Good tv series

beechbum

For me it was just good TV and frankly these days it’s getting hard to come by if your not a fan of tv shows about comic book characters ( which I’m not ).

BTW I read there is a breaking bad movie in the works so that will be something to look forward to.

• Like 2

Thoroughly enjoyed Informer, just binned House of Cards last night after about 20 minutes, it was awful. Watched 2nd hand Lions with Duvall and Caine instead- an excellent film. I had difficulty with Pine gap but may come back to it.

Just downloading Rake S5- Cleaver's in Parliament now so will be binge-watching it.

2 hours ago, Psimbo said:

Thoroughly enjoyed Informer, just binned House of Cards last night after about 20 minutes, it was awful. Watched 2nd hand Lions with Duvall and Caine instead- an excellent film. I had difficulty with Pine gap but may come back to it.

Just downloading Rake S5- Cleaver's in Parliament now so will be binge-watching it.

I really enjoy the Cal McGregor character in Rake

• Like 1

S5 of Rake was superb and a binge-watch. The characters just seem to get better.

Also watched the Rob Reiner film Shock and Awe with Woody Harrelson about the buildup to the disastrous invasion and aftermath in Iraq. If only people had believed the intelligence instead of the politicians the world would probably be a safer place today.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2018 at 1:29 PM, Timbob said:

Series 3 of 'The Last Kingdom' is now on Netflix. I really enjoyed the first two series on the BBC of this 'Netflix Original' (their words)!

Yeah, apparently Netflix bought it out and it's coming back for season 4 as well!

• Like 1

I think some one previously mentioned this film I watched yesterday. (Not a TV series, sorry).  The Ballard Of Buster Scruggs by the Cohen brothers.

About life and death in the old west. Not all will like it, but I consider it brilliant.

Warning!!!  Spoiler alert for the link!!!!!

https://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/coen-brothers-turn-over-a-new-chapter-or-six-in-the-ballad-of-buster-scruggs-20181127-p50ipn.html

1 hour ago, Old Croc said:

I think some one previously mentioned this film I watched yesterday. (Not a TV series, sorry).  The Ballard Of Buster Scruggs by the Cohen brothers.

About life and death in the old west. Not all will like it, but I consider it brilliant.

https://www.watoday.com.au/entertainment/tv-and-radio/coen-brothers-turn-over-a-new-chapter-or-six-in-the-ballad-of-buster-scruggs-20181127-p50ipn.html

great performance by Tom Waits

• Like 1

Certainly an unusual type of
‘Western’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, Old Croc said:

Unusual but it is the Coen Brothers. I found myself "wandering" during a couple of the sketches which rather overdid the dialogue but overall enjoyed it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For those who can appreciate the quirky, deadpan and, for some of us, hilariously written series "Patriot", the entire second series was released 3 or 4 weeks ago.

It picks up from the first series where the Luxemburg Police Skirts and Stockings unit, continues to investigate the first murders in the country for centuries.

Watch if you know, or want to know, what The Vantasner Danger Meridian is, and always remember -"It’s important to properly assess danger. Otherwise, next thing you know, you have a freighter laying across your quarter bilt, halfway up your kort nozzle."

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4687882/

• Like 1