Lite Beer

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Death penalty is only the law in barbarian countries

There are still executions in Thailand. You just don't hear about them.

Thaksin was the worst perpetrator, with his extra judicial executions.

He was as bad, if not worse than Kim Jong Un.

If you are refering to the war on drugs, don't forget that it had the overwhelming support of the Thai people. It's only the soft-hearted Farangs on here who shed tears for the drug pushers who were the scourge of working class families.

Except that a lot of those executed in these extra judicial killings were not pushers. They were drug users, ex-drug users, or just plain expendable in the eyes of their killers, but they were not the evil that lies behind the drug trade. Those scum still walk free.

In our village they only popped off the correct guys and the village made a party after that

Really? Correct guys? Some deserve to die do they? Who decides that? Who controls the death squads? What if they decide others deserve to die? Got a bullet proof vest ready I hope.

Edited by Bluespunk

The North Koreans take them out back and execute them on the spot. The Chinese may still do that. Maybe the North Korean model is what Suthep is talking about. On the spot, shoot from the hip.

And the family is billed for the bullet.

But they would only have to do 2 or 3, & Thailand would become a completely different place!

'Corrupt politicians should face death term'

Suppose, as humans are corrupt since birth, we all will eventually been given the death penalty wink.png .

I am fully, absolutely against any kind of corruption even if it's to my own benefit, although
occasionally, I might buy one specific brand of batteries because I get a free torch or I might
book a specific hotel because I get FREE wifi, toiletries, airport transfer........ incentives.

If we are giving the death penalty for something as vague as "corruption", tomorrow we will
be shot because someone else's perception of what we just might or might not have done or
what we might or might not believe in.

Who should get the death penalty, the one who receives or demands an "incentive" or the one
who offers or is asked for a donation for a specific service? Would there be a "value" limit
between life imprisonment and death penalty? Eg: Corrupting the gods with candles and mirth
for a better after-life would just give life imprisonment whilst having to pay the waiter 200 Baht
in order to get the nice table down by the beach, the waiter would get shot.Where would be this
line between legal or illegal. Who would the plaintiff be, the donor of a gift or the receiver of
the donation?

What one perceives as corruption, someone else might believe it's an offering or donation.
What one nation, one society or tribe perceives as corruption someone else will not.
We do it every day in a way or an other, be it with our children, at school or at work. We
do it in the temples, churches, synagogues and mosques. Corruption, donations, offerings.
Be it for money, goods or spiritual well being but always for our personal gain.

BUT

If there should ever be a death penalty, I recon first of all we dismantle all religious entities,
ban them for 5 years of taking up office, then shoot them after one year. They all promise
me good luck and a smashing afterlife if I buy candles, mirth, flowers or hang some $$$
to some sticks

Next all political parties, politicians and of course, the tax man. They all promise stuff for
my personal gain if I first vote for them, then pay taxes to them. So same, ban them for
5 years of taking up office, then shoot them right after the verdict. Could be done right

in front of everyone in court by the judge before he shoot's himself.

Let's shoot the Teachers, Receptionists, Taxi Drivers, Traffic Wardens and not to
forget, our parents too, before we shoot ourselves as we all are guilty of corrupting
or being corrupted in a way or an other at some point in our life's

That Suthep of all people should propose that.... It should be a fair indication for any sane person watching that he's completely lost it.

And the question is, are Thai magistrates to be trusted with that kind of law? The courts already have too much power and too little oversight as it is, let's not make it worse.

Death penalty is only the law in barbarian countries

There are still executions in Thailand. You just don't hear about them.

Thaksin was the worst perpetrator, with his extra judicial executions.

He was as bad, if not worse than Kim Jong Un.

If you are refering to the war on drugs, don't forget that it had the overwhelming support of the Thai people. It's only the soft-hearted Farangs on here who shed tears for the drug pushers who were the scourge of working class families.

Unfortunately, many were subsequently found to be innocent as the police went on a murder spree.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, many were subsequently found to be innocent as the police went on a murder spree.

