Abhisit to lead protest march from Silom road

webfact

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 'Democrats' are going to have to think up a new name for their party. Something a bit pithier, but generally conveying the sense of...

The Democracy when it suits us Party, the Selective Democracy party, Democracy for the Elite Party, the Benevolent Dictatorship Party....

You get my drift...

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Can't you red misted idiots see that the Dems have been forced to take to the streets by the actions of the Shin regime ? The Dems tried to talk it through in parliament in a democratic way, PT ignored them, PT brought police into parliament to remove them, PT lied and cheated, got proxy voters to use others votes, tried to force the Dems to approve the amnesty rubbish by putting the bogus murder wraps on Abhisit and Suthep, secretly changed at the last moment and tried to ram legislation through in secret without telling anyone about it AND WORST of all tried to put the king between them and the Dems by rushing their secret rushed bill for royal approval and claiming the Dems were opposing the king by opposing the bill ! How much lower could they possibly sink ?! PT have flouted almost every law in the book, they do not believe in the rule of law, they think they are above the law and can do whatever is in the favour of big brother fugitive on the run...When you are fighting against the lawless, taking to the streets is the only way to do it and it is truly MIRACULOUS that it has been as peaceful as it has. The red shirts only left because they killed first which looked bad for the government and they were outnumbered and had the kill ratio at 3 : 1 against them which boded badly for their violent actions. This corrupt government of crooks backed by their violent mob private militia is no way for a civilised country. They must be removed. ''When injustice becomes law, revolution becomes duty.'' We have come perilously close to this, let's hope it will end here....

Please don't post anything about the royal family.

Many readers like me, feel uneasy reading it.

Thanks.

Thanks DocN I am almost sure (as sure as a farang can be living here lol) that the opposition are in the streets not so much as negate an election but rather stop the Shinawhat's graft and cronyism and most of all the lack of proper debate in the house. Yes no different in matured democracy's but this is not a mature democracy.

I believe the message being sent is more like we want to change the entire BS of Thai politics which may mean starting at square one. Thailand has got to try something new before 2015 or else this country will be playing catch up to the rest of the Aean communtiy

Just to get that straight: there was an election here in 2010, as fair an election as Thailand ever will have one (which of course means: not fair at all, vote buying on either side, corruption running wild etc.) and parts of those who are now complaining, shot themselves in the foot with their brilliant "no vote"- strategy.

Well it is nice to see all the pro red/Thaskin farangs finally making a showing.

What boggles the mind is that all you supporters of the corrupt come from real democracy's that would have put

the PTP to bed a long time ago. So could it be that you all are dabbing in heartless heart of no morality?

The outcome: one party more or less is the government, rules as they wish, fills their pockets, makes decissions mostly for their own...which simply every government since the stone-age has done...and all the (note: I am not saying "you"!) supporters of the opposition are now out in the streets and want to not only negate the outcome of that election, but are calling for a complete handover of power, to an un-elected government, to re-write the constitution and basically end all democracy, but at least "one man- one vote"...

From which country are you, where that is even slightly okay?

(Yes...I know! Thaksin= bad!)

• Like 1

The 'Democrats' are going to have to think up a new name for their party. Something a bit pithier, but generally conveying the sense of...

The Democracy when it suits us Party, the Selective Democracy party, Democracy for the Elite Party, the Benevolent Dictatorship Party....

You get my drift...

your drift in the ignorance of your posts

the mob out in force here on Silom - a very early start too - hopefully they will f@# off soon so the rest of us can get some work done! People's Committee - what a crock! Accept the result of the last election and do what political parties are supposed to do. Re-group - develop a policy platform and work out a way you can change the lives of ordinary people - and then they might vote for you. The Democart Party. What a misnoma!

I think people would have agreed to do what you ask.

HOWEVER, there are a couple of things that have to be remembered and or asked.

1. name me any country that is ruled by a person in exile efficiently.

2. If the PTP had of stayed with the idea of at least looking like they were going to help Thais then the people would not be so angry. Tell me how bringing back Thaksin puts more food on the table, or money in the average thai house.

3. the Constitution battle was a waste of time and energy.

