Chang Beer Alcohol Content Reduced

Ron19

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure this will make any difference, Chang were well known for their quality issues not sure if it ever improved as I stopped drinking it. Too many occasions drank 5 or 6 of what I thought was the light 4% only to find out it had to filled with the Classic 6.4% . Did not happen every time but it did happen.

Anyone know of this ??? .

Might start drinking It again, now they've reduced the quality and the strength ,, the other stufff was way to strong for me.

Used to get into all sorts of trouble,, falling over,, not knowing what day of the week It was,,and even got to the stage where I was eyeing up Lady boys. biggrin.png

is there something wrong with us taffs? i had to stop drinking classic i used to get awfull cramp in bed and the wife always asked for money after a few bottles.now i know why she ordered me 5cases of john kepplars cider 6%.

now its the export,i bought 2cases last sunday still 640ml.

Thai beer is rubbish anyway, beer Lao is the best followed by Red Horse, red hoss is 6.9% still but the price has jumped a lot due to the 'tax' increase.

Leo. Really? I can drink it when its really cold but sometimes it has a slight popcorn taste/ or that tea they give you in MK restaurants.

I noticed the 0.4 percent alcohol drop but didnt notice the 10ml drop. Very sly!

Thai beer is rubbish anyway, beer Lao is the best followed by Red Horse, red hoss is 6.9% still but the price has jumped a lot due to the 'tax' increase.

Red Horse beer is drinkable but it is not Thai,brewed by San Miguel in the Phlips.

Nasty hangover tackle though,the good thing with drinking Chang is after 3 bottles you don't care anyway biggrin.png

Red Horse beer is drinkable but it is not Thai,brewed by San Miguel in the Phlips.

Nasty hangover tackle though,the good thing with drinking Chang is after 3 bottles you don't care anyway biggrin.png

That's why I included red horse after I said Thai beer is rubbish, why is thai beer so poor?

Related to this topic, the lady who runs the bar in a local shopping center told me that Singha beer in large (640ml) bottles is being phased out in favour of the new 500ml bottles. Notice that the local 7-11's no longer stock the 640ml bottles so it could be true. A double pack of the 640ml Singha was 120 baht but the new 500ml double pack is 108 baht making it more expensive per litre.

I have been coming to Thailand for 22 years and living here for 6 years now and have never seen Beer Lao.Is it sold all over Thailand and if so where.Have spent some time in Navanakon and now in Uttaradit area,would like to try it.

Related to this topic, the lady who runs the bar in a local shopping center told me that Singha beer in large (640ml) bottles is being phased out in favour of the new 500ml bottles. Notice that the local 7-11's no longer stock the 640ml bottles so it could be true. A double pack of the 640ml Singha was 120 baht but the new 500ml double pack is 108 baht making it more expensive per litre.

That's the only reason they make the bottles smaller, because they can catch a premium without being too obvious.

Even mineral water is hard to find in big bottles these days, even at Makro

ThaiBev may be trying to adjust the final unit price as the recent increase in alcohol tax was based on both % and volume. By lowering both they've been able to adjust or control the overall increase in price of a big bottle of Chang Classic, and keep it on par with other big bottles, like Singha which is 5%. Also believe the recent alcohol tax increase was to be stepped or gradual over time up to the max. of 2,000 baht per liter of alcohol content. But confess I haven't paid a lot of attention to this issue.

I always thought that Singha was 6.4%.

Most of the other large bottles were already 630 so perhaps this is what was being brought in line.

Must be the poor quality stored rice they are feeding the walking Chang factories is causing a drop in quality and volume of their urine output.

I thought you were going say feeding the walking dead!

They are the consequences of drinking the output of the walking Chang factories.smile.png

Might start drinking It again, now they've reduced the quality and the strength ,, the other stufff was way to strong for me.

Used to get into all sorts of trouble,, falling over,, not knowing what day of the week It was,,and even got to the stage where I was eyeing up Lady boys. biggrin.png

is there something wrong with us taffs? i had to stop drinking classic i used to get awfull cramp in bed and the wife always asked for money after a few bottles.now i know why she ordered me 5cases of john kepplars cider 6%.

john kepplars cider,,, In Thailand ??

Please tell me Its true smile.png

some get drunk even if they drink a non alcoholic beer and if they believe the beer has alcohol :-D by the way alcohol kills million people yearly wordwide but is a legal and cheap drug in almost all countrys in the world.apart is a very strong poison. but marihuana and canabis are prohited :-D ok at least uruguay have now marihuana legalized. a very big toast to this country :-D

Edited by benny1616

Archa has not downsized and is still 45 bahtski at 5.4% for 640mls god save the mama and papa shops.

Not a bad beer but if you are putting ice in it also then they all are watered down anyway when drinking.

I will stick to snorting whisky thumbsup.gif and my 5 baht rollies.

Just came back from Tesco , Singha and Leo are also now using the smaller 630 bottles.

they are and its cheaper,,, the GF thought she was saving money came back all excited until I pointed out the smaller bottle. She was not impressed

Large ones still available

Used to get into all sorts of trouble,, falling over,, not knowing what day of the week It was,,and even got to the stage where I was eyeing up Lady boys. biggrin.png alt=biggrin.png pagespeed_url_hash=14303579>

john kepplars cider,,, In Thailand ??

Please tell me Its true smile.png

Magners (Bulmers to you Irish) available in Macro, expensive though over 200 a bottle ....