Kickstarter campaign to make Nazi Chic go out of style in Thailand

davejonesbkk

I repeat ;

Nazi chic is not new, and certainly not confined to Thailand and other Asian countries.

Nazi Chic

Its use began in the mid-seventies with the emergence of the punk movement in London: the Sex Pistols' first television appearance occurred with a person of their entourage wearing a swastika. Nazi chic was later used in the fashion industry in various occasions.

Sex Pistols, with their homicidal crazed leader "Syd Viciuous", are hardly a a fashion or model example. The other citation is vague and without proof. Nazi fashion is simply not acceptable in the West and it does not happens, any attempt to be apologetic will make you look like a mild neo-Nazi

Do us a vafour, wear nazi emblema in the west, tell us how long it takes for you buts to be kicked, or to be spit in the face (rightly).

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did you read the whole article I linked to; it wasn't just the Sex Pistols ( BTW Sid Vicious, a total prat, wasn't their leader; Malcolm McLaren was) and it wasn't just punks in the 1970's.

Next (first?) time you're in London have a trip to Camden Market.

Did you read the whole article I linked to; it wasn't just the Sex Pistols ( BTW Sid Vicious, a total prat, wasn't their leader; Malcolm McLaren was) and it wasn't just punks in the 1970's.

I prodly admit my ignorance on punk rock.

Other than that, you made your thinking clear, Nazi 'fashion' is OK. No need to reiterate. And if you country allows that, mine doesn't.

Thais don't even know the history of Pol Pot and what he did, and that happened right next door. Them knowing the history of Hitler is a pipe dream.

But I'll bet you a dollar if you start a Thaksin fashion trend and wear his face on everything you own, there is a certain group of Thais who will flip-the-heck-out, and as usual, you'll be in the wrong for doing it. You may even be physically attacked for it. However, Hitler..... mai pen rai.

Took this picture in a Thai village @2004/5. It's hardly a new development. And of course the kid didn't know what the slogan meant any more than the young teen girl I saw travelling on the skytrain last month, with her parents, proudly wearing a t-shirt inviting people to "Squeeze my Melons".

Strikes me that the latter is more likely to cause problems. Kickstarter campaign anyone ?

post-7438-0-75852600-1386980020_thumb.jp

Google up Greek man-boy relationships, then explain why so many college kids wear togas to parties.

Face it, some pretty despicable groups hijacked some of the greatest imagery, throughout history. They adopted the powerful images to draw people to their cause. Swastika is a perfect example, along with the color combinations.

Nothing inherently evil about the swastika, or a brown shirt, or jackboots, unless they're worn with the intent to idolize the Nazis and/or to resurrect the horror.

Edited by impulse

I prodly admit my ignorance on punk rock.

Other than that, you made your thinking clear, Nazi 'fashion' is OK. No need to reiterate. And if you country allows that, mine doesn't

There are many things which I find offensive, some of them may be the same as you.

But in situations like this I always remember the following:

Lord, grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change,

the courage to change the things I can,

and the wisdom to know the difference.

MM was their manager

Johnny Rotten was the group front man.

Sid was just the bass player (he did it his way).

MM was their manager

Johnny Rotten was the group front man.

Sid was just the bass player (he did it his way).

Indeed, but McLaren put them together and was in compete control. Image was what was important to him.

Which is why Glen Matlock left to be replaced by the talentless <deleted>.

Back to the topic.

Edited by 7by7

I believe your quest is much more needed in the US and Europe where Hitler did in fact happen, and the great following his teaching have in the White Power movement in the US and Neo-Nazi movement in Europe.

Thailand youth did not live under the destruction the Nazi's visited on the west, They see it more as an expression of their freedom to do so. What you have on that video have nothing to do with the philosophy of the Nazi movement as its counterparts in the West has. I think your efforts as changing the rights of freedom of expression are more in tuned to Nazism than the Thai youth rights to freedom of expression.

Cheers

Glad you feel that way. I'm sure then, that you would back my idea for "Pol Pots Burgers" in England. Our motto would be "burgers with a 1/4 pound of pure beef straight from the killing fields."

If Cambodians or others have a problem with it, you will tell them for me to go get stuffed because it's an expression of my freedom to do so, right???? I never lived under the destruction the Khmer Rouge visited on Cambodia so it has nothing to do with Pol Pots philosophy, therefore I can offend whomever I want. Glad you feel that way.

