' must now rethink its political raison d'etre: It needs to realise that the country has a large poor majority -both rural and urban and campaign accordingly. The government is far from perfect - in many ways it is deeply flawed - but is the democratic choice of the people and that must be respected.

Whether the ruling elite like it or not their day has passed. Increasingly they will have to obey the law, pay all their taxes and accept that they are citizens with no more rights than other citizens. They also have to accept that just because someone hasn't managed to buy a university degree like they did, it does not make them any less a citizen.

Finally, at some point, they must accept that Thaksin Shinawatra is and remains a key figure in this country and they would be better served with him here than in dubai throwing stones. He has been in the news almost everyday since his 1006 overthrow. time to negotiate his return.

You correctly state that "time to negotiate his return." yes, under arrest and transported straight to the nearest gaol where he belongs, and to stay until all this outstanding charges can be brought to court.

And if the Government doesn't bow down to a mad man and give him the power what is he going to do, order his sheep to start killing, burning and looting the country until it is handed over to him?

The man is a total psycho and not in any fit state to run a country. Who will he self appoint as he deputy, his son?

Leave Oak alone!

Oh...err,,,,

smile.png

Yeah, poor little Oak - can't even arrange to cheat in an exam without getting caught, just the person that should be groomed and promoted to run the country in the future.

Edited by Artisi

I am not defending Thaksin. I am stating a simple fact. The democrats and Bangkok elite do not care about the rural poor. The rural poor are better off with Thaksin than the Democrats. The crazy thing is that the democrats could actually take major steps to change all of that.

Suthep could have started this by saying that the Democrats and all politicians have behaved unfairly for the rural poor and that he is going to keep and improve the programs to help them and that they will be apart of his new Hong Kong style government and explain how and explain that he understands why they like Thaksin but that there is a better way etc... but the people backing him don't want any of that.

You have started a train of thought that will not go down well here, but with which I entirely agree.

If AV, Suthep and the Dems had a fraction of a brain and any slight understanding of people, they could have won an election with thought out policies and deliverable results.

Immediately after the last coup they could have won the hearts and minds long term, instead they dropped the ball and the rest is just sour grapes and threatens the well being of the whole country.

If the best Suthep, AV and their backers can come up with is insurrection and throwing faeces, then they are deservedly electorially doomed.

This is worse period for Thailand than 2010 because those who should be creating solutions are instead creating mayhem and violence.

Any one with any feeling for Thailand must deplore what the Dems are doing now.

Edited by philw

very strange way to do for those who call themselves democrats.

There is only one democratic way to let the people decide or choose a leader or political party.

Someday somebody has to stop that habit to change government by the force each certain time.

Now is their opportunity, will they?

I am not so optimistic.

Is easy manage the mob to get the power again instead of doing something to set up as an example the democratic way to do for the future thinking more for the country than for their personal politics interests.

So, will Yingluck be charged for the deaths and people hurt while her govt was in power as was Abhist?

Yingluk didn't/hasn't deployed the military and the hardest thing the police have used is O.C spray. Abhist went in full bore with a much more aggressive and violent approach to those that didn't support him.

So, will Yingluck be charged for the deaths and people hurt while her govt was in power as was Abhist?

Sure, as soon as Abhisit and Suthep get convicted for 80+ deaths of red shirts, then Yingluck will be convicted of the deaths of um ....3 red shirts. Does that make sense? I sure hope so.

But if Suthep can achieve his goal and overthrow the government, he won't have to appear in court later this month, which is really the only goal of his protest. The people that follow him are just too dumb to see that.

• Like 2

read the anti-western speech that Suthep gave in January of this year. He blames western infiltration for many of Thailand's problems and wants westerners out of the country. Did you buy a condo in Pattaya?

Really?

I would have thought that would have been a very popular topic here in TVF.

I think you have an overactive imagination.

Unless of course you can go and fetch some evidence of the anti-western speech to support your claims, if not... then go back to sleep.

Suthep's January speech has been discussed in a thread on TV, I have posted direct quotes from the speech. You can search the forum. I'm not going to do it for you.

• Like 1