Austrian Consulate Pattaya provide ‘Verification of Income ‘letter

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incorrect attended austrian consul pattaya today, "I understand you do verification of income letter for brits " reply "Cannot do go british embassy bangkok". wham bam next please.

Same applies to swedish consul but their words were will not do for income out of sweden lol.

Nice one thornie you have to go there or contact them to get a refusal.

So dont get fooled guys and save a wasted journey.

Edited by Brit_Doggie

My understanding is that an EU country can witness documents

and verifications for all EU countries if it wishes to do so.

Most will only do this for their own citizens.

This would suppose that these people are able to understand the language and the content of "foreign" documents.

Very unlikely that the Austrian Consulate can recognize official documents accepted by each of EU countries.

Edited by Pattaya46

This was tested on 09/7/2014 i being a brit jaunted along to swedish/austrian consuls.within pattaya.

This is the resulting outcome.

Swedish WIll not do for income outside of sweden.

Austrian Cannot do.

Seems like the only option available is via embassy in bkk,whether it be post/in person/or use of agent.

Sorry to be the messenger of bad news for us brits.

• Like 1

My understanding is that an EU country can witness documents and verifications for all EU countries if it wishes to do so. Most will only do this for their own citizens.

There is a EU regulation on that, but it sounds a little bit different. The regulation is that if you are in a country where your own country is not represented, you can use any other of the consulates/embassies that do have representation in that country for consular assistance.

• Like 1

My understanding is that an EU country can witness documents and verifications for all EU countries if it wishes to do so. Most will only do this for their own citizens.

There is a EU regulation on that, but it sounds a little bit different. The regulation is that if you are in a country where your own country is not represented, you can use any other of the consulates/embassies that do have representation in that country for consular assistance.

That is probably what I was thinking of.

the Austrian/German consulate in Pattaya is a "combined setup" to provide consular services to any Austrian or German citizen, i.e. the Austrian consul is empowered to "handle" Germans and vice versa.

This thread is months and months old and not one person has said "I am from Finland and I got an income verification from the Austrian Consul and used it successfully to extend my visa."

I just can't believe they would do it.

Please prove me wrong... anybody.

'nuff said

~

That's possibly because you are not reading all the answers here, i can see several confirmations....just try to read, it helps, sometime.

the Austrian/German consulate in Pattaya is a "combined setup" to provide consular services to any Austrian or German citizen, i.e. the Austrian consul is empowered to "handle" Germans and vice versa.

As long as you are from the EU, it should be okay, otherways i don't see how other non german speakers have been able to get what they need there.....