Apparently murder, like corruption, is OK with some people, as long as it's popular.

I don't understand all those red supporters beign against this if Suthep is so corrupt (and he could well be i doubt he is a saint) he would be caught and prosecuted too if he was corrupt.

Even if you think the guy is a complete idiot ( i might even agree) if he can affect this kind of change it would be good for the whole of Thailand.

you know, I agree with your post 100% you will not get quoted as it is way too sensible for a lot of newbies that have appeared here because they are part of the problem

There is a huge scam going on in Thailand - the reds and PTP and the Thaksin family are part of it, they are all getting their pockets filled very nicely so they don't want it to stop, I suspect the military are also getting a fairly large chunk, I am not a supporter of yellows dems reds or whatever, I am a supporter of justice for the Thai people

I admire sutheps attempt to try and stamp it out, it was always going to be a big challenge

There are probably a few people in this country that are part of the massive scam that could very easily become heros for Thailand and go to the media and blow the whole thing out of the water and come clean, they would be remembered in Thai history as brave people who turned against the power and corruption and told all

Wouldn't it be interesting if an announcement was made that those who come forward now with evidence of the corruption that has been going on even if they were part of it would be granted immunity and allowed to keep the spoils - those are the brave people that Thailand would remember, the people that changed this country forever

I don't know why, but I'm finding the re-runs of the "Roadrunner" cartoons more logical than Thai politics, especially with regard to this bloke.

I mean, Wile E. Coyote at least had a plan, and he followed through religiously in his objective.

Oh wait, I see the connection to Thai politics now - his plans were always ludicrous and he usually blew himself up and never actually achieved anything.blink.png

The Village idiot

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=jF-CkMpQtlY

My apologies to Gsxnz is you thought my comment was directed at you as it was definitely not. I was refering to Suthep and not yourself.

It's more than interesting, closer to amazing to read how, over 200 years ago, George Washington described, predicted the broken down, failed, practise of democracy.

His Farewell address is on Wikipedia.

Here are some excerpts ala Washington, pertaining to Political Parties, aka Gangs.

[political parties must be restrained in a popularly elected government because of their tendency to distract the government from their duties, create unfounded jealousies among groups and regions, raise false alarms amongst the people, promote riots and insurrection, and provide foreign nations and interests access to the government where they can impose their will upon the country. Moreover, Washington makes the case that "the alternate domination" of one party over another and coinciding efforts to exact revenge upon their opponents have led to horrible atrocities, and "is itself a frightful despotism. But this leads at length to a more formal and permanent despotism." From Washington's perspective and judgment, the tendency of political parties toward permanent despotism is because they eventually and "gradually incline the minds of men to seek security and repose in the absolute power of an individual." ] He wrote Today's News 2 Centuries ago!!!

• Like 1

Thing is? How can anybody, [heads not in sand], on this Planet, STILL, believe in democrazy??? screw your [if it worked the way it was supposed to,,, BLAH blah Blah] Thing is! It's not capable, by Design, of proper function.

& your [Well if it had good leaders]??? ,,, blah Blah blah. Same/Same with autocracies, communism, even anarchy.

They would ALL be great, maybe even as civilized as bee hives {IF} the right people were running them. *CanNOT happen, System Flaws prevent.

Truth is? Every Governing System we have, ever, been Subjects of, ALL of Them, Rely on DUMB luck as to who will sit in those rooms where all the Monies flow.

Truth is! We are capable of Designing Corruption-proof political architecture. I've gone ahead and done it.

Leadership CAN be by Experience, Competence, Fairness, ;;; by Design!!!;; and Our Tax Monies CAN be kept out of the pockets of the Corrupt.

Edited by yellow1red1

Thing is? How can anybody, [heads not in sand], on this Planet, STILL, believe in democrazy??? screw your [if it worked the way it was supposed to,,, BLAH blah Blah] Thing is! It's not capable, by Design, of proper function.

& your [Well if it had good leaders]??? ,,, blah Blah blah. Same/Same with autocracies, communism, even anarchy.

