Abhisit ready to defend murder case in Criminal Court

webfact

Abhisit ready to defend murder case in Criminal Court

12-11-2013-12-38-00-PM-728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Democrat Party leader Abhisit Vejjajiva is ready to defend murder case in the Criminal Court tomorrow.

Party spokesperson Chavanond Intarakomalsoot and protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban are scheduled to appear at the Criminal Court tomorrow on the first hearing of the murder trial for their involvement in the government suppression of rioters in 2010.

They were earlier scheduled to appear at the court on October 31 but was put off to December 12 when the Parliament held a special session to debate the controversial amendment to the Constitution regarding the composition of the Senate.

The spokesman said the party leader would appear at the court tomorrow as he was confident of his innocence in enforcing the law during the riot.

Meanwhile protest leader Suthep would ask the court to adjourn the hearing of the case to other date.

At the same time a red-shirt leader Supprn Attawong, now deputy secretary-general of the Prime Minister, said he was asking the Department of Special Investigation to protest granting bail for Abhisit and Suthep at tomorrow’s hearing as he feared that if both had the chance to return to power, they would again abuse the power to take revenge on the red-shirt people.

Abhisit was then prime minister during the 2010 riot and Suthep was deputy prime minister in charge of the Center for Resolution of Emergency Situation.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/abhisit-ready-defend-murder-case-criminal-court/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-11

• Like 1

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote: "At the same time a red-shirt leader Supprn Attawong, now deputy secretary-general of the Prime Minister, said he was asking the Department of Special Investigation to protest granting bail for Abhisit and Suthep at tomorrow’s hearing as he feared that if both had the chance to return to power, they would again abuse the power to take revenge on the red-shirt people."

I am speechless....

attawong redefines hypocrisy Edited by kingalfred
  • Like 2

"Meanwhile protest leader Suthep would ask the court to adjourn the hearing of the case to other date"

Got to have a chuckle when you read things like this. Your up for a murder charge, ask for it to be post poned because hes a little bit busy at the moment. This whole thing has turned into a circus more than ever. They need a strong 3rd challenging party or else this is going to go on forever.

• Like 1

Quote: "At the same time a red-shirt leader Supprn Attawong, now deputy secretary-general of the Prime Minister, said he was asking the Department of Special Investigation to protest granting bail for Abhisit and Suthep at tomorrow’s hearing as he feared that if both had the chance to return to power, they would again abuse the power to take revenge on the red-shirt people."

I am speechless....

attawong redefines hypocrisy

Interesting that he fear they may return to power. Perhaps PTP aren't as confident of being re-elected as they say they are.

Odd how the the PM deputy secretary general is asking the DSI to protest on behalf of - one assumes given his rather long and superfluous job title - PTP.

Isn't the DSI meant to be independent?

Of course, his back is covered legally. He will be declared innocent eventually. This will infuriate the Red Shirts and the judges will then be harrassed and abused by Red Shirt groups. A lot of dirty details will come out about the Red Shirts, the Men in Black and Thaksin. Thaksin is making a mistake about going after Aphisit and Suthep.

• Like 1

The murder charges against Abhisit and Suthep are frivolous because the prosecution wil never be able to prove that they knew that Abhisit's orders to form CRES and Suthep's orders within CRES were made with the intention of killing the precise individuals who died. If you look at the articles of the Penal Code they are charged under, that is what the prosecution needs to achieve.

• Like 1

Well, it is clear that the army under Abhisit's command did shoot 90 unarmed demonstrators in the head. That is merely a statement of fact. The question is, is he culpable (yes, since he ordered it), and was it illegal (not in Thailand).

"in the head"

Is an assertion, not a fact as claimed, and erroneous if only because they weren't all shot in-the-head. wink.png

One also looks forward to seeing the evidence that "he ordered it", before passing judgement, does the phrase "innocent until proven guilty" ring a bell ? facepalm.gif

• Like 1

I don't care much for Abhisit or what he represents, but he deserves credit for walking into the courtroom and standing up against whatever comes. Unlike his "indicted co-conspirator", the would-be dictator Suthep.

The case will go nowhere, and will ultimately be dismissed. It's a loser for PTP to pursue this.

• Like 1

I don't care much for Abhisit or what he represents, but he deserves credit for walking into the courtroom and standing up against whatever comes. Unlike his "indicted co-conspirator", the would-be dictator Suthep.

The case will go nowhere, and will ultimately be dismissed. It's a loser for PTP to pursue this.

Well said and agree 100%

Abhisit showed dignity and respect toward the court.

I am pretty sure he cannot be convicted for murder.

And Suthep, yes... He is showing he is nothing different than Thaksin. Both greedy, needing power in their hands for their families and interests.

My opinion, as usual.

• Like 1

Although for sure it's a loser for the PTP to pursue I have little sympathy for a man who while the protest was still peaceful and this started going on...

"The army were firing live rounds on civilians. I wouldn't have believed it if I hadn't seen it myself"

Paul, British teacher

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/8612783.stm

Has the same night on national Television a spokesman say:

A government spokesman denied reports that live rounds had also been fired.

