3 hours ago, worgeordie said:

FBI  series 1, pilot, looking good, FBI office New York,

this one dealing with MS13 bombings.

regards Worgeordie

Yup. FBI seems like a good new series. 

2 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Lethal Weapon series 3 , episode 1, out now

regards worgeordie

One of the things I like about Lethal Weapon is how they made the wife of the 2nd detective as lovely as she is. I'd marry her. 

On 9/1/2018 at 2:59 AM, Old Croc said:

Watched the first episode of Bodyguard and am a bit unsure if I'll bother with more.

I initially thought it was in some sort of eastern European language and was looking for subtitles to work out what was being said.  I eventually twigged the main character was speaking in a form of English, but it sounded like he had a deep fried mars bar in his mouth.  

Then this guy suddenly developed a deep affection for the would be suicide bomber who was about to blow up the train, and his children, and obstructed the anti-terrorist squad from taking her out.

I shouldn't have been surprised considering it's a BBC production, but the part that got to me was the unrealistic amount of woman in all the main jobs. The anti-terrorist squad leader, their sniper and the bomb defusing expert were all female. When he got back to the office, his lady boss promoted him to look after the Home Secretary, also a very strong woman. I got sick of hearing him say "Yes Mum" every couple of minutes. Even his ex treats him like crap, and she has taken a new lover. I'm laying odds on that person's gender fitting the theme.

The head of the UK security service was a woman as was the home secretary.  Regarding being unable to understand English- get a hearing aid or develop your listening skills to a sufficient level to be classified as an English Language speaker. I can understand all British accents, South African, Indian   Singaporean,  even American and Australian.  It does require a degree of cosmopolitan experience and intelligence. The Bodyguard has received world wide praise and in the UK generated the highest viewing figures for a drama since 1992.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, The manic said:

The head of the UK security service was a woman as was the home secretary.  Regarding being unable to understand English- get a hearing aid or develop your listening skills to a sufficient level to be classified as an English Language speaker. I can understand all British accents, South African, Indian   Singaporean,  even American and Australian.  It does require a degree of cosmopolitan experience and intelligence. The Bodyguard has received world wide praise and in the UK generated the highest viewing figures for a drama since 1992.

Pls stay on topic. There is no need to pxss around in this great topic. Thanks.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, The manic said:

A more astute reader would have picked up on the humorous aspect of my take on the actors accent. I can only advise the more slow witted that I have travelled the world extensively, including through Scotland, and, through my former work, have had to acquire special skills regarding language and accents. I have conducted scores (probably hundreds) of interviews, with many nationalities, using interpreters and other means. I'm highly, and formally, trained in body language and listening skills. (I'm not going to discuss my former employment beyond this, I'm long retired)

I realize sometimes my words here go over the top of some posters and generally try to write to the reader. I'll tone it down even more for any future, unlikely, interaction with yourself.

I didn't particularly enjoy Bodyguard for a number of reasons and I won't watch any more episodes.  

Manifest is an interesting idea. It's kind of funny thought that nobody of the passengers seems to really wonder how they just broke space and time. Everybody seems to just go forward with their lives.

I'm guessing, at the later stage of this series, all comes to saving the one young boys life, who is going to do something magnificent in the future. 

I can't stop watching Peep show.
It's about a decade old but is funny as can be.
British T.V is some of the best.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

Have you checked out “ Back “ same guys ( Mitchell and Webb ) has similar storyline, Mitchell unable to fit in ! and Webb a waster sponging off everyone else !!
Worth a look

Currently only 1 series of 6 episodes but series 2 is supposedly out this year .
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Have you checked out “ Back “ same guys ( Mitchell and Webb ) has similar storyline, Mitchell unable to fit in ! and Webb a waster sponging off everyone else !!
Worth a look

Currently only 1 series of 6 episodes but series 2 is supposedly out this year .
I'll search it up now. Thanks.
Those two are a great duo.

Sent from my EVA-L19 using Tapatalk

On 9/29/2018 at 10:10 AM, Andrew Dwyer said:

Worth a look

'Not going out' with Lee Mack is very funny.

Mystery Road and Goldstone (very cute Chinese hookers) were very good. I'll move onto the series next. Bing-watched 37 Days last night about the build up to WW1- very well done.

Tried the first two episodes of the new Magnum (the rest is delayed due to the weather in Hawaii in Aug)- he's no Tom Selleck and the old vibe just isn't there but OK if you watch in isolation.

Last of S2 of Get Shorty airs tmrw so should be on the web by Monday. Elementary available as a full season download as well.

21 hours ago, Psimbo said:

I forgot Buddy- one of the few really good American comedies recently- Henry Winkler is hilarious.

I can't find any TV shows called "Buddy", or were you maybe thinking about the show "Barry"?

Sophon

6 hours ago, Sophon said:

I can't find any TV shows called "Buddy", or were you maybe thinking about the show "Barry"?

Sophon

Yes, you're right, I was initially confused too.

Winkler and Hader both won Emmys for their roles

16 minutes ago, tifino said:

how I can set up a system to watch tv series from the internet for free or otherwise. D

I recommend get a good phone with mhl to hdmi TV cable connection or wireless casting to TV with miracast dongle. I recommend the first option.  Get a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

Don't bother with android boxes.

Use Tea TV app and mobdro app.

Get one month 4mbps sim happy dtac Internet. About 500 a month. Stick with happy dtac. Only one that has net speed boost.

That's all you need.  

Happy watching.

P.s

Quote was from kapitiam actually

Edited by stud858