How many lined up this morning?

thailiketoo

I did just like my Thai wife did this morning. Ate breakfast then had a shower. She went off to friends, while another friend brought an Aussie to chat with me. He set of from Sheffield to Sydney on March 31st 2012.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a Christian Church near me, I don't think Buddhist folk go out of their way to put anything on the plate there.....................coffee1.gif

Why would they? 96% Buddhist and you don't much care for Thai people do you? See what is nice about this thread is one can identify all the people who have or will have problems in Thailand.

You, the tiny little minority, expect the overwhelming majority to pay attention to you. It's funny. When in the country of squint eyed people best squint (old Thai proverb).

My ''care'' for Thai folk has nothing to do with their religious thoughts, same as Thai Buddhists have nooooooooooooooooo interaction religion wise with Thai Muslims........rolleyes.gif .....................coffee1.gif ...............gawd................facepalm.gif

You are missing the point that Buddhism in many instances has nothing to do with religion. It is a part of Thai culture. Google Buddhist holidays. You are in Thailand but don't celebrate Buddhist holidays? Odd. ... coffee1.gif ...blink.png.... wai2.gif

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 1

I have a Christian Church near me, I don't think Buddhist folk go out of their way to put anything on the plate there.....................coffee1.gif

Why would they? 96% Buddhist and you don't much care for Thai people do you? See what is nice about this thread is one can identify all the people who have or will have problems in Thailand.

You, the tiny little minority, expect the overwhelming majority to pay attention to you. It's funny. When in the country of squint eyed people best squint (old Thai proverb).

My ''care'' for Thai folk has nothing to do with their religious thoughts, same as Thai Buddhists have nooooooooooooooooo interaction religion wise with Thai Muslims........rolleyes.gif .....................coffee1.gif ...............gawd................facepalm.gif

You are missing the point that Buddhism in many instances has nothing to do with religion. It is a part of Thai culture. Google Buddhist holidays. You are in Thailand but don't celebrate Buddhist holidays? Odd. ... coffee1.gif ...blink.png.... wai2.gif

Christianity is part of my culture, do Thai folk go to Church in my country ? smile.png

My wife is a Buddhist and always refers to a God. Strange that eh...rolleyes.gif

Let me get this straight: your OP is basically saying "look at me- Thais love me now and you are all beneath me"...and you say, I am flaming, if I tell you that I don't care?

You know nothing about me, how I live or integrate, which festivals or cultural activities I join...but you judge me (and others) because you want to be Thaier than Thai?

Dude...seriously....crazy.gif

No my OP says today is an important day in Thailand. If you live here and want to get along and not have a bunch of emotional, physical and mental problems it would be wise to learn something about Thai culture and what the Thai people find important or you will be left with the useless baggage and rumors of the bar stool boys who think Farang is a dirty word and Thai people are always out to rip you off.

It is obvious you have little information about Thai culture and if you want to live here it would be wise to educate yourself. If not OK, Pearls to swine comes to my mind.

I gave you some really good information. If you choose to ignore it. UP to You. Tomorrow will be a better day for me as I know more people and have a better relationship with more people than I had today.

What a load of tosh. laugh.png

Isn't it strange I have a lot of Thai friends that know nothing about Christianity and I don't care and nor do they, but we.....intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

• Like 1

Bully for you for getting up & lining up.

But why the need to come on TV crowing about it?

Because it is one small reason out of many that there is so much hate and problems and storm and stress on this Forum.

If you live in a foreign place you would be wise to learn what the natives think about life and how they act and to try and get along with their customs.

If your wife got up this morning and went out without you, you missed something. It is Fathers Day today. It is a family day. Folks get dressed up and are there when the monks come by early in the morning. Monks don't eat after noon.

• Like 1

What a load of tosh. laugh.png

Isn't it strange I have a lot of Thai friends that know nothing about Christianity and I don't care and nor do they, but we.....intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

The thread is not about religion. It is about Thai culture on this very important Father's day. Most Thais today got dressed up and lined up and said hi to the Mayor and all the big wheels in town and also gave food to the local Wats. You missed it.

• Like 2

You are a fantastic and admirable human being, a beacon of virtue and you of course morally way, way above me.

Please accept my apology for my audacity to even answer to your OP.

We are all beneath you and it is an honor to have you here on Thai Visa and we all are grateful that you shine such a bright light on us.

