Austrian Consulate Pattaya provide ‘Verification of Income ‘letter

Can anyone confirm that this is OK with Immigration? Key Visa will arrange the letter but it is much more expensive. I need the letter in a couple of weeks but, although I normally enjoy a trip to get it from the embassy, I don't really want to go to Bangkok whilst the demonstrations are on.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last month they refused my bank letter for the first time in years so I went to the Austrian Consulate and got an Income Verification letter. Back to Jomtien Immigration and they took it gladly and said it would be okay to go this route every year.

I am a Dutch citizen.

• 3 months later...

ok will give this a shot at renewal after that i maybe moving to trat so my ? is does any member know

where and if i can get a verification letter in trat,without having to return to pattaya,btw forgot to mention i'm a brit.

Thanks.

ok will give this a shot at renewal after that i maybe moving to trat so my ? is does any member know

where and if i can get a verification letter in trat,without having to return to pattaya,btw forgot to mention i'm a brit.

Thanks.

You can do it by mail to the UK embassy from anywhere in Thailand.

• Like 1

If this is true and Brits can get letters at another Consulate, then you will find the British Embassy will open up a consulate again pretty sharpish..

Right now they get the letter money regardless of having a consulate in Pattaya, they just make people travel to Bangkok for it.

If other consulates will do the letter in Pattaya, the British Embassy would lose a fortune (isn't it 2K a letter?) and all of a sudden a consulate in Pattaya as if by magic will suddenly be economically viable again.

2k !!!! The Swedish Embassy charge 570 baht

If this is true and Brits can get letters at another Consulate, then you will find the British Embassy will open up a consulate again pretty sharpish..

Right now they get the letter money regardless of having a consulate in Pattaya, they just make people travel to Bangkok for it.

If other consulates will do the letter in Pattaya, the British Embassy would lose a fortune (isn't it 2K a letter?) and all of a sudden a consulate in Pattaya as if by magic will suddenly be economically viable again.

I just recently paid 1550 baht for mine. At least people from the UK have the option to get theirs by mail. I have to make a trip to Bangkok for mine.

I just recently paid 1550 baht for mine. At least people from the UK have the option to get theirs by mail. I have to make a trip to Bangkok for mine.

Joe what country are you from ?

Joe what country are you from ?

I passport says USA on it.

What I would like to know is whether the letter from the Austrian consul is proven by documentation or just issued on a declaration (as with the US consul)? The reason being that whilst my income exceeds the required amount by many times none of it takes the form of a pension or even any sort of fixed payment. It also arrives in several different bank accounts that aren't even all in the same country. So making an (honest) declaration of my annual income is one thing but showing proof of that income is another.

The question of whether the British consul "accepts" that their citizens use another country's consular services is a red herring and completely irrelevant; it's quite simply none of their business. The only thing that matters is whether Thai Immigration accept the letter they are presented with. A certification done by the noodle lady at the end of Soi 5 would be equally valid, if it was accepted.

What I would like to know is whether the letter from the Austrian consul is proven by documentation or just issued on a declaration (as with the US consul)? The reason being that whilst my income exceeds the required amount by many times none of it takes the form of a pension or even any sort of fixed payment. It also arrives in several different bank accounts that aren't even all in the same country. So making an (honest) declaration of my annual income is one thing but showing proof of that income is another.

The question of whether the British consul "accepts" that their citizens use another country's consular services is a red herring and completely irrelevant; it's quite simply none of their business. The only thing that matters is whether Thai Immigration accept the letter they are presented with. A certification done by the noodle lady at the end of Soi 5 would be equally valid, if it was accepted.

And if the Austrian consul letter was issued on the basis of a declaration with monetary amounts expressed in EUR, this might subsequently lead to fun and games for us Brits at extension of stay time in the event of Immigration asking to see supporting docs which would, of course, include monetary amounts expressed in GBP!

Ok guys contacted swedish consul re: retirement extension income letter, and the good news as price and service

goes is as follows.

Dear Mr.??????/
Yes we can provide an income verification for the immigration for the application of retirement visa.
Please Bring the following Documents:
1. Passport (Copy of Passport)
2. Latest Income Statement from Tax Authority (2014)
3. Residence Certificate in Thailand
4. Fee of 570 Baht
We would like to remind you that we process the documents 5 days to 7 days upon application.
Kind Regards,
Jal Abarintos
Consular Officer
Consulate of Sweden, Pattaya
<contact member by PM for email address>
Edited by ubonjoe
Removed email address Not allowed by forum rules
  • Like 1

When I go to the Swedish Embassy it's not any income statement from Tax Authority. It's a statement from the one that give you the pension.

In Bangkok they will do it the same day I arrive.

Edited by larsjohnsson

But i reside in pattaya and if the letter is ok with immo ,then why would i travel with higher expenses to get the same day

when i can w8 the week or so,as i'm getting the letter 4 months ahead of schedule.

So it's a simple matter of getting things done with little stress/money/travel/time, as in 2 x 10 minute trips to consul compared to say 3hr round trip to bankok +waiting time.

i hope my post concerning swedish consul pattaya has helped the community....

Edited by Brit_Doggie

Yes we can provide an income verification for the immigration for the application of retirement visa.

4. Fee of 570 Baht

Well, the price is right and a lot more honest than the total rip-off 2500B that the UK consulate wants for this simple task.

