Duaghter has developed an ingrown toe nail

Chippen Dong

This probably has nothing to do with Thailand, just happens that she got this now? However, these can become really miserable, and annoying for long periods of time. It only happened to me once, but I tried to solve it for months, and months, on my own. It never helped. I went to a foot doctor, had a small surgery in his office, where he cut it out, then burned the root of that portion of my nail, out, so that it couldn't grow back and do it again.

That was 30 years ago, in NYC, and it did never come back, and was such a relief to get it resolved. I would suggest anyone go to a doctor fast, get it taken care of, save yourself lots of pain, and be happy!

• Like 1

Had quite a few, can be caused by a number of things. My cure, cut a wedge"V" only a small one at the top of the nail and within a couple if days it will grow out. I'm only assuming its in that painfull area on the sides. The nail will grow back together and pull the nail out of the inflammed area while growing . Cheap as chips, but still monitor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last july i did have 2 ingrown nail due mostly to intense training sport.

It was well easy to solve in less than 2 days. You just put an tiny amount of tissue under her nail near the ingrown. (As much you can put)

To have her feet weet can help. You leave it here for weeks. But usually after few days the nail will come out of his base.

And when the nail grow up, dont cut it short! otherwise you will run again in the same problems

If this dont work, only surgery will heal her.

If it's only the beginning of a problem, this tactic might help. It helped me:

post-37101-0-02321100-1386792515_thumb.j

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/how-to-treat-an-ingrown-toenail

It's a popular first line of treatment. It might work or it might not work but you can probably get some idea if there is beginning of relief within days. There is lots of info about it on the web. First soak in very hot water w/ epsom salts to soften. If you can't find epsom salts, vinegar in the water can help too. I used the cotton for about a month, changing when needed, and also cut the top of the nails STRAIGHT. The cotton needs to be forced in there and can be painful.

If there is blood already, clean as standard for any cut in the tropics.

The idea of the V cut is an old wive's tale.

Avoid using Thai pedicurists. They always cut out the cuticles and of course curve the toenails. This can CREATE these problems! (Yes, happened to me.) People who are prone to ingrown toenails need to cut the tops of their nails STRAIGHT and not too short either. Not as nice, but health trumps.

In more advanced situations, you're looking at nail surgery which can sometimes include complete removal of the nail. I would try the home remedy first but it takes time.

Edited by Jingthing