Good tv series

beechbum

Just Dling "Taboo" a UK miniseries.

1814. James Delaney reappears in London, a changed and haunted man, presumed dead in Africa many years before. His return finds his father, Horace Delaney, dead and a country at war with France and the United States. Set to inherit what’s left of his father’s shipping empire, James’ arrival not only threatens to disrupt the plans of his half‐sister Zilpha and her husband Thorne, but also the political ambitions of the mighty East India Company, chaired by Sir Stuart Strange.

3 hours ago, SooKee said:

Really haven't enjoyed this season of the Walking Dead at all. The ENDLESS drawling monologue from Negan whenever he's in any episode just as me reaching for the remote to fast forward it. Boring as hell this season. If they knock off Rosita that'll be it for me 5555.

I have really enjoyed this season, and the last. And the Negan monologues, for me, were some of the high points - I laughed out loud at times, eg. the "I'm 50% more into you now" comment after he got slapped by the chubby girl.

Roll on Feb 12.

I know it's not a recent series (last season 7 aired in 2015) but I'm an absolute fan of Nurse Jackie that deserves to be more known than it is/was.

I've just finished the season 7 finale and I already miss it :smile:

It has to be the best crafted characters I have ever seen in a series, every episode is a cliffhanger. The writers have made an extraordinary job making the situations believable, the story addicting and the characters lovable. 

• Like 1

Having notice the enormous noms on the actress (Priyanka Chopra)who presented Billy Bob Thornton with his award at the Golden Globes (golden globes being quite appropriate I thought) I found that she stars in Quantico. The plot is a bit thin but I can live with that (and her ample assets!). Season 2 is currently on the net. 

Priyanka-Chopra-Makeup-Hair-Golden-Globes-2017.jpg

30 degrees in febuary is a swedish tv show about a bunch of swedish people who have found their way to our little part of paradise. just watched ep1 and it was ok, i loved the swedish guy meets a bangla bar girl on the internet, gets off the plane, goes straight to the bar and, well you have to watch

• Like 1

"Hell on wheels"

well done western and about the building of the rr across America

"Designated Survivor"

"Gangland undercover"

"homeland 5"  was very good

Thought "walking dead 7 "was almost unwatchable.to far removed from where the series started

• Like 2

17 hours ago, steve2112 said:

30 degrees in febuary is a swedish tv show about a bunch of swedish people who have found their way to our little part of paradise. just watched ep1 and it was ok, i loved the swedish guy meets a bangla bar girl on the internet, gets off the plane, goes straight to the bar and, well you have to watch

Where can this show be found?

On 11/01/2017 at 9:01 PM, steve2112 said:

I just watched the first episode and this show is surprisingly good. 

It's also kind of weird to see familiar places around Phuket on the show.

13 hours ago, oilinki said:

I just watched the first episode and this show is surprisingly good. 

It's also kind of weird to see familiar places around Phuket on the show.

Me too.  Good show, but I can already see trouble on the horizon with all the well known issues.   That guy in the wheelchair is a crank.

46 minutes ago, AJBangkok said:

Just finished watching shut eye, a tv series about a con man physic who after a beating starts having real visions. Lots of good actors so worth a watch.

Downloading now, mainly because it has Jeffrey Donovan as the lead. One of my favourite small screen actors (Burn Notice & Fargo).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:01 PM, steve2112 said:

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:05 PM, beechbum said:

Just noticed Netflix has it on now.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A few series that have started again: Billions, Homeland, Suits, Black Sails...A new one: Legions episode 1 (havent looked yet), also John le Carré's SS_GB (2 episodes) high hopes for this...love his books.

• Like 1

Just finished Sneaky Pete, excellent!!!  An Amazon Original, not checked to see if it's available outside of Prime Video:  "A con man on the run from a vicious gangster takes cover by assuming the identity of his prison cellmate, Pete, reuniting with his estranged family, that threatens to drag him into a world just as dangerous as the one he's escaping."

For any Australians out there I just watched the first episode of Hoges the life story of Paul Hogan, it was pretty good but I don't know if my view was skewed from being able to remember living through some of the events and watching his TV show when I was a kid. It's on Kodi but you may be able to find it elsewhere.

• Like 2

ABP is good.

Lighthearted story of billionaire engineer, who has both the skills and reason to redefine what police department should be.   

One of my favourite shows currently.