Clues that you are getting old -- what are some Thai expat specific ones?

Jingthing

when -at a hotel check-in- you are asked (referring to your wife) "will the young lady share your suite or will she have a separate room?"

Lucky sod.........................laugh.png

[/quot

A similar experience. On a Cathay flight BKK to HKG sitting with my much younger Thai GF, involved in conversation, and the female flight attendant giving me a dirty look and saying to her "there are empty seats over there if you would like more room!" To think I paid business class fares for this great travel experience. Actually the GF is about to become my wife and we often have a good laugh about this.

I hope the Bra was a 40 BB..............intheclub.gif.pagespeed.ce.TVIbELwsxN.gi

Not quite - but I prefer quality to quantity.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

when -at a hotel check-in- you are asked (referring to your wife) "will the young lady share your suite or will she have a separate room?"

Lucky sod.........................laugh.png

i am lucky. but not in the way you think. Mrs Naam is 7 years younger than me.

You feel like going for a drink, but you remember that all the bars you used to like were torn down years ago and replaced with shopping malls and condos.

People start offering you their seat on the skytrain (hasn't happened to me yet, but the day is coming).

Well it hasn't happened to me yet on the skytrain, but recently in Kuala Lumpur on the LRT a very polite Malaysian Chinese girl offered me her seat! I declined equally politely. When I arrived back at the hotel to be greeted by my GF at the door I immediately chased her round the room a few times and felt much better.

Back to BKK on the BTS, I offered my seat to a very pregnant lady only to see a Thai male teenager try to beat her to it! He was rightly admonished by an elderly Thai gentleman. I would have thrown him out when the train passed over the next expressway but I could not open the door.

I can remember doing business before mobile phones and calculators (abacus notwithstanding) -- and doing mental arithmetic in £.s.d. Try totalling 9 items at 5/11½ in you head smile.png

Edited by jpinx

I can remember doing business before mobile phones and calculators (abacus notwithstanding) -- and doing mental arithmetic in £.s.d. Try totalling 9 items at 5/7½ in you head smile.png

what are mobile phones????

"mobile phones" = phones in automobiles. when used in prisons they are called "cell phones". cigarette lighters which look like small phones are called "phony phones".

• Like 1

When I learnt to fly, flying was dangerous and sex was safe. Look at my TV photo to see the type of aircraft in which I learnt to fly. I did not get out and sit on the wing - but my instructor said that he did a few times (but not with me flying).

When I learnt to fly, flying was dangerous and sex was safe. Look at my TV photo to see the type of aircraft in which I learnt to fly. I did not get out and sit on the wing - but my instructor said that he did a few times (but not with me flying).

You're a lucky guy.

Nothing personal, but I prefer 'bra'less.

You're a lucky guy.

Nothing personal, but I prefer 'bra'less.

Me too. Bra refers to my initials.

This list of some signs you are getting old (well, middle aged actually) is rather funny. Some are universal (such as hair growing in the ears) and some are British specific.

MAJIC, on 18 Dec 2013 - 05:21, said:

You know you are getting old when at the end of a busy day,you are actually looking forward to going to bed.................alone.

Your condition must be a specific one.

Writing stupid or insulting one liners on TV

Off topic but......one of my dreams is to get the chance to fly in a bi-plane. The first plane my father ever flew in (as a passenger) was a de Havilland Tiger Moth.