Glad you feel that way. I'm sure then, that you would back my idea for "Pol Pots Burgers" in England. Our motto would be "burgers with a 1/4 pound of pure beef straight from the killing fields."

Better not eat the rice either, as most of the killing feilds were rice feilds!

Nazism is dead, why blow off all this steam about a few teenagers.

What concerns me more is, for example, being in a chichi cafe a few weeks ago with oh-so-liberal farangs who are completely unaware that people are still dying (I mean today) because of "allied" bombs in "indochina" in the carpet-bombing in the secret wars. The former "allies" dropped more bombs on Asian farmers than they ever did on ole Adolf.

I'd love some of these transatlantlic NGO/"foundations" s to redress the evils their governments have done comparatively recently before they worry about ancient Nazi history.

No disrespect to the very tiny minority of NGOs that may be doing something worthwhile.

Nazism is dead? that is a load of bull!

what a silly thing to say, people shouldn't learn history if it has nothing to do with them. Your hubris and ignorance truly amaze me.

By the way, who gave you the right to speak for all Thai people? I know plenty of Thai people who ARE quite interested in global history and important world events.

Silly, silly, silly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Trout

I would like to ask you the same question

Weak response, where is the quote? Back up what you say or keep quiet

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile ap

Once again and listen closely, go back to post #53 and read, do you read anything prior to responding to it?

You stated (in part) "There is a HUGE difference between the two" "We expect that behavior from a bunch of nazi idiots in the US" "A very small minority of fools exercising their right to free speech" "I do believe they have a right to say it. That is what freedom is all about"

"On the other hand here in Thailand you have nitwits who are using a very powerful symbol;s of hatred and destruction to make cutesie shows and T-shirts and when told that is extremely offensive they just giggle and say"I don't know".

In your defense of 75-100 US Nazi's marching under the White Power flag, in full Nazi uniform in a Political demonstration at the State Capital in Phoenix Arizona, where only a bunch of fools exercising their right to "Free Speech" , Stating "That is what freedom is all about."

Do I still have your attention? Then you stated

"On the other hand here in Thailand you have nitwits who are using very powerful symbols of hatred and destruction to make cutesie shows and t-shirts" "You are comparing apples to oranges here"

You completely failed to state they "Where a bunch of nitwits exercising their freedom of speech" as you did in defense of the US Nazi's.

In your flawed logic, explain why there is a HUGE difference to what the Thai's do on tee-shirts and cutesie shows (whatever that is) that is more offensive then Nazi marching at a political rally in full uniform.

Then in your infinite knowledge you erroneously state "If you think there is a real problem then you are clueless" which is one of the most "clueless" statements I ever heard.

Your statement documents You are not from the states and are completely clueless about US modern day problems, Look up on the internet US Nazi party and you-tube about filmed history of the extent of the Nazi presents in the US.

I will not ask you to quote what you posted to because it is not within your ability to do. If possible put your brain in gear, before you put your mouth in motion! (or be quiet)

Cheers

S

So where did I say that "Thais have no right to express themselves?" The quotes you stated do not, by any stretch of the imagination state or elude to that. If you are going to accuse me of saying that then back it up.

In addition, the rest of your post makes no sense.

By the way, who gave you the right to speak for all Thai people? I know plenty of Thai people who ARE quite interested in global history and important world events

So where did I say that "Thais have no right to express themselves?" The quotes you stated do not, by any stretch of the imagination state or elude to that. If you are going to accuse me of saying that then back it up.

Any intelligent person could see what you said, you defended the rights of the US Nazi's, to be involved

in a political event, in nazi uniform, and then you find the Thai's are wrong for doing the same thing and did not state they also had a right to do so.

It is obvious that you are unable to back up you opinion, and use the classic I do not understand, as I have responded to your questions and you are incapable of documenting your post!

Must be time for your medication!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

Are you for real? There is a HUGE difference between the two. We expect that behavior from a bunch of nazi idiots in the US; if you think there is a real problem then you are clueless. A very small minority of fools exercising their right to free speech which as I don't agree with what they say, I do believe they have a right to say it. That is what freedom is all about.

