Best hamburger in Phuket

Somtamnication

Just go on Facebook and check it.....or send him a message..

I don't have a Facebook account so can't send a message there but it seems the owner wrote there on the 23rd Feb:

The restaurant is closed until further notice.

Doesn't sound very reassuring.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is an excellent new little hamburger place, opposite the go-kart before the patong hill in kathu, they make 100% homemade burger for very affordable price, i have been eating there for a while and only can recommend them, however sometimes they not open for days which is absolutely normal here gigglem.gif

It was mentioned before somewhere but C.Burger between what used to be Gigs place and the Icon does a very nice burger, all sorts and sizes

Do you mean the Catalina restaurant?

There is actually a hovel of a place called C burger, but it really needs to be cleaned up and made to look a bit more appealing if they want any walk in traffic. Opposite side of the road from Catalina burger up a couple hundred metres.

It was mentioned before somewhere but C.Burger between what used to be Gigs place and the Icon does a very nice burger, all sorts and sizes

Do you mean the Catalina restaurant?

There is actually a hovel of a place called C burger, but it really needs to be cleaned up and made to look a bit more appealing if they want any walk in traffic. Opposite side of the road from Catalina burger up a couple hundred metres.

True, doesn't look like much but the food is excellent.

the cheeseburger I ordered left me sitting on the toilet for the rest of the evening. Won't go back there again, but to each his own.

Please think twice before throwing around accusations like that. You problem might have been caused by something you ate somewhere else earlier in the day.

The symptoms of food poisoning can start kicking in after a good number of hours. All too often it happens like a couple eating in a restaurant, getting the runs and then blaming the restaurant, whilst the real cause was something they took out of the fridge at home at lunch time.

Kees....my partner had confirmed, by the hospital registrar, food poisoning in the States....chicken in an upmarket restaurant.

He told us that the onset for your typical food poisoning starts after about two hours.

Wiki;

Incubation period[edit]

The delay between consumption of a contaminated food and appearance of the first symptoms of illness is called the incubation period. This ranges from hours to days (and rarely months or even years, such as in the case of listeriosis or bovine spongiform encephalopathy), depending on the agent, and on how much was consumed. If symptoms occur within one to six hours after eating the food, it suggests that it is caused by a bacterial toxin or a chemical rather than live bacteria.

I'll second (or third) the C burger place in Nai Harn, near the Icon.

Also, Smile world on Sai Yuan has a pretty good burger.
But I think the best around Nai Harn is still the Super Burger near Cheers bar.

I believe they use NZ beef.

Tried New York Burger compny in Kata yesterday Was Ok 8 out of 10

Diner style greasy burger All fresh ingrediants the onion Rings Sucked

Very nice clean place with cute service girls very good service

Cheeseburger was 160 baht

I will go again for sure

Quenchers on Nanai Road Patong opposite Makro, all burgers are homemade prices start from 140 Baht to 220 Baht wih Fries, good service ,clean place, was busy yesterday afternoon. can recommend been a few times.

I can fully recommend Quenchers, just opposite Makro on Nanai Road. A very good range of Thai and Western food.

• 2 weeks later...

Quenchers on Nanai Road Patong opposite Makro, all burgers are homemade prices start from 140 Baht to 220 Baht wih Fries, good service ,clean place, was busy yesterday afternoon. can recommend been a few times.

I can fully recommend Quenchers, just opposite Makro on Nanai Road. A very good range of Thai and Western food.

Has anybody been at the Buddha Burger in Phuket Town? If I remember correctly it is on the road that leads from Rang Hill Dental to Central, same side as the Dental.

• 2 weeks later...

There is an excellent new little hamburger place, opposite the go-kart before the patong hill in kathu, they make 100% homemade burger for very affordable price, i have been eating there for a while and only can recommend them, however sometimes they not open for days which is absolutely normal here gigglem.gif

Five Loaves Burgers?

This one next the swiss bakery? They open again since 04.04..

Tried them today and their burgers are good. Will go back again.

Green Tamarind Kitchen is open again. Went there for the first time over the last weekend and the burger was nice, staff and owner friendly. A nice atmosphere. The burger was good but the bun a bit burned at the top. The meat and cheese were excellent though. I'd go again.

Five Loaves Burgers?

This one next the swiss bakery? They open again since 04.04..

Tried them today and their burgers are good. Will go back again.

I don't think 5 Loaves is what HHJoe was referring to, since as you mentioned, its only been open for 3 days now. Every time I go past there, I look for the place HHJoe mentioned, but can't seem to find it.

Since you've been to 5 Loaves, can you share any more info (pricing, selection, etc)?

They offer beef/ australien beef/ chicken/pork burger.

I took menu 2. Cheese burger+fries+drink for 135baht. GF took pork burger for 49baht. On my burger they forgot the cheese so i got one more burger complimentary. Over all taste was good. To my surprise also the GF said aroi maag and she is not into burgers. Will go again and try next the ausi burger.

post-95380-0-24061300-1460079150_thumb.j