In the hours to come, you will face a sh1tstorm from those, telling you that you are full of it!

If would give a hoot about you or any religion, I would pray for your strength to get through it, but istead I will just go on with my imperfect life!

96% of Thailand is culturally Buddhist. It's not about religion. It is about Thai culture. You are opposed to Thai culture. Today is a Thai tradition. If you didn't go you missed it. Loy Krathong and Son Kran are also Thai traditions. You are not well acquainted with Thai culture which is bound to make your life in Thailand more difficult and less happy.

You don't know the importance Thais place on Today because you don't respect the culture. OK. Up to you.

I live in Thailand. I like Thailand. A big part of that is understanding Thai traditions and respecting them.

Today was an opportunity for any Farang to do a little bit to impress the Thai community we are not as bad as the press leads them to believe.

The family in the next house, mowed the grass, watered the plants and are now are having a barbecue, with drinks......all Thai. This morning I took my truck to a garage, where Miley Cyrus was blasting out, with drinks ....all Thai.

I prefer to treat this day with reverence. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

Because it is one small reason out of many that there is so much hate and problems and storm and stress on this Forum.

If you live in a foreign place you would be wise to learn what the natives think about life and how they act and to try and get along with their customs.

If your wife got up this morning and went out without you, you missed something. It is Fathers Day today. It is a family day. Folks get dressed up and are there when the monks come by early in the morning. Monks don't eat after noon.

Think you are lost in your own stuff. Tonight I will don my Tourist Police shirt and pay my respects to the monarch. You are confusing what folk do and what you want folk to do and use the word HATE if YOU are not happy. Stupid or what. Their is a religion of which some use the hate word to kill the innocent. Sit back and think a bit eh.

Get a life and look beyond your small mindedness.

PS. Did you support Remembrance Day ?.......I did.

Edited by transam
  • Like 2

Let me get this straight: your OP is basically saying "look at me- Thais love me now and you are all beneath me"...and you say, I am flaming, if I tell you that I don't care?

You know nothing about me, how I live or integrate, which festivals or cultural activities I join...but you judge me (and others) because you want to be Thaier than Thai?

No my OP says today is an important day in Thailand. If you live here and want to get along and not have a bunch of emotional, physical and mental problems it would be wise to learn something about Thai culture and what the Thai people find important or you will be left with the useless baggage and rumors of the bar stool boys who think Farang is a dirty word and Thai people are always out to rip you off.

It is obvious you have little information about Thai culture and if you want to live here it would be wise to educate yourself. If not OK, Pearls to swine comes to my mind.

I gave you some really good information. If you choose to ignore it. UP to You. Tomorrow will be a better day for me as I know more people and have a better relationship with more people than I had today.

Yep...you are full of it!

End of discussion...although, I guess, you will have to have the last word!coffee1.gif

• Like 2

I have been with my GF to the temple this morning and have strict orders to come home from work early today, as we are going out for a family dinner tonight. We do this every year.

The GF is home in front of the TV... as she always is, when it is The Kings birthday.

• Like 1

Yep...you are full of it!

End of discussion...although, I guess, you will have to have the last word!coffee1.gif

I can see his stamping of feet now...........laugh.png

Think you are lost in your own stuff. Tonight I will don my Tourist Police shirt and pay my respects to the monarch. You are confusing what folk do and what you want folk to do and use the word HATE if YOU are not happy. Stupid or what. Their is a religion of which some use the hate word to kill the innocent. Sit back and think a bit eh.

Get a life and look beyond your small mindedness.

PS. Did you support Remembrance Day ?.......I did.

I doubt you know what AVG stands for but some of us remember. The photo is from the cemetery in Chiang Mai.

post-187908-0-57900500-1386227961_thumb.

You have not answered any of my points...............rolleyes.gif ............You have a ''one way'' mindset, sadly.

I thought I did but shoot again and I'll try harder. Remembrance day. Sure I go every year to the monument in the cemetery in Chiang Mai that honors American war dead WWII. What else did you want to know?

Edited by thailiketoo

You have not answered any of my points...............rolleyes.gif ............You have a ''one way'' mindset, sadly.

I thought I did but shoot again and I'll try harder. Remembrance day. Sure I go every year to the monument in the cemetery in Chiang Mai that honors American war dead WWII. What else did you want to know?