On the other hand here in Thailand you have nitwits who are using very powerful symbols of hatred and destruction to make cutesie shows and t-shirts and when told that it is extremely offensive they just giggle and say "I don't know."

You are comparing apples to oranges here.

Kilgore

In your defense of the US Nazi rights to Free Speech as you stated above, and if I thought the Nazi's "If you think there is a real problem then you are clueless"

Active Neo-Nazi Groups Southern Poverty Law Center.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTo5FAtBDvA

I have added documentation of the active neo-nazi groups st\ate by state in the US.

And a video of A Nazi group in California>

Please document the facts that you have that shows the problem of Thai youth Nazi fashion chic are more offensive then the Nazi political problems in the US.

One may then understand that if anyone is clueless it is you!

Cheers

Edited by kikoman

what a silly thing to say, people shouldn't learn history if it has nothing to do with them. Your hubris and ignorance truly amaze me.

By the way, who gave you the right to speak for all Thai people? I know plenty of Thai people who ARE quite interested in global history and important world events.

Silly, silly, silly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey Trout

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Kilgore Trout

You must have some type of documentation to buttress your contention that the incidents of Thai youth fashion chic (re: Nazi attire) is much more offensive than the Nazi presents in the West, I have sent documentation re: US, but I can just as easily show you their presence in Europe.

Surely you would not judge that sentiment in Thailand just based on nothing more than ethnocentric assumptions.

You need to take some of your own advise, "Back up what you say or Keep Quiet"

Cheers:

Silly, silly, silly.

Hey Trout

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Kilgore Trout

You must have some type of documentation to buttress your contention that the incidents of Thai youth fashion chic (re: Nazi attire) is much more offensive than the Nazi presents in the West, I have sent documentation re: US, but I can just as easily show you their presence in Europe.

Surely you would not judge that sentiment in Thailand just based on nothing more than ethnocentric assumptions.

You need to take some of your own advise, "Back up what you say or Keep Quiet"

Cheers:

Your posts just keep getting weaker and weaker, your arguments more ridiculous.

If you don't get it, that's your issue. I'm done. Have fun wallowing in your own ignorance.

Any intelligent person could see what you said, you defended the rights of the US Nazi's, to be involved

in a political event, in nazi uniform, and then you find the Thai's are wrong for doing the same thing and did not state they also had a right to do so.

It is obvious that you are unable to back up you opinion, and use the classic I do not understand, as I have responded to your questions and you are incapable of documenting your post!

Must be time for your medication!

Cheers

So you are saying that ronald mc hitler, hitler fried chicken, chula's billboard etc are political events?

Its plain to see why arguing with you is useless. You just don't get it.

Kilgore Trout

Since you were the one to question my opinion as I posted it, Not me questioning your opinion!

You have repeatedly failed to document your contentions!

you have made some pretty outrages comments, as I pointed out, your defense of the US Nazi's right to do as they pleased based on their right of free speech, stating "That what freedom is all about".

Yet you fault the Thai youth fashion chic (Not Nazi political theory as in the West) as more annoying and you refuse to document your contentions. that concludes you do not have even the random intelligence to buttress your outrages statements and try to divert your complete ignorance onto others,

Never argue with the ignorant, as they will drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience"

You concede?

Edited by kikoman

Kilgore Trout

Please refer to your post #85 where you state "Back up what you say or keep quiet" Which is the only part of your post, I agree with.

It would not hurt if you took some of your own advice!

Edited by kikoman

Google up Greek man-boy relationships, then explain why so many college kids wear togas to parties.

Togas weren't Greek they were Roman.

Greeks wore Chitons (and Tunics)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiton_(costume)

Oops. I stand corrected.

But I still wonder why all the college fraternities and sororities adopted Greek letters, with recruiting slogans like "Go Greek" Heck, that double meaning was a sick joke even in my fraternity 30 years ago.

So I got the analogy wrong, but I still stand by the premise- the Greeks had some despicable tendencies (by today's moral standards), yet we honor them today, and have no problems at all with Greek symbolism.

And I'm pretty sure the guys wearing those Greek Week T-shirts had no intention to start diddling little boys, or tossing "imperfect" babies off of cliffs. Just like I doubt that most Thai's that wear a Hitler T-shirt intend to start burning Jews and bombing London.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 1