PM Yingluck Shinawatra says her family wants peace, not power

webfact

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How sweet!

Did she mention anything about looking after little children and saving the animals too?

No. Pity though. She could make merit by helping dogs and cats that were blinded and disabled by her tear gas and compensating the owners of pets that died.

Although I am a dog lover, please rethink this. All Shinawatra largesse is done with taxpayers' money

Think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....... Clearly she is not a very clever woman if she thinks

these baldfaced lies are going to fly very far. Or she thinks Thai people are stupid.....

Perhaps she thinks they are on average stupider than her. Wealth and privilege, even if acquired effortlessly through the family, as in her case, can give people the illusion that they are also smart.

If you search in Thai for "Ee Poo Ngoh", roughly translated as "Stupid Bitch Poo", you can find multiple references to Thai people's perception of her intellectual shortcomings.

Other excellent examples of people with an inflated opinion of themselves include the drunk DPM, propeller head and Mr White lies.

Well, Miss Caretaker Prime Minister, now let action follow your words and also announce that you are going to step down from the caretaker position and that you will not be available for the prime minister post in case your party wins the next election.

Oh, and please don't forget to also assure the public that no other person bearing a surname like Shinawatra, Damapong, Wongsawat, Na Pombejra, Tovichakchaikul, etc. etc. will ever, ever, ever again play any active role in Thai politics or hold any high government office - nor will their nominees or associates, including maids, gardeners, chauffeurs, pool boys, cooks, origami teachers, piano tutors, and so on.

And while we're at it, please send your big brother in Dubai a gag (available online at sado-masochist stores) as a Christmas present; actually better two, just in case one of them wears out too fast.

That is the price your family will have to pay for wanting "only peace and not power".

I watched Jonathan Head interviewing the light skinned thai chinese as the protestors marched past shouting out out.

Yes she and the Bangkok bourgeoisie want the Shiniwatras and their government driven out. Out of the country.

They want ORDER without the law as they aspire to be elites above the LAW!

So where does it end?

Drive out the Shiniwatra family? Their business associates? PTPs backers,The parliamentary leaders? The red shirt leaders? Intellectuals and academics?

How again will Thailand be able to hold elections when there can be any hint that Thaksin ,or anyone else following for that matter, have influence over the poor?

Clearly the PAD, Dems, Suthep etc will attempt to avoid any further elections for these reasons should they be victorious.

However look at Wikileaks the State department demanded elections within 1 year last time so the Merry-go-around will start again. Or worse.

Crocodile Tears ! From the lady who doth protest a little too much.

"We are just an innocent family who wants what's best for the country - fine if everyone else thinks a Shin clan dynastic dictatorship is what's best.

She's added to the wealth of comments that make her look stupid. By saying this, she is implying that her government is based on the opinions and views of her family, including the criminal fugitive brother.

Now parliament has been dissolved can she and her cousin be charged over the illegal passport issue?

• Like 1

Think I just threw up in my mouth a little bit....... Clearly she is not a very clever woman if she thinks

these baldfaced lies are going to fly very far. Or she thinks Thai people are stupid.....

You must be new.

Think about it look what the PTPredshirts did in 2010 and they still got elected.

perhaps the worse thing that could happen is open conflict to the point of UN involvement. that is what you definitely don't want. as has happened else where when the UN steps in they impose an alien constitution that bears no resemblances to the aspirations/values/cultures of either combatant. effectively making conflict of this sort useless in achieving any local aims. once that alien UN imposed constitution is in place you cant ever get rid of it.

you think corruption is endemic now? , just wait till the UN gets involved then you will really know what true unbridled corruption really isclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif pagespeed_url_hash=892957568 width=31 height=25> bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif alt=bah.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4274630315 width=19 height=19> w00t.gif.pagespeed.ce.fUUOmDCInI.gif alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591 width=18 height=20>

Why on earth would the UN get involved. Are you seeing a civil war and them sending in peace keepers. whistling.gif

What country did they come in and impose a constitution on?

there is a big difference between imposing a constitution on and imposing laws to control civil disturbances such as they had when Yugoslavia dissolved into civil war, Those countries all have their own constitutions.

PM Yingluck says her family wants peace, not power

Yet she is hanging onto power!

Resign from the caretaker government and leave politics. Otherwise your words have no meaning!

I have always loved a prime minister with a sense of humour, just as I remember another prime minister quoting from St. Francis of Assisi. "Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope" . Every time I see that quote I collapse in hysterical laughter.

Henceforth the "hillariously named" Democrats will never ever have any power in the North and North east in Thailand.

The majority of the people will oppose them

'Ello Parrot - someone take your hood off?

Either you know something I don't (so unlikely as to be a non-starter), OR this is an avian squawk of anger and despair!

You are all so unkind. How can you not believe this worthy, independently minded woman? I certainly have no doubts at all that she firmly and fully believes that we should believe what she says.

She doesn't care what a bunch of Farangs on an anonymous website think, nobody does.