They would ALL be great, maybe even as civilized as bee hives {IF} the right people were running them. *CanNOT happen, System Flaws prevent.

Truth is? Every Governing System we have, ever, been Subjects of, ALL of Them, Rely on DUMB luck as to who will sit in those rooms where all the Monies flow.

Truth is! We are capable of Designing Corruption-proof political architecture. I've gone ahead and done it.

Leadership CAN be by Experience, Competence, Fairness, ;;; by Design!!!;; and Our Tax Monies CAN be kept out of the pockets of the Corrupt.

It seems like you've not only lost faith in democracy, but in grammar as well.

• Like 1

Democracy, grammar all rules We don't need no stinking rules!

Well, the death sentence would be fine, but how about simple conviction? Thailand is amongst the countries in the world that make the least effort to pursue corrupt politicians, police, or govt. officials. And if and when they are pursued do they ever receive jail terms? So, this talk of a death sentence is a little over the top. How about law enforcement first?

• Like 1

Because of people like you, apparently we do. Chaos is not the answer.

• Like 1

Because of people like you, apparently we do. Chaos is not the answer.

Really? Can you demonstrate any proof to that statement? I mean things are working so well right now and all

As for the forum that nobody is attending, how were the Dems going to attend anyway as they have all resigned?

*Facepalm* Just because they have resigned as MPs (a few hours before the house got dissolved anyway, so as of now there ARE no MPs) doesn't mean they can't attend a public forum that has nothing to do with parliament and to which they were specifically invited.

Well, the death sentence would be fine, but how about simple conviction? Thailand is amongst the countries in the world that make the least effort to pursue corrupt politicians, police, or govt. officials. And if and when they are pursued do they ever receive jail terms? So, this talk of a death sentence is a little over the top. How about law enforcement first?

Corruption is corruption.

There is no simple or difficult conviction.

Yeah, I know those thoughts. Me and most of my classmates thought so, during our

rebellious teenage and student years BUT being a lot older now, I understand very

well, humans are not considerate and compassionate enough to be able to live a social

life without having rules.

Off course, the more complex our society is, the more rules there will need to be.

Stating that we don't need no rules, is pretty immature.

As much we might disagree with those stinking rules, we still DO need rules!!

Ahem.

Wasn't he implicated up to his eyeballs in a scandal?

He doen't seem to have thought this out. If this law was already in force he and members of his own family would more than likely have already been executed given the Phuket and Samui land grabs and conflict of interest case.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How many times has he been to court and how many times has he been found guilty and sent to jail?

How many times has Thaksin been to court and found guilty and sent to jail?

Guilty once, jail never because HE skipped bail and became a convicted criminal fugitive.

He is at liberty to return to Thailand to serve his sentence at any time. Only He is delaying it.

I agree with you entirely about Thaksin. He should never have been bailed.

As for Suthep, he too has escaped justice as do the vast majority of corrupt politicians here.

It needs someone who has not benefitted from corruption, and has always refused to recognise that, who needs to lead a fight like this.

Sent from my GT-I9003 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I think that it is not credible to refuse bail to a citizen whose only conviction was for a misdemeanor that would not have attracted a custodial sentence in any western nation..

Yeah, I know those thoughts. Me and most of my classmates thought so, during our

rebellious teenage and student years BUT being a lot older now, I understand very

well, humans are not considerate and compassionate enough to be able to live a social

life without having rules.

Off course, the more complex our society is, the more rules there will need to be.

Stating that we don't need no rules, is pretty immature.

As much we might disagree with those stinking rules, we still DO need rules!!

You and your classmates thought that up all on your own did you? Maybe you should have thought it all the way through and realized that all the "rules" do is keep the general population in line as the ones in power making your cherished rules bend them and break them at will without fear of consequences. Perhaps in a society which at least does lipservice to the concept of eglitarianism you might have a point, but here in the enchanted kingdom were elitism has been raised to a near religious fervor you are really out of your depth. Maybe you and your classmates should reconsider your conclusions.