Seeking potential catamaran partner

Tmymaimee

I would really like to buy a catamaran sail boat in the next year or so, however when I think of the depreciation and opportunity costs, it just seems too much money (6000 baht / day). Not sure if this is the right section to post this, but I would be interested in seeing if another Pattaya resident wanted to go partners in something like this.

I can't think of a nicer way to spend the time then sailing around the islands for a few days and just pm me if you might be interested please.

Thanks...

Sorry, I meant only a partner to share expenses, not necessarily to go out together but appreciate your input. I can buy it today; its just the ongoing costs that I would like to defray somewhat. Maybe my first post wasn't clear enough for you if English is not your native tongue.

Sorry, I meant only a partner to share expenses, not necessarily to go out together but appreciate your input. I can buy it today; its just the ongoing costs that I would like to defray somewhat. Maybe my first post wasn't clear enough for you if English is not your native tongue.

It would help since you seem to have located what you want that you indicate how much 50 percent costs and what the monthly expenses are expected to be.

Maybe $400K USD for 50% and monthly costs of $1000 for docking / maintenance (not including depreciation of course. That would buy you a 50 foot Catamaran 3 - 4 years old.

It its too hot and humid for you to do anything, why the hell did you ever move here? You don't sound happy in your life at all; hopefully you don't infect your children with the same attitude being such a miserable prick.

I love itin fact, today at home is 25 mph winds, heavy snow and 10F.

Nobody told me Thailand was in the tropics...and besides, there's heat/humidity and then there's Thai heat and humidity...you know that indescribable odor one used to smell when exiting the arrival twminal at the old Don Muang airport (especially at nite) with its putrid mixture of fine particulates, the smoke and smells from the food vendors, mixed in again with the small of sewage and garbage that's everywhere, and the diesel fumes of a million busses, trucks, and cars producing a rally noxious and malodorous brew. So on second thought, getting out on the water and away from all this might be nice...except that's where all the untreated city sewage, agricultural runoff, petrochemical and industrial waste from rayong, and shipping sewage, garbage and bilge water ends up.

As for the kids, not much chance of that unless ladyboys can get pregnant...but strange things can happen in Thailand so one never knows.

And as for that snow, could you FedEx me 50 kilos or so for my Christmas snowman.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

It does not pencil, put $400k to work in safe investment earning 1% per month nets you $4,000 + $1,000 maintenance means it is costing you $5,000 (B75,000) per month in lost earnings, if it can be rented for B6,000 per day if you rented it 15 days a month it would cost you B75.000 to rent, no headaches, maintenance or depreciation, walk away any time, no need to find someone to buy your share, no it does not pencil out. Good luck.

• Like 2

I removed some rude posts along with some associated replies. Apologies to the members with the appropriate replies.

OP: Start showing some respect to our members. Which by the way is the #1 rule on our forum. The rules are posted at the top, I suggest you read them.

If this continues to go downhill, I'll just close this thread.