Nibbles48

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just for curiosity which town is this ?

I'm convinced that these things also happens because foreigners allow them to happen, be that because they don't realize, or misplaced generosity (of the type, "Oh, 100 Bt is nothing to me! And this person works so hard!)

Nakhon Ratchasima Town.

Agree with UG

But on the 0.0001% chance it is not a troll post

so must pay falang price if they are for him

Why didn't your wife just say...No these pants are not for the falang

He only buys good pants

These are for my dad

Because in saying so, she would have subjected to the flawed, predatory attitude of the shop owner. Surprise for you, a trouser deal is not worth a lie - ever.

She had 100 times your spine in saying things as they are: keep it.

• Like 2

Sorry, but I find this incredibly difficult to believe.

I have had store and market stall vendors trying it on with me on goods that are not priced, but never in my whole 30 years in Thailand had anything so blatant as a store owner chasing out of a shop demanding extra money for priced up items because it was bought for a farang, plus how did the staff member at the beauticians know the OP`s wife was married to a farang if he was not there? Unless this particular staff member had psychic powers?

"Incredibly hard to believe" ??? Are you from Mars? That happens every day in Thailand.

Then, learn to read the FULL posting, not just what makes your apologetic, drunk response.

No beauty salon, clothing store. And the OP was just there outside having a cig, and Thais, you know, got eyes.

I've been married for 12 years and this has never happened to us.

• Like 1

Anyone else have a bizarre double charging incident that went beyond the pail?

I'm from beyond the pale (Ireland outside Dublin and Kildare area) and I have never been double charged there for anything. I have been charged extra in Thailand though, but not in the circumstance you outlined.

Many years ago we experienced something like the beautician scenario when a girl running a clothing stall chatted to my wife in Thai, hoping she would get me to pay double the correct price for some clothing so they could split the difference between them. Result was a lost sale and one fuming wife :)

• Like 1

[quote@

Maybe it's time to go out shopping more.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Life must be extremely difficult for you in Thailand.

I think if some of you chose your partners better and married more attractive wives, than they wouldn`t have to visit the beauticians so often and risk being double charged for being married to farangs.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

Sorry, but I find this incredibly difficult to believe.

That is because it is a load of crap. I've been here a long time and no Thai is going to lose money to make some imaginary point. They may try to charge you more in the first place, but not refund money and make no sale at all to "get" a farang after something is already sold. rolleyes.gif

I call crap on it as well, just someone who's bored who thought he'd rehash a common thread on TV with a walter mitty tale, Just my opinion...bah.gifbah.gif

• Like 1

Maybe it's time to go out shopping more.

Sent from my GT-I9070 using Tapatalk

Life must be extremely difficult for you in Thailand.

I think if some of you chose your partners better and married more attractive wives, than they wouldn`t have to visit the beauticians so often and risk being double charged for being married to farangs.

cheesy.gif ....I'll second that....some very scarey movies out there.