Grandson of Red Bull what was the outcome ?

robertthebruce

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like he will not return until the statute of limitations has expired. He may of course be in and out of Thailand "incognito".

No attempt at extradition. Shows the state of law enforcement, justice and respect for law that exists in Thailand.

Interesting that these days the international press aren't interested either. The power of a major brand and enormous wealth.

I.m afraid you are "right on the money" the family spends too much money around the world for the media to take it on and report the case.

What is their slogan, "Red Bull Gives You Wings To Fly." and this (oops thought I had best change what I called him, lets say) this Fine Upstanding Young Gentleman, seems to have Flown out of town.

Edited by Torrens54

I wonder if this family is among the elite who wants to get rid of Thaksin because he skipped town to avoid jail.

THIS family ARE the Elite ... and so ARE the THAKSIN CLAN ...... You clown !! cheesy.gif

So this is why so many of his brethren (or the paid help - wouldn't want water cannon to mess the quaff) are marching in the streets to bring down the democratically elected gov't of Thaksin's sister?

Last thing I heard, he was in Singapore for treatment of influenza he contracted during a business trip (because you know, if you catch a flu, it makes complete sense to fly first class to Singapore for 'treatment'). That, and he attended the F1 race there. Maybe he's still recuperating from the sniffles down there. whistling.gif

Looks like he will not return until the statute of limitations has expired. He may of course be in and out of Thailand "incognito".

No attempt at extradition. Shows the state of law enforcement, justice and respect for law that exists in Thailand.

Interesting that these days the international press aren't interested either. The power of a major brand and enormous wealth.

Is there a statue of limitations on his crime. do they have an extradition treaty with Singapore. I believe that is where he is at. They obviousley don't have one with Dubai or Hong Kong.

Even if they did are they not limited to certain crimes. A death is a serious thing but this is still a traffic violation.

Why would the international press bee interested in it. there are far more interesting things in the world than months old news.

I'm surprised nothing tragic happened to him. Police anywhere don't take kindly to one of their brethren being killed or even hurt, admittedly, it was an accident, but still should not have happened.

Do you live in Thailand?

When have you even seen a Thai police office pull over an expensive car, simple they don't they are scared of the wealthy people.

The police were so angry at this that an officer went straight round to his family home not to arreast him but rather figure out a way of getting him off the hook.

I mean this should have been a pretty simple case but the set backs keep coming.

I'm surprised nothing tragic happened to him. Police anywhere don't take kindly to one of their brethren being killed or even hurt, admittedly, it was an accident, but still should not have happened.

There is no Thin Brown Line in Thailand

This is Thailand, here cops look at other cops as competition, not brothers in arms

Do you live in Thailand?

When have you even seen a Thai police office pull over an expensive car, simple they don't they are scared of the wealthy people.

The police were so angry at this that an officer went straight round to his family home not to arreast him but rather figure out a way of getting him off the hook.

I mean this should have been a pretty simple case but the set backs keep coming.

I actually saw a Ferrari pulled over once. I assumed he either had to be a very brave/stupid cop, or friends with the driver.

Maybe it isn't so obvious to some but like many things in Thailand such as democracy and relationships, the Thai police are different.

He's likely bribed a few people to slip back into the country incognito, back livin' the high life again.

Whatever happened to the Honda girl (killed/injured a van full of people whilst texting) and the Mercedes rich kid (lost his temper and ploughed into passengers waiting at a bus stop) ?

He's likely bribed a few people to slip back into the country incognito, back livin' the high life again.

Whatever happened to the Honda girl (killed/injured a van full of people whilst texting) and the Mercedes rich kid (lost his temper and ploughed into passengers waiting at a bus stop) ?

In response to the first part, I assume he's back home, after passing through immigration, passport in hand.

To answer the follow up question, The "Honda girl" got off with probation, while it was determined that the "Mercedes rick kid" has a disorder that causes him to "lose control while under stress". He was cut free.

I may be wrong, but I thought he had only been charged with speeding. The statute of limitations on that expires after one year and that deadline passed while he was in Singapore receiving medical treatment.

The family of the deceased were paid off as is normal. Cash in hand is more helpful to them than an improbable attempt to get justice.

So as far as I know, he has no outstanding warrants on him and can carry on as usual.