Best hamburger in Phuket

Somtamnication

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5!5! opposite the cruise liner pontoon in Kalim. Very friendly staff, dam_n good burger and spotlessly clean toilets.

And those toilets are important after the burger?

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

5!5! opposite the cruise liner pontoon in Kalim. Very friendly staff, dam_n good burger and spotlessly clean toilets.

And those toilets are important after the burger?

Sent from my D90W using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

they are when your chowing down on burgers

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

In my opinion, best burger you will find in Phuket is at Rider Cafe in Old Town.

In my neighborhood, which is Rawai/Nai Harn, I'd recommend the burger at either Hen Chef location. Good burger served with fries and a salad. Can't remember correctly, but the price is between 150-180THB.

A lot of people out here swear by the burgers at the little shack in front of CHEERS Bar - I went there a few weeks ago, and the place has gone downhill. It was dirty, the girls weren't washing their hands, and the cheeseburger I ordered left me sitting on the toilet for the rest of the evening. Won't go back there again, but to each his own.

As previously mentioned, Delish do an alright burger. I like the place for the service, but the food can be hit or miss.

the cheeseburger I ordered left me sitting on the toilet for the rest of the evening. Won't go back there again, but to each his own.

Please think twice before throwing around accusations like that. You problem might have been caused by something you ate somewhere else earlier in the day.

The symptoms of food poisoning can start kicking in after a good number of hours. All too often it happens like a couple eating in a restaurant, getting the runs and then blaming the restaurant, whilst the real cause was something they took out of the fridge at home at lunch time.

the cheeseburger I ordered left me sitting on the toilet for the rest of the evening. Won't go back there again, but to each his own.

Please think twice before throwing around accusations like that. You problem might have been caused by something you ate somewhere else earlier in the day.

The symptoms of food poisoning can start kicking in after a good number of hours. All too often it happens like a couple eating in a restaurant, getting the runs and then blaming the restaurant, whilst the real cause was something they took out of the fridge at home at lunch time.

Not really an accusation as such, just telling my experience with the restaurant and why I won't go back. Pretty careful regarding the things I eat, so safe to say I know what gives me an upset stomach and what doesn't. And as mentioned in my comment, to each his own.

Edited by amyb

Where exactly is Delish? Recall seeing the sign but can't remember where exactly.

I suggest the burger at The Anchor Inn on the pier rd. just 50m from the circle.

Although the best burger in Phuket is the one I make using the 100% beef from Villa market, fried with a bit of pepper powder, and using chedder cheese. Mmmm :)

Where exactly is Delish? Recall seeing the sign but can't remember where exactly.

I suggest the burger at The Anchor Inn on the pier rd. just 50m from the circle.

Although the best burger in Phuket is the one I make using the 100% beef from Villa market, fried with a bit of pepper powder, and using chedder cheese. Mmmm smile.png

Delish is in the Fisherman's Way complex; heading from Chalong circle to Rawai, it's on the left hand side.

I second keesth's opinion that one should be careful blaming food poisoning or stomach problems to the last food eaten whilst refering to certain restaurants.

From a US gov website:

A common misconception is that gastrointestinal illness was caused by the last food item that was eaten before symptoms started. While there are a few instances in which gastrointestinal illness may result within a few hours of exposure to a particular pathogen, in fact, many of the foodborne diseases have incubation periods that are longer than a day.

From a UK gov website:

Incubation period (the time it takes from eating the suspected food until symptoms begin) - 1-10 days, usually 2-5 days

I think you folks have missed the point:

You shouldn't travel half-way around the world to a tropical island paradise to eat cheese burgers...

No, I think that you're missing the point. Those of us who actually live here generally enjoy Thai food in all of it's variances. That's not to say that we lose appetite for foods from our origins, whether we cook it ourselves or buy from an outlet.

One of the primary attractions of Phuket as a place of long term residence is it's variety and options, food being one of them. It's also good to share recommendations and experiences so that others can benefit from them. All down to personal taste (sic) of course.

You shouldn't travel half-way around the world to a tropical island paradise to eat cheese burgers...

Most members who post on this forum don't travel halfway around the world to get a cheeseburger, they live on the Island. Some have been here for 30+ years. If they want to vary their diet that's their business!

You're a Bangkok resident who seems to think it's your duty to visit the Phuket forum frequently to lecture the locals on how to live or eat.

Give it a miss you silly little man.

Edited by Old Croc

No, I think that you're missing the point. Those of us who actually live here generally enjoy Thai food in all of it's variances. That's not to say that we lose appetite for foods from our origins, whether we cook it ourselves or buy from an outlet.

One of the primary attractions of Phuket as a place of long term residence is it's variety and options, food being one of them. It's also good to share recommendations and experiences so that others can benefit from them. All down to personal taste (sic) of course.

Good point. If I cannot have fish and chips or a decent burger, I go crazy!!!wub.png

I had no idea some posters have the delusion that once we are in Thailand, we have to eat rice 15 times a day! sick.gif

I second keesth's opinion that one should be careful blaming food poisoning or stomach problems to the last food eaten whilst refering to certain restaurants.

From a US gov website:

A common misconception is that gastrointestinal illness was caused by the last food item that was eaten before symptoms started. While there are a few instances in which gastrointestinal illness may result within a few hours of exposure to a particular pathogen, in fact, many of the foodborne diseases have incubation periods that are longer than a day.

From a UK gov website:

Incubation period (the time it takes from eating the suspected food until symptoms begin) - 1-10 days, usually 2-5 days

Different food standards in USA and Thailand, never had food poisoning with home cooked food, several times with restaurant food and it does not take 2 days to happen

Good point. If I cannot have fish and chips or a decent burger, I go crazy!!!wub.png

I had no idea some posters have the delusion that once we are in Thailand, we have to eat rice 15 times a day! sick.gif

Start a fish and chips thread, yet to find decent fish and chips in Phuket

From a US gov website:

From a UK gov website:

staff in the US have proper hygenic conditions to wash. Staff in Thailand dont. After washing their backside with a bum sprayer and getting their hands covered in poop its a quick rinse with no soap and back to the food prep area. Incubation time would be a lot less. I know when I get sick exactly where I ate. And its normally bang on 4 hours after the event.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Never had food-poisoning........ever.

Must be because of all the dirt I used to eat as a toddler.

Really - never. We are going off topic here, but over the years I have had food poisoning (bad stomach then the shits) from at least 2 well known Phuket restaurants (which I will not name). Just bad luck, but I don't go back. But I can the say same about most countries I have lived.