further musings on wardrobe quirks.....

eezergood

Living in PATONG, and it being such a melting pot of international travellers it does not escape me that certain nationalities have de rigueur styles dress. Aussies with boardies, due to their beach style lives. Chinese, hello kitty fetishes - not sure why. The Brits, I fully understand but again cannot explain, outside of musical influenced fashion. What is the fascination with Nautical headwear for our Russian bretherin? SPECIFICALLY here in Phuket, as this was not so noticeable in BAngkok.

• Like 1

Brits always have pale and pasty complections, shaved heads and soccer jerseys on. Easy to spot.

Australian men in their 20s always have more hair product than the women. Australians of all ages sport southern cross tattoos and wear haviana flip flops

Russian men wear white socks with JC sandles and the women look like they have jumped out of Olivia Newton Johns 'Lets get Physical' 80s vidoe clip.

Japs and Koreans just look awkward and are targets for the hustlers wherever they are.

Chinese look like a poorer cousin of the Japs and Koreans.

Scandis stand out because they are generally tall and slender. The shocks of blond hair give it away too.

• Like 2

Worst look ever and is seem epidemic - Plaid walking shorts on spindley white little legs - miss-matched colored stripe shirt (worse when a wife beater) - long black socks with sandals.....mix with shaved heads, bulging stomachs, new tatoos & piecings - what are these guys thinking?

We're walking around a country where most of the women are looking demurely lip smacking good and setting records in the worst dressed catagory trying to impress these same women..........huh??????

• Like 1

There are some people who seem to think that they need to create their own special look. Can you imagine how long he spent earlier in the day assembling all of this ... time he could have spent in the sun reducing his prison pallor.

And this guy has a เมียน้อย ... who rather understandably wasn't available for a group photo.

Pattaya-farang1.jpg

Whats with some really Hot Thai ladies Mega Knickers, I mean like sometimes they look great but you can see the BPL and they look massive, <deleted>?

(exception to the hello Kitty above as that is welly Dreamy...)

On the other hand, some of the A-hmm, X-soviet block ladies have like rubber band G-strings on lol...

Haa, The Brits abroad, easy to spot ain't we?

1. Wife beater Tee stretched over a 50" beer gut, proclaiming "extreme body sculpting"

2. At least a 6" gap to show off the mound of quivering fat between the "tee" and the top of the shorts, Which

3, Should be worn as low as possible to show off the hairy builders cleavage

4. The crouch of said shorts should be at least 10-12" below the actual crouch to give positive air circulation and prevent chaffing

5. Obligatory white calf length white socks with holes and sandles

6.Skin tone of a boiled lobster

7.Shower twice a week, cos that was wot I done in the UK

8.Shaved head an tatts, piercings to your order

9. All Thai women should be referred to as "bints"

But we all know we is a hansum man

And you would like a one year visa? step right this way...err...sirw00t.gif

Aussie here ... but I dress like a Thai now. i.e Long pants/jeans, poloshirt, sandals (for quick removal)

A Thai with sandals?
Amazing innit? I've heard some of them even wear underwear these days!

It's against the law not to. So, who's going to be the first to be arrested by the underwear police?

Aussie here ... but I dress like a Thai now. i.e Long pants/jeans, poloshirt, sandals (for quick removal)

Do you like wear the pink shirt on Mondays and the blue shirt on Fridays and the yellow shirts on Wednesdays? I kinda like that idea, you dont really have to think about what to wear.

Do you wear the Thai jewellry with Buddha Amulets too?