Best hamburger in Phuket

Somtamnication

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So why not have a burger get together at your place? biggrin.png Got a garden? We invite ourselves over, bring the ground beef, any drinking juice you want in the house and we just eat, eat and just eat. wub.png

Hamburger with drinking juice whistling.gif I prefer mine with some beer. wink.png

Never had food-poisoning........ever.

Must be because of all the dirt I used to eat as a toddler.

Really - never. We are going off topic here, but over the years I have had food poisoning (bad stomach then the shits) from at least 2 well known Phuket restaurants (which I will not name). Just bad luck, but I don't go back. But I can the say same about most countries I have lived.

Or as pointed out earlier it was not a well known Phuket restaurant to blame but the problems were caused by the fried chicken you had the day before.

And IrishIvan the fact that Thai hygienic standards are not the same as in the west does not have any influence on incubation time of food poisoning.

So why not have a burger get together at your place? biggrin.png Got a garden? We invite ourselves over, bring the ground beef, any drinking juice you want in the house and we just eat, eat and just eat. wub.png

Hamburger with drinking juice whistling.gif I prefer mine with some beer. wink.png

in for burger and beer clap2.gif.pagespeed.ce.z5euFoXm0J.gif

The best hamburger has bacon, cheese and GUACAMOLE.

No where to be found in Phuket but where I come from there is a place that makes a double patty, double bacon, double cheese and a mound of guacamole on it, we used to refer to it as "the cardiac burger".

Substitute the double cheese slices with gorgonzola.

It's amazing how defensive some of the old-timers get when I comment on their obsession with cheeseburgers in a tropical paradise.

Raw nerve?

Raw nerve?

No, it's your ridiculous supposition that you should eat Thai food only when in Thailand.

Not a single poster has supported you on your position.

Are you one of those weird farang that think themselves more "Thai" than the Thais?

What's you position on Thais that eat and enjoy Western food?

It's amazing how defensive some of the old-timers get when I comment on their obsession with cheeseburgers in a tropical paradise.

Raw nerve?

Raw nerve?

No, it's your ridiculous supposition that you should eat Thai food only when in Thailand.

Not a single poster has supported you on your position.

Are you one of those weird farang that think themselves more "Thai" than the Thais?

What's you position on Thais that eat and enjoy Western food?

Probably he is a newbie to Phuket KB. Most of the rookies go through the "Thainess" faze at around the 18 month mark. Normally its exceptionally cheap farang that wouldnt want to splurge 120 baht on a burger when you can get a 30 baht pad thai.

With regards to burgers I reckon Bangkok burger rocks but they were closed down (I think) on Bangla when I was there last night. Or its moved or something. I was fairly hammered and in "homing pigeon mode" by the time I was fangin for a burger

Ivan: Karen knows I am not a newbie -- check the post history.

To spell it out for you (both): Cheeseburgers in Phuket are code for cultural illiteracy.

Most of the regular posters to the community forums on TV cannot communicate well in Thai, let alone write or read the language.

How do you view immigrants in your homeland who cannot speak or read the national language? With disdain perhaps?

So, you can assume the same from locals.

Yes, retreat to the Forum to discuss cheeseburgers and fish&chips. But know that it only exposes your inability to adapt, while you wait out your days....

To spell it out for you (both): Cheeseburgers in Phuket are code for cultural illiteracy.

Most of the regular posters to the community forums on TV cannot communicate well in Thai, let alone write or read the language.

How do you view immigrants in your homeland who cannot speak or read the national language? With disdain perhaps?

Yes, retreat to the Forum to discuss cheeseburgers and fish&chips. But know that it only exposes your inability to adapt, while you wait out your days....

But you are here to asert that you are indeed a linguist and a culinary expert. Thanks heaps for that. Do you wear yellow shirts on mondays and wear Buddha amulets?

Maybe sometimes people fang for a burger or pie. I know I do. You retreat to the Thai forum to re inforce your Thainess and superiority to the world.

I think you folks have missed the point:

You shouldn't travel half-way around the world to a tropical island paradise to eat cheese burgers...

No, I think that you're missing the point. Those of us who actually live here generally enjoy Thai food in all of it's variances. That's not to say that we lose appetite for foods from our origins, whether we cook it ourselves or buy from an outlet.

One of the primary attractions of Phuket as a place of long term residence is it's variety and options, food being one of them. It's also good to share recommendations and experiences so that others can benefit from them. All down to personal taste (sic) of course.

Good point. If I cannot have fish and chips or a decent burger, I go crazy!!!wub.png

I had no idea some posters have the delusion that once we are in Thailand, we have to eat rice 15 times a day! sick.gif

Lol, apparently eating rice 15 times a day makes one far more Thai than those of us who enjoy eating a good ole burger every now and then. wai2.gif

I speak Thai, have lived here nearly three decades and still enjoy a cheese-burger. How do you reconcile that in your narrow world view?

It sounds like you are a snob. A cultural snob, but, a snob none-the-less.........

@ TaoNow

Should not read your avatar ThaiNow ?

You seen to be very proud at being a fake Thai

Why on earth do you get so upset about us (falang who live here for along, long time) talking about a good cheeseburger?

Is that all that you do all day long

-pretending to be more Thai than the Thais are- well I got news for you mate ! MacDonalds is doing really good in Thailand and 80 % of their costumers are Thai !

Edited by LivinginKata
unacceptable remarks removed

around Rawai I have not found anyplace that sells a good tasting cheese burger.

Even the hamburger at villa is taste less thai-french beef

Maybe now the new Makro in Chalong is open I can get some Aussie hamburger to make my own at home.

Yes I i live in Thailand and sometimes eat thai food if there is nothing else to eat but I not come to Thailand for the food.

Have to agreee the Cheers burgers are spewville one bite and toss everytime...grooss

around Rawai I have not found anyplace that sells a good tasting cheese burger.

Even the hamburger at villa is taste less thai-french beef

Maybe now the new Makro in Chalong is open I can get some Aussie hamburger to make my own at home.

Yes I i live in Thailand and sometimes eat thai food if there is nothing else to eat but I not come to Thailand for the food.

Have to agreee the Cheers burgers are spewville one bite and toss everytime...grooss

Some of those Makro burgers, without saying on the package, have minced onions in them.

Nothing like the taste of super old, frozen then unfrozen minced onions. Terrible.