Train derails near Lamphun station

webfact

Oh the shame..... the pure comedy gold shame cheesy.gif

So I guess they'll be an election for a new Governor (yeah right)

hehehe They do not have elections for the Governor Of The Train service it is an appointed position. Do some research.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hehehe They do not have elections for the Governor Of The Train service it is an appointed position. Do some research.

I even never knew there was an official function called Governor of train services facepalm.gif

OK people, lets be a bit more positive. The train had completed 95% of the required distance without mishap and your being critical about one little bogie jumping off the rails.

95% is pretty darn good......considering no-one died! rolleyes.gif

Think it is time for ''farang'' to take control of the tech and purse strings.

no need Farang. Thai can do.

This doesn't make sense:

LAMPHUN, Dec 2 - A Chiang Mai-bound express train on which the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) governor was travelling derailed just two hours after departing from Lamphun station early today.

Two hours out of Lamphun it would already be in Chiang Mai. So the story has some inaccuracies.

(Not doubting that it derailed of course, but just mentioning that the story can't be fully accurate)

The train had probably got nearly as far as Phayao before they realised that the track ran out in Chiang Mai.

This doesn't make sense:

LAMPHUN, Dec 2 - A Chiang Mai-bound express train on which the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) governor was travelling derailed just two hours after departing from Lamphun station early today.

Two hours out of Lamphun it would already be in Chiang Mai. So the story has some inaccuracies.

(Not doubting that it derailed of course, but just mentioning that the story can't be fully accurate)

Maybe it had to stop every 30 minutes to take on the water vendors, fried chicken vendors, sausage vendors et al .... and to let the children, who are not used to the excessive speed, disembark to relieve themselves at a handy tree.

I even never knew there was an official function called Governor of train services facepalm.gif

He is the Governor so he can wear that nice white uniform and get all those medals which helps your image when you have functions and photo shoots.

nice to see the Governer does not need to quit as he has done a great job so far.... the evil station chief who caused the derailment should be..eh transfered lol

Don't worry the photo will come out soon showing all the railway officials pointing at the station chief

• Like 1

According to my wife, and confirmed by reply #34, the derailment was caused by points being the wrong way ie, operator error and nothing to do with the tracks per se.

So, those scoffing at the rail repairs can shuffle off quietly in embarrasment at being too fast to criticise.

Edited by thaibeachlovers

According to my wife, and confirmed by reply #34, the derailment was caused by points being the wrong way ie, operator error and nothing to do with the tracks per se.

So, those scoffing at the rail repairs can shuffle off quietly in embarrasment at being too fast to criticise.

On the last sentence, the fact is that this was not part of the repaired section. Thus as has been stated the two are unrelated. Frankly, it is a huge embarrassment for the SRT Gov given the timing.

People love to jump on the SRT as it is an easy target. There is much to criticise about the SRT but that usually takes some informed and factual analysis which is beyond most.

On the last sentence, the fact is that this was not part of the repaired section. Thus as has been stated the two are unrelated. Frankly, it is a huge embarrassment for the SRT Gov given the timing.

People love to jump on the SRT as it is an easy target. There is much to criticise about the SRT but that usually takes some informed and factual analysis which is beyond most.

So you're saying posters were on the wrong track all along then?

Coat.....check

Hat........check

Rail ticket........facepalm.gif

Edited by Rob8891

Anyone who connected the recent track repairs with this derailment, as some did, are definitely on the wrong track. This didn't occur where the main line was repaired & wasn't even on the main line. Most seem to ignore that fact & the underlying reality as to why the SRT is in such a poor shape.

It would be akin to blaming the recent Thai Airways accident at Swampy with building the Phase 2 new passenger terminal. Both are completely unrelated.

Still, highly embaressing for the SRT.

How many derailments does it take to make a point. Please, get real.

Edited by connda

Using the numbers above.

USA has one derailment per 500km approx.

Has Thailand had more than 8 in the last twelve months?

I think you would have to compare rail distance travelled rather than track length, but still Thailand is way out on front.

I agree entirely but I couldn't find those figures and thought the amount of track laid was a fair substitute. The US moves a huge volume of freight by rail over an expansive land area so I suspect that the total rail distance traveled widens the margin still more. In general US infrastructure has been neglected over the past couple decades but rail lines are generally not government owned in the US and have been properly maintained and upgraded as a business asset.

Well I must say it's very reassuring to know that the latest incident was caused by an SRT operational error and not by an SRT maintenance error.

I wonder whose turn it will be next?

• Like 1

Anyone who connected the recent track repairs with this derailment, as some did, are definitely on the wrong track. This didn't occur where the main line was repaired & wasn't even on the main line. Most seem to ignore that fact & the underlying reality as to why the SRT is in such a poor shape.

It would be akin to blaming the recent Thai Airways accident at Swampy with building the Phase 2 new passenger terminal. Both are completely unrelated.

facepalm.gif We definitely need an "irony" icon.... wink.png

Train carrying SRT chief derails in Lamphun

By English News

1385967732251.jpg

The last car carrying Mr Prapas Chongsa-nguan on a duty trip derailed at 9.30am after the train left Lampang station at 6.30am. The SRT chief and his team of managers and and other passengers were not hurt in the incident as the train moved slowly towards Lumphun station.

It was the first incident just one day after the SRT reopened its northern rail route between Uttaradit and Chiang Mai yesterday. The section of the railway had been closed for repairs for 75 days following frequent rail accidents.

The SRT governor explained that the incident was caused by human error as Lumphun station chief hastily ordered his staff to switch the rail track while the last compartment moved past the area and eventually derailed.

SRT workers are now working to retrieve the derailed car.

Mr Prapas reportedly ordered the transfer of Lamphun station chief Silarat Divajee to Sila Art station as a result of the mishap. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg

-- TNA 2013-12-02

SRT workers are now working to retrieve the derailed car.

did they lose it?whistling.gif

Are you saying Lamphun is not on the main line from Bangkok.

I don't give a rat's ass if it was repaired or not. What gets me is they said they were repairing the line not just hit and miss parts. Of course it was some ones fault,

Do people really expect the Government to admit it didn't do what it said it was going to do.wai.gif