4. The Rice scheme has been horrendous.

5. The PTP shot themselves in the foot. Anyone on the street could have told you that any attempt to bring back Thaksin was going to cause what has happened.

6. yelling at the country that the Dems are not abiding by the law then when the constitution court sits n a few of their bills they make threats then say that the court is o good and they are going to go ahead of what they want is ridiculous.

The PTP thought that it was all powerful and above the law. most of the things they hve done on thier own are not that bright but not that bad that they could not wait.

Bringing back Thaksin or making it look like they were bringing back Thaksinism along with thumbing their nose at the courts were things that could not wait. Thaksin did not listen to the pulse of the people there is and was no way short of him giving himself up to police to stand a fair trial that he is coming back into this country. I think they would riot if the family even mentioned bringing back his dead body for a funeral.

I agree that under a normal system that elections should be the answer. however, as i have come to learn there is nothing normal about thai politics.

The usual nonsense post from the PTP supporters that are devoid of any real information and a waste of key strokes. At least the leaders of the Dems. are here live and in person leading there ground troops in protest. Much different from the boy from Dubai a real General Patton (not) leading from his suite in Dubai.

• Like 1

The usual nonsense post from the PTP supporters that are devoid of any real information and a waste of key strokes. At least the leaders of the Dems. are here live and in person leading there ground troops in protest. Much different from the boy from Dubai a real General Patton (not) leading from his suite in Dubai.

very true .In 2010 the PTP red leadership were dictating the violent protests from a safe bunker. Edited by kingalfred

I don't understand what's this protest for.

Do this people realized that it will be new elections soon and that PM is dissolving the government?

Yep. And that's what they are scared of. The Democrats can't win elections. They haven't won one in over 20 years. Elections means that they will lose. They want a power grab without elections.

• Like 2

Do this people realized that it will be new elections soon and that PM is dissolving the government?

It's not about dissolving a rubber stamped government... It's about getting rid of Thaksin. Where have you been for the last ten years?

You get my drift...

I see you drifting by in a sea of Red. Hope you have a yellow life jacket.

At least the leaders of the Dems. are here live and in person leading there ground troops in protest.

All very romantic im sure, now what about the important things like policy and a legal democratic voting system and roadmap ? not too hot on the details and important stuff methinks

• Like 1

You get my drift...

your drift in the ignorance of your posts

Plenty of people have written things along the lines of 'as political systems go, democracy is the best of a bad lot'. Implicit in most people's concept of democracy is universal suffrage, ie no exclusions. If the Dems want a truly democratic system they would be pleased with dissolution of parliament and look forward to convincing the people at a general election - all the people - of the benefits a Democrat government would bring compared to PT.

They and the elites know that this would be difficult - so they have taken the rather cowardly route of a back door putsch.

That in my view is a party whose representatives no longer deserve to call themselves 'Democrats'.

And that's coming from someone who would be delighted when the Thaksin clan no longer have a voice in Thai politics.

Has anyone noticed that no one has been shot today? Why is it that they only time people get shot or hurt is when the Red Shirts are around.....

Really? Thais only kill themselves at night. I will come back to this post tomorrow at the same time and I'm sure we'll have a different count.

They are now just protesting by walking. How are they offended other common people? If they are hurt, who do you think first the group of people will target them at this timing?

Well it is nice to see all the pro red/Thaskin farangs finally making a showing.

What boggles the mind is that all you supporters of the corrupt come from real democracy's that would have put

the PTP to bed a long time ago. So could it be that you all are dabbing in heartless heart of no morality?

Just to get that straight: there was an election here in 2010, as fair an election as Thailand ever will have one (which of course means: not fair at all, vote buying on either side, corruption running wild etc.) and parts of those who are now complaining, shot themselves in the foot with their brilliant "no vote"- strategy.

The outcome: one party more or less is the government, rules as they wish, fills their pockets, makes decissions mostly for their own...which simply every government since the stone-age has done...and all the (note: I am not saying "you"!) supporters of the opposition are now out in the streets and want to not only negate the outcome of that election, but are calling for a complete handover of power, to an un-elected government, to re-write the constitution and basically end all democracy, but at least "one man- one vote"...

