Tension grows at Government House

webfact

"They accused the police inside Government House of using slingshots against protesters."

Reaaaaaally? They are riot police with their full gear on hand and they would choose to use.. slingshots? Very credible.

Congrats to the police forces for keeping their cool (so far), when facing morons who want to spray shit on them.

Slingshots....kidding yeh ??

Oh sure, and during this 'reform' period they want to install their own 'dear leader' and 'council' to rule the country auto-cratically and then this fascist group will decide when there is 0 'corruption' and then we can have an election.. Its sad that there are people that believe this. There has already been a coup to 'stamp out corruption' and that is not how you end corruption. and the Democrats like Suthep and Sohndi have a history of corruption themselves! More corrupt than Yingluck thats for sure just read sohndi limthongkul wiki page!

Why do you & others keep throwing the dictatorship word around? The anti government protesters want reform followed by free & fair elections plus it certainly has a lot to do with Mr T & if you think otherwise your opinion is way off beam. The current proposed election will not see any changes other than the return of the same old faces spouting the same old clap trap while lining up at the trough.

• Like 2

RT@RichardBarrow: Protesters prepare to spray sewage on police at Government House - RT @go6tv: เตรียมนำน้ำขี้ จากรถส้วมฉีดใส่ตำรวจ pic.twitter.com/keLe2mu1wD

BbQ3YkZCEAAPyho.jpg

Strange how these "Educated Middle Classes" seem to dress in the same way as the "Isaan Rice Farmers"

They don't look very 'elite' to me either.

• Like 1

"They accused the police inside Government House of using slingshots against protesters."

Reaaaaaally? They are riot police with their full gear on hand and they would choose to use.. slingshots? Very credible.

Congrats to the police forces for keeping their cool (so far), when facing morons who want to spray shit on them.

Where does it say faeces is being sprayed?

The protestors in the picture are holding...a hose. There was a threat earlier on to spray the cops with feces. Again no diligent reporting, just obfuscation. Neither side wants the rest of the world to guess what is going on. Recent secret meetings and rumors of meetings point to an escalation to which many will say...oh, the coup just sort of, kind of, almost in an unplanned way just...happened. Mai pen rai.

cheesy.gif

Edited by FangFerang
  • Like 1

Thai protesters cut power to government HQ: police

BANGKOK, December 12, 2013 (AFP) - Thai opposition protesters have cut the electricity and water supplies to the government headquarters in Bangkok to try to force security officials to abandon the besieged premises, police said Thursday.

Bangkok has been shaken by more than a month of mass demonstrations aimed at ousting Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra and installing an unelected government.

Hundreds of protesters massed outside Yingluck's offices Thursday, threatening to force their way into the compound if police do not abandon their positions.

"They have cut power and water at many points at Government House," Lieutenant General Kamronwit Thoopkrajan, commander of the Bangkok Metropolitan Police Bureau, told AFP.

No officials, including Yingluck, were inside the compound at the time, police said.

The prime minister, who has worked from various -- mostly undisclosed -- locations since the unrest flared last week, on Wednesday flew to her hometown of Chiang Mai in northern Thailand where she was greeted at the airport by cheering fans.

Protesters also removed barbed wire defences from the perimeter of the compound which the authorities were working to fix along with the power supply, deputy national police spokesman Anucha Romyanan told AFP.

Thailand has seen several bouts of political turmoil since Yingluck's older brother Thaksin Shinawatra was ousted as premier in a military coup in 2006.

The political conflict broadly pits a Bangkok-based middle class and royalist elite, backed by the military, against rural and working-class voters loyal to Thaksin, who lives in self-exile.

On Monday, Yingluck called an early election -- set for February 2 -- to try to calm the political turmoil but protesters have demanded the government step aside in favour of an unelected "people's council".

Parties allied to the tycoon have won every election since 2001, most recently with a landslide victory under Yingluck in 2011.

Tensions remain high in Bangkok after several days of street clashes earlier this month when police used tear gas, water cannon and rubber bullets against rock-throwing demonstrators outside Government House.

afplogo.jpg
-- (c) Copyright AFP 2013-12-12

anyone noticed that most of the recent press releases are coming from the RED Thai PBS Network

Please name me one, even just one unbiased source from Thailand.

By the way, photos are there to show us what was happening. Or you mean they photoshopped here and there?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by newcomer71

anyone noticed that most of the recent press releases are coming from the RED Thai PBS Network

Please name me one, even just one unbiased source from Thailand.

By the way, photos are there to show us what was happening. Or you mean they photoshopped here and there?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

BlueSky Channel is a good example of an unbiased source.

It is a channel created by the people for the people.

• Like 2

Where does it say faeces is being sprayed?

The protestors in the picture are holding...a hose. There was a threat earlier on to spray the cops with feces. Again no diligent reporting, just obfuscation. Neither side wants the rest of the world to guess what is going on. Recent secret meetings and rumors of meetings point to an escalation to which many will say...oh, the coup just sort of, kind of, almost in an unplanned way just...happened. Mai pen rai.

cheesy.gif

None the less, there is nothing in this report that mentions faeces.

RT@RichardBarrow: Protesters prepare to spray sewage on police at Government House - RT @go6tv: เตรียมนำน้ำขี้ จากรถส้วมฉีดใส่ตำรวจ pic.twitter.com/keLe2mu1wD

BbQ3YkZCEAAPyho.jpg

Strange how these "Educated Middle Classes" seem to dress in the same way as the "Isaan Rice Farmers"

They don't look very 'elite' to me either.

Ohh, you got no clue, this is the latest fashion from Siam Paragon.

FWIW, if I was going to be camping out on the streets of BKK for days at a day as a protester, face getting tear gassed and water cannon sprayed by the police, along with who knows what else, I don't think I'd be wearing my Sunday's best attire.

That, and, a photo showing a random couple of people doesn't necessarily demographically represent just who all the masses out there are or where they come from.

• Like 1

Threatened to spray the BiB with feces, huh? Gee, why don't they come up with an original idea that would actually change their appearance?

They could try pouring blood all over the street in front of Government House like the Red Shirts did in front of the PMs house last time when it was their turn to act like a*&holes!