Read my posts again and then come back here...........thumbsup.gif

If you want to discuss your wife's view of Buddhism try, " http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/521231-can-a-buddhist-believe-in-god/

Or further comparisons to Christianity are useless because I didn't go to the wat. It was a Thai community event not a religious event. Thais happen to be 96% culturally Buddhist so one can't do much without some Buddhist involvement. But if you knew anything about Thailand you would know that. If you think you asked me anything else you can ask away because I don't think you did. Flaming me will not erase your absence of knowledge of cultural events in Thailand.

Oh great and wise , all knowing OP, I am so pleased you were able to grace the Monks with your presence today.

Pray tell do they love to argue for the sake of it as you do ? Insist on being right to the exclusion of all else. Or did you find just mere mortals and unworthy combatants and therefore had to retreat hastily to the TV forum to exert your prowess once more and feel fulfilled again.

I have noticed monks debate and not flame. If you see anything you disagree with that I have posted feel free to discuss it. I assume your flame replaces legitimate disagreement.

If you want to discuss your wife's view of Buddhism try, " http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/521231-can-a-buddhist-believe-in-god/

Or further comparisons to Christianity are useless because I didn't go to the wat. It was a Thai community event not a religious event. Thais happen to be 96% culturally Buddhist so one can't do much without some Buddhist involvement. But if you knew anything about Thailand you would know that. If you think you asked me anything else you can ask away because I don't think you did. Flaming me will not erase your absence of knowledge of cultural events in Thailand.

Nooooooooooo flame, just questions. If you want to move the goal posts to make me look ''not cool'', up to you. Go back and read my posts.

OR, do Thai folk in farangland get involved with farangland religion/beliefs.......?

The problem that I have is that the OP equates this one event of titheing early in the morning with the amount of respect that people have for Thailand. That is erroneous.

My wife took her mother to the temple to donate some things. My wife isn't Buddhist but her mother is. We appreciate mom's belief and always bring her when she wants to go, but it is not our custom or faith. My daughter and I stayed with Grandpa and had a nice time.

Is my father in law less respectful to Thai culture because he doesn't go give offerings to the temple on Father's day?

Titheing to monks is both cultural and religious. The OP seems to think that someone can actually remove the religion from the culture. Not possible. Thai Muslims are no less Thai and have their own cultural practices around religious and national holidays. The OP seems not concerned with addressing this issue but just accusing everyone who didn't do what he did to be less connected with Thailand.

The only thing that I agree with the OP is that the more you respect for Thai culture, Thai practices, and building relationships with your community, the easier it will be for your life.

My connection with people is usually from food. Just because I don't practice their religious practices doesn't mean I don't respect them.

It is Thai culture to get hammered at festivals, weddings, funerals etc. am I less respectful because I don't drink alcohol?

You seem to have a breakdown in your logic and cognitive abilities. You are equating one thing with another and assuming that all others especially on this forum have a lack of respect for Thais or less than you.

as for the you lose comment. Just because you win doesn't mean that anyone else has to lose, but again that shows your breakdown in cognitive practices.

You are trolling, and it is funny that you accuse others as flaming you, since that is exactly what you are trying to get them to do.

I have noticed people who can't debate use the troll card a lot. There was a whole thread about it a while back.

93% of Thailand are practicing Buddhists and 96% cultural Buddhists. That statement negates most of your post.

There were 200 plus people at my wedding and 24 bottles of beer and 2 bottles of whiskey. No one got drunk.

You lose was in response to a yelling flame,

YOU WIN!!!!!!

You lose. Didn't have to shout. I know.

Oh great and wise , all knowing OP, I am so pleased you were able to grace the Monks with your presence today.

Pray tell do they love to argue for the sake of it as you do ? Insist on being right to the exclusion of all else. Or did you find just mere mortals and unworthy combatants and therefore had to retreat hastily to the TV forum to exert your prowess once more and feel fulfilled again.

I have noticed monks debate and not flame. If you see anything you disagree with that I have posted feel free to discuss it. I assume your flame replaces legitimate disagreement.

Disagreement ? Oh dear no, I would not dare, I know full well that when you want anyones opinion you will give it to them.

Its quite clear the only possible and correct view on any subject can be yours, everything else is just wrong and nonsense, you have taught us so well to know and acknowledge our inferiority to such a seasoned verbalist.

• Like 2