You seem to be missing something. The REASON people are protesting. Because of this shame, probably illegal amnesty bill that the current government tried to push through. This was the spark of the protests, where the people said, ok we've accepted all the crap decisions you've made, rice pledging scheme and all, put the country into billiions of debt to fill your pockets, but this is the last straw.

If this happened in any other country, I'd bet there would be outrage as well. Trying to pass amnesty to convicted (not suspected) criminals and the biggest one at that. So it's all nice to say, accept what has happened. But being in power does not give a government the right to do as they wish. They are supposed to represent the people and for the last 2 years, they have worked with one main goal in mind................and people now see that.

People start to realise even with voting for new election, most highly will lose again to PTP. Their corrupted supporters are too many. And many underhand methods may be going inside the government and maybe even in the declaring voters vote process. Hence, they will not choose the election process. It will never eliminate the TS regime. Right now, many people are forced with no alternatives but just heads on with the current government and demand a people council, hoping to have a new group of representatives to wipe out the TS regime. Now it;s like the cowboy style 1 to 1 fight. You 1 gun, I one gun. Either you die or I down. No stepping back. Some people will feel no matter who incharge, corruption is still ongoing. But people know right now the most evil one needs to clear out. No change, confirm die. Try to change, there are hopes for the nation.

Personally,i feel if Suthep is taking care back of the nation. He will be very cautious not to be the same steps as TS and more sensible dedicating his work for the nation. He knows the people will do the same to him like TS after this time a deeply large protest if he ends up be an other corrupted @sshole.

Can we please bring back General Prem Tinsulanonda, just prop him up in a chair, blow off the cobwebs, dust him down, a bit of lick and polish. Play some old Jazz music on all tv and radio stations, broken only by some army broadcast to stay calm.

Can we please get the Thai people to forget about "playing" politics, please, its not going to work.

Please just let the experts run the country, it worked before it'll work again.

http://en.wikipedia....em_Tinsulanonda

General Prem is not a solution for Thai diversion. In Korea he lost both ba... in a grenade explosion. He and Thaksin will never get along.

"Thaksin will never get along"

That's the point he would get rid of the scourge.

Yep. And that's what they are scared of. The Democrats can't win elections. They haven't won one in over 20 years. Elections means that they will lose. They want a power grab without elections.

And there's a good reason for this. As I said before...when more than 50% of the population is uneducated, it's very hard for them to see further than how much money is in my pocket, or to see the complexity of politics, promises and lies and thus choose which party will benefit Thailand and thus them (in the long term). Populace policies will ALWAYS win elections (they do even in the west), but that doesn't mean the governments that promise them are good for the country nor the people. As can be seem by the current government. Failed policy after policy. Maybe they deserve it in some karma way, but when people can't see the forest through the trees (ie the big picture) like most of the regional poor in Thailand, it means other's need to step up for them and the good of the country. Democracy only works when people are on a level playing field, in terms of the ability to make educated decisions. This is not Thailand.

As long as populist policies win, Thailand will go no where, because the people making them are only trying to line their own pockets. You only need to look at the qualifications/experience of most of the current governments bench to realise that most of them shouldn't even be there, ie they have no experience whatso ever in anything they are deciding on.

• Like 1

You seem to be missing something. The REASON people are protesting. Because of this shame, probably illegal amnesty bill that the current government tried to push through. This was the spark of the protests, where the people said, ok we've accepted all the crap decisions you've made, rice pledging scheme and all, put the country into billiions of debt to fill your pockets, but this is the last straw.

If this happened in any other country, I'd bet there would be outrage as well. Trying to pass amnesty to convicted (not suspected) criminals and the biggest one at that. So it's all nice to say, accept what has happened. But being in power does not give a government the right to do as they wish. They are supposed to represent the people and for the last 2 years, they have worked with one main goal in mind................and people now see that.

Nope- didn't miss it!

I just happen to think, that this is only one reason for what is going on.

If you break down this whole mess, it starts with a country, that is per se not fit for democracy.

You can not just step up one sunny day and tell a feudal, hierarchic country that from now on it is a democracy!