• Like 1

perhaps the worse thing that could happen is open conflict to the point of UN involvement. that is what you definitely don't want. as has happened else where when the UN steps in they impose an alien constitution that bears no resemblances to the aspirations/values/cultures of either combatant. effectively making conflict of this sort useless in achieving any local aims. once that alien UN imposed constitution is in place you cant ever get rid of it.

you think corruption is endemic now? , just wait till the UN gets involved then you will really know what true unbridled corruption really isclap2.gifbah.gifw00t.gifsad.png

Pray tell why you think the UN would get envolved in Thailand.

you think corruption is endemic now? , just wait till the UN gets involved then you will really know what true unbridled corruption really isclap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif alt=clap2.gif pagespeed_url_hash=892957568 width=31 height=25> xbah.gif.pagespeed.ic.l9zPefr-9w.webp alt=bah.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4274630315 width=19 height=19> xw00t.gif.pagespeed.ic.Fk8xTuMtRw.webp alt=w00t.gif pagespeed_url_hash=1451809591 width=18 height=20> xsad.png.pagespeed.ic.gBNm0PzB6t.webp

Pray tell why you think the UN would get envolved in Thailand.

They might not get envolved, or involved for that matter...

PM Yingluck says her family wants peace, not power

Yet she is hanging onto power!

Resign from the caretaker government and leave politics. Otherwise your words have no meaning!

I have always loved a prime minister with a sense of humour, just as I remember another prime minister quoting from St. Francis of Assisi. "Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth. Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope" . Every time I see that quote I collapse in hysterical laughter.

If I remember rightly, the Poll Tax demo's make the events over the past couple weeks or so (here in Thailand) look like a tea party!

She definitely Thinks the Red Shirts will believe anything her brother tells her to say… Some people are not so smart… But the educated people can see though her lies and stories and can see who is pulling the strings…

"We are just an innocent family who wants what's best for the country - fine if everyone else thinks a Shin clan dynastic dictatorship is what's best.

She's added to the wealth of comments that make her look stupid. By saying this, she is implying that her government is based on the opinions and views of her family, including the criminal fugitive brother.

Now parliament has been dissolved can she and her cousin be charged over the illegal passport issue?

My thoughts exactly. Now that she is no longer a siting politician then that draconian law that protects MP's from arrest from any and all malfeasance, becomes null and void. For months on end she has wriggled and squirmed her way out of answering the questions put to her by the opposition as to exactly how Mr.T, a fugitive from justice came into possession of a new THAI passport during her tenure.!

My thoughts exactly. Now that she is no longer a siting politician then that draconian law that protects MP's from arrest from any and all malfeasance, becomes null and void. For months on end she has wriggled and squirmed her way out of answering the questions put to her by the opposition as to exactly how Mr.T, a fugitive from justice came into possession of a new THAI passport during her tenure.!

What's the status / position of people in the 'caretaker' government?

At some point they are... Let's face it; Who is so stupid to believe that this Suthep will be any better, is stupid. It's not about the country, it's all about the flow of the money. And Suthep wants a piece of the flow. Using moral ideas, but at the end it's the money that makes the world go round....

We all shout now that she is telling lies.... But what politician doesn't lie? They all do. Chuan Leekpai brought Thailand to a financial disaster and Thaksin brought Thailand back on the map. What he did was taking down the corrupted politicians and criminal money and used this to pay the IMF. In no time Thailand was healthy and was seen as a stable partner to do business with. And see what happened after the yellow took over. From 2006 until now a big load of crap came over Thailand. I don't care about the color, I stick to some facts, but all people see now are the negative side of Thaksin. He is not a saint, no way. But don't forget all others who followed after him or are now shouting in the street cant be seen as better. I would say they are even worse, because we are back where it all started before Thaksin came in. Unstable currency, and economy on a hold.....

Are we now so lucky with all old corrupted politicians coming back, yes they are against Thaksin... Hey he kicked them out. And see they are back (or their party members are) trying to get a piece of the cake into their own pocket.

In one thing Suthep was right "this is not the end". It's the beginning of a long sad financial situation......

At some point they are... Let's face it; Who is so stupid to believe that this Suthep will be any better, is stupid. It's not about the country, it's all about the flow of the money. And Suthep wants a piece of the flow. Using moral ideas, but at the end it's the money that makes the world go round....

We all shout now that she is telling lies.... But what politician doesn't lie? They all do. Chuan Leekpai brought Thailand to a financial disaster and Thaksin brought Thailand back on the map. What he did was taking down the corrupted politicians and criminal money and used this to pay the IMF. In no time Thailand was healthy and was seen as a stable partner to do business with. And see what happened after the yellow took over. From 2006 until now a big load of crap came over Thailand. I don't care about the color, I stick to some facts, but all people see now are the negative side of Thaksin. He is not a saint, no way. But don't forget all others who followed after him or are now shouting in the street cant be seen as better. I would say they are even worse, because we are back where it all started before Thaksin came in. Unstable currency, and economy on a hold.....

Are we now so lucky with all old corrupted politicians coming back, yes they are against Thaksin... Hey he kicked them out. And see they are back (or their party members are) trying to get a piece of the cake into their own pocket.

In one thing Suthep was right "this is not the end". It's the beginning of a long sad financial situation......

True believer - hold on to your wallet boys

It is good news from Yingluck that the immediate return of Thaksin is off the agenda. But it was under her watch that it was put on the agenda, so what is to prevent another flip-flop?

KY says KT has promised to stay out of Thai politics for the sake of peace in Thailand but for KT to stay out of politics you cannot have a Shinawat clan member as PM, DM and FM in government. It just makes what she says look like BS.