"There were no live bullets fired at protesters," Panitan Wattanayagorn said on national TV, AFP agency reported.

I don't know about you but I tend to believe Paul the English teacher and if the BBC knew there is little doubt Abhisit knew too.

Edited by firestar

I like to believe that Shoeshine Boy Mark A. followed the orders from his de facto boss Suthep when he sent the army in put snipers on the roofs and established live zones. But maybe Abhisit should than explain himself why he demanded so much restraint from a democratically elected Yingluck government while he as an appointed dictator did not have to adhere to the same standards. Shame on Abhisit for even killing people in holy places. He probably comes up with the crap of men in black. if he wants to know where they came from he only have to look to all the black clad copies of Mussolini clapping for the corrupt Suthep everyday.

"Meanwhile protest leader Suthep would ask the court to adjourn the hearing of the case to other date"

Got to have a chuckle when you read things like this. Your up for a murder charge, ask for it to be post poned because hes a little bit busy at the moment. This whole thing has turned into a circus more than ever. They need a strong 3rd challenging party or else this is going to go on forever.

you see all the charges about PAD, see all the charges on Thaksin. Samak died before his things went to court. On the other side you can sue everyone for nothing. For defamation even if it is true, etc etc. So the courts a full with nonsense cases.

There need to be a complete reform of the system.

• Like 1

Well, it is clear that the army under Abhisit's command did shoot 90 unarmed demonstrators in the head. That is merely a statement of fact. The question is, is he culpable (yes, since he ordered it), and was it illegal (not in Thailand).

Er

Could you please clue us in what you are talking about. Many of us were here in 2010 when Abhist had to stop an armed rebellion. We do not have a clue as to what you are talking about. I hope this is not another in 19 some thing the democrats did this story. I am getting tired of that. I wasn't here and when I arrived here Thailand was just starting into a period of attempted anarchy funded by a convicted criminal who for some reason or other choose to live in Dubai. probably to stay out of jail and avoid other charges he was guilty of.

• Like 1

I think his government's only fault in the sad events of 2010 was in not taking firm control of the situation early. They let people camp out in the streets of the capital for weeks, until things came to a boil.

They will never get a "murder" charge to stick. It's bogus, politically motivated, and just adds to the general chaos and misery we're seeing every day here. It should be thrown out of court.

You mean he should have sent the tanks earlier? or not negate the offer accepted by the Red Shirts of talks overseen by senior Senate figures?

Of course, his back is covered legally. He will be declared innocent eventually. This will infuriate the Red Shirts and the judges will then be harrassed and abused by Red Shirt groups. A lot of dirty details will come out about the Red Shirts, the Men in Black and Thaksin. Thaksin is making a mistake about going after Aphisit and Suthep.

If this is the first hearing, it could be thrown out tomorrow.

I think his government's only fault in the sad events of 2010 was in not taking firm control of the situation early. They let people camp out in the streets of the capital for weeks, until things came to a boil.

They will never get a "murder" charge to stick. It's bogus, politically motivated, and just adds to the general chaos and misery we're seeing every day here. It should be thrown out of court.

mate, it is a bit hard when the police simply ignored the reds as instructed to by thaksin. With the police backing the reds and thaksins agenda it is the reason all the shit happened. No one can deny this, they were offered an election but then went on to start the violence that in turn created the shootings. People want to lay blame, look at thaksin, the police and the red leaders, pity the reds/police are too indoctrined to thaksins ideology for the truth to come out.

Er

Could you please clue us in what you are talking about. Many of us were here in 2010 when Abhist had to stop an armed rebellion. We do not have a clue as to what you are talking about. I hope this is not another in 19 some thing the democrats did this story. I am getting tired of that. I wasn't here and when I arrived here Thailand was just starting into a period of attempted anarchy funded by a convicted criminal who for some reason or other choose to live in Dubai. probably to stay out of jail and avoid other charges he was guilty of.

Some of us have even been here long enough to remember that the protest was peaceful for over a month while Abhisit kept repeating that waiting for elections was the rule of law and there would be no negotiation until the protesters dispersed. rolleyes.gif

mate, it is a bit hard when the police simply ignored the reds as instructed to by thaksin. With the police backing the reds and thaksins agenda it is the reason all the shit happened. No one can deny this, they were offered an election but then went on to start the violence that in turn created the shootings. People want to lay blame, look at thaksin, the police and the red leaders, pity the reds/police are too indoctrined to thaksins ideology for the truth to come out.

Quite simply No. they weren't.

Even though the shenanigans that allowed individual MPs elected under the TRT banner to switch sides after getting red votes should have triggered immediate re-elections they weren't.

Edited by firestar

90 all in the head? And all by the Army? Facts? Has there been a mass escape from a local lunnie farm?
oh yes they either should be in the"lunnie bin" but many of these farang are running loose in thailand

If this is the first hearing, it could be thrown out tomorrow.

I hope not. This trial needs to go the full distance so that Khun Abhisit gets to put forward his full side of the eVents for public and court review.
  • Like 1