One part of democracy is equality- do you see any equality here?

There is no real education, there is no freedom of speech...democracy will never work ina society like the Thai society.

So...if you want to make it easy (which many here seem to do) blame Thaksin and the present government for the chaos.

But you are just fighting the symptom.

The disease still stays!

I said it before: If this government steps down, if you really get rid of Thaksin and we meet here again next year, it will all be there: the inequality, the corruption, the injustice...there will just be another name on the cover!

They are playing democracy- a system, they don't embrace, they don't want, a system, they don't even understand!

Can't you red misted idiots see that the Dems have been forced to take to the streets by the actions of the Shin regime ? The Dems tried to talk it through in parliament in a democratic way, PT ignored them, PT brought police into parliament to remove them, PT lied and cheated, got proxy voters to use others votes, tried to force the Dems to approve the amnesty rubbish by putting the bogus murder wraps on Abhisit and Suthep, secretly changed at the last moment and tried to ram legislation through in secret without telling anyone about it AND WORST of all tried to put the king between them and the Dems by rushing their secret rushed bill for royal approval and claiming the Dems were opposing the king by opposing the bill ! How much lower could they possibly sink ?! PT have flouted almost every law in the book, they do not believe in the rule of law, they think they are above the law and can do whatever is in the favour of big brother fugitive on the run...When you are fighting against the lawless, taking to the streets is the only way to do it and it is truly MIRACULOUS that it has been as peaceful as it has. The red shirts only left because they killed first which looked bad for the government and they were outnumbered and had the kill ratio at 3 : 1 against them which boded badly for their violent actions. This corrupt government of crooks backed by their violent mob private militia is no way for a civilised country. They must be removed. ''When injustice becomes law, revolution becomes duty.'' We have come perilously close to this, let's hope it will end here....

Please don't post anything about the royal family.

Many readers like me, feel uneasy reading it.

Thanks.

Just stating the facts. If you are uncomfortable with the truth then that is your problem....

• Like 1

Nope- didn't miss it!

I just happen to think, that this is only one reason for what is going on.

If you break down this whole mess, it starts with a country, that is per se not fit for democracy.

You can not just step up one sunny day and tell a feudal, hierarchic country that from now on it is a democracy!

One part of democracy is equality- do you see any equality here?

There is no real education, there is no freedom of speech...democracy will never work ina society like the Thai society.

So...if you want to make it easy (which many here seem to do) blame Thaksin and the present government for the chaos.

But you are just fighting the symptom.

The disease still stays!

I said it before: If this government steps down, if you really get rid of Thaksin and we meet here again next year, it will all be there: the inequality, the corruption, the injustice...there will just be another name on the cover!

They are playing democracy- a system, they don't embrace, they don't want, a system, they don't even understand!

Ahh looks like we are on the same page. Your original post seemed to be missing context. Never mind (maybe I misread it).

I agree with everything you said, democracy can't really exist here, not yet anyway. The education, gap in social classes and freedom of speech are all integral to becoming democratic and I can't see these 3 things changing anytime soon.

Thailand needs a government with vision, people who are qualified to lead a country and think about how to make Thailand grow in 5, 10, 20 years. Not this populist government that is going on now.

Guess we can hope for change. Maybe.

• Like 1

Well, he dont have any other choice... either the government fell, either it will jail time for the 2010 murder

or maybe he will just flee the country.

ps: wonder why he did choose silom area? isnt it the prostitute area?... ahhh i get it!

So many SILLY posts under this topic whistling.gif

This one is for sure in the Top 3... coffee1.gif

The Great Democratic People's Party of Thailand.

North Korea would be so proud of their new comrade.

and with their own secretary-general of the People’s Committee for Democratic Reform soon to be given the title of Dear Leader and Great Democrat

The Great Democratic People's Party of Thailand.

North Korea would be so proud of their new comrade.

and with their own secretary-general of the People’s Committee for Democratic Reform soon to be given the title of Dear Leader and Great Democrat

Terribly sorry to disappoint you, dear chap, but Ms. Yingluck has said that DL Thaksin will not return to politics in Thailand. No word yet on returning in other function or chains.