But No. 2 may not really work for many UK expats. It certainly wouldn't for me, not least because you dont get a tax statement for a particular year until the end of the following year. I've never heard of an "income statement" from HMRC but maybe it does exist. Quite what people would do who have income from many different sources, I dont know.

It's a shame that the Swedish consulate doesnt just do this as an affidavit like the US one does. If they did the queue of Brits outside would be a mile long.

My retirement visa is coming up soon. I will try the Swedish or Austrian Consulates for an income verification letter. Maybe for the Swedes a P60, which is a UK tax statement, will suffice although it's for the last year 2013/14. Where is the Swedish consulate ?

Where is the Swedish consulate ?

That was not too easy tongue.png

http://www.sugar-hut.com/Consulate-Sweden.html

http://www.sugar-hut.com/sugar-hut_map.html

Its in the "Sugar Hut:" resort.

Near the top of the hill between Pattaya and Jomtien.

Streetview to the entrance road:

http://goo.gl/maps/tOsiy

Edited by KhunBENQ

When k visa did my last years letter in bangkok, i provided them with copy of pension statement and not a p60 substitute

and a utility bill showing my address although the letter was drawn up at the embassy,i am hopeful that our friendly swedish consul will only require the same documentation for their rubber stamp approval.

I have e-mailed them enquiring as to whether this is acceptable but as yet have not replied, so no further info to pass on.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

When k visa did my last years letter in bangkok, i provided them with copy of pension statement and not a p60 substitute

and a utility bill showing my address although the letter was drawn up at the embassy,i am hopeful that our friendly swedish consul will only require the same documentation for their rubber stamp approval.

I have e-mailed them enquiring as to whether this is acceptable but as yet have not replied, so no further info to pass on.

I'm from Sweden. And that's what the Embassy like to see. I do the same as you write. You can find it on their website in Swedish. Google translate or Chrome and you have it in English.

4. Fee of 570 Baht

Well, the price is right and a lot more honest than the total rip-off 2500B that the UK consulate wants for this simple task.

But No. 2 may not really work for many UK expats. It certainly wouldn't for me, not least because you dont get a tax statement for a particular year until the end of the following year. I've never heard of an "income statement" from HMRC but maybe it does exist. Quite what people would do who have income from many different sources, I dont know.

It's a shame that the Swedish consulate doesnt just do this as an affidavit like the US one does. If they did the queue of Brits outside would be a mile long.

No. 3 could be problematical as well. From whom may "Residence Certificates" be obtained, and at what cost?

Were Immigration to catch whiff of us Brits being issued with income statements by the Swedes or whomever on the basis of affidavits, there would then be a real possibility of them demanding to see income evidence as required by the British Embassy at annual extension of stay time in any event!

Edited by OJAS

I recollect that residence certs are issued at immigration @ 200 baht in a walk in come back later basis.

But these are as stated b4 for buying/selling car/bike, and opening thai bank accounts etc, not as proof of address for thai immigration for renewals etc, a simple bill or bank statement showing address is all they need.

even seen today via www a letter from owner stating that you reside in the propery address will suffice.

As for immo sniffing us out they not blind and naturally check out the swedish endorsed stamp.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

• 1 month later...

Strange? Because I have been reading reports here from UK people that asked the Swedish Consul, and he said it would be ok.

BUT did they expressly tell the Consul they are not Swedish passport holders? Or Austrian PP holders?

I think all of this "yes we do it" and "confirming emails", etc., is the result of miscommunication and the Consul person is never even dreaming that somebody from Portugal with a Portuguese PP would show up and offer documents in a foreign language and want him/her to verify them.

It's an "open secret" that you can wander into certain other countries consulates and get this service? Why would you have to when the Brits had one in Jomtien? I think the ex consul guy was talking out his butt in order to keep the flack down about closing a needed office. There are hundreds, if not thousands of Brits in Pattaya and surrounding areas.

This thread is months and months old and not one person has said "I am from Finland and I got an income verification from the Austrian Consul and used it successfully to extend my visa."

I just can't believe they would do it.

Please prove me wrong... anybody.

'nuff said

~

Edited by 'nuff said

Dutch passport holder is accepted by the Austrian Consul and the statement is accepted by Pattaya immigration.

Swedish Consulate ( now in the Dusit Thani ) doesn't not do it. Meaning the current receptionist had no clue.

This is confirmed 3 days ago

Send from my Galaxy S4 4G LTE

Today i attempted to get a income letter from the swedish consul at sugar hut resort pattaya, but guess what guys it not there anymore,apparantly it has now relocated to north pattaya.

Luckily my thai lady got the whereabouts from a helpful lady at sugar hut, unluckily for me and all you guys is she wouldnt explain where in north pattaya but will take me monday lol.

Looking on the web the consul is still at sugar hut or on the left of the provincial court entrance.

Do not be fooled by this as it is untrue trust me.

Also today at immo i did 90 day report and the good news is from now on in they not require copies of passport/address

because they computerised and the 90 day slip is barcoded welcome to the 20th century thailand.

Ok guys this seemingly published 1 hour ago.The Swedish Honorary Consulate in Pattaya is located at the Dusit Thani Hotel, 240/2 Moo 5, Pattaya Beach Road, Banglamung, Chonburi 20150. Phone: 038-42 4613, 02-263 72 99 hope this is correct