Can any ping pong show be recommended at all?

Shoeboat

Friends and acquaintances visiting Thailand almost always want to see a ping pong show, and mostly it's the western women who want this experience. I know Patpong is the place to go but to see one of these shows without getting stung for 800 baht per small beer??

IS there anywhere?

As for ladyboy caberets, the only one I know of is on Sukhumvit in the Nana area.

Suggestions welcome anyway. I want these nice European ladies to experience everything they want to in this city, without falling victim to the deception and criminality which Thailand continues to let itself down on.

True story....

Friend of a work colleague of mine lost his eyeball after it became infected by a ping pong ball at one of those shows directly hit his eye ball. It festered in Thailand and was removed back in Australia. Poor bastid.

There are a lot of ping pong shows on True visions sports channels which are probably more entertaining than anything you will see in Patpong and the beer is cheap since you can buy it in 7/11!

True story....

Friend of a work colleague of mine lost his eyeball after it became infected by a ping pong ball at one of those shows directly hit his eye ball. It festered in Thailand and was removed back in Australia. Poor bastid.

How close was he ?

Funny, I've never had a visitor ask to see a ping pong show, though I must admit that after so many years of elephants and temples, it might seem an interesting alternative.

Had many people came here, no one even knew about it. As you said: Temple, beach, elephants, Tiger, etc etc

True story....

How close was he ?

No idea. I would say quite close. I suppose it would only have to touch the eye to spread any bacteria to cause infection.

Imagine how he must feel when someone asks "how'd you loose your eye?"

Arf. pitiful collection of unhelpful posts here, between those who are in the know but won't admit it and those who feign indignation... *sigh* and those whose indignation is real are even more pitiful...

Many joints are ripping off tourists, but the "King's Group" of bars is known for not doing it. As far as I remember, there is a ping pong show belonging to the King's Group of bars, located approximatively mid-way on Patpong 1, on the right when coming from Sala Daeng BTS station.

I think the entrance is next to Queen's Castle 2.

There are several shows, if you make sure you go into one that belongs to the King's Group of bars, you will be safe.

The drinks aren't that expensive, I remember I took beer and it was around 100 baht.

P.S. I visited in a small group including two farang ladies

Went to one in Patpong once with a friend. Was an experience, although I will never do it again. It was entertaining and I didn't notice that my friend was agreeing to cokes for all the girls who asked for one. Of course, we got "stung" with a large bill at the end (I had only said yes to 2 lady drinks in the meantime, as I knew they would be expensive).

A group of Chinese guys across the way were watching, but just shut down the girls when they walked over. I think they got out with a cheap night. Oh well, we paid and just called it experience. Not sure if you can find one that won't be looking to make maximum profit out of you. Would be interesting to see how they act with women there...could change the whole thing.

Arf. pitiful collection of unhelpful posts here, between those who are in the know but won't admit it and those who feign indignation... *sigh* and those whose indignation is real are even more pitiful...

Many joints are ripping off tourists, but the "King's Group" of bars is known for not doing it. As far as I remember, there is a ping pong show belonging to the King's Group of bars, located approximatively mid-way on Patpong 1, on the right when coming from Sala Daeng BTS station.

There are several shows, if you make sure you go into one that belongs to the King's Group of bars, you will be safe.

The drinks aren't that expensive, I remember I took beer and it was around 100 baht.

Thankyou for this.

As for the preceding comments - it's amazing how many posts of assumption and condemnation one has to trawl through before actually getting an answer. The silly moral one-upmanship is about as sincere as any Bangkok smile.

Many tourists are simply curious, and who can blame them? Was nobody here curious on their first visit?

I have no sympathy for these performers and it is very silly how some like to portray them as victims. Bangkok holds human values in minus figures and that seems to be how they like it, so leave them to it.

True story....

How close was he ?

No idea. I would say quite close. I suppose it would only have to touch the eye to spread any bacteria to cause infection.

Imagine how he must feel when someone asks "how'd you loose your eye?"

Rancid pussy attacked me it did...

Long Gun and Rawhide on Soi Cowboy have fairly tame 'shows' from time to time, and are pretty square.

I've always found Patpong a bit sordid, and it's too far away for me. But I suppose if you're staying over that side of town it might be convenient.

I don't see any point in going off on a hypocritical rant about the morals of sex shows, or slapstick, or sports that glorify violence, or many of the other ills that plague the entertainment industry.

SC

So those lovely Western ladies take a pleasure in seeing a Thai sister degrading herself to the lowest of the low!!bah.gif

....and how would these Charming Western "Ladies" enjoy seeing their Daughters up on stage performing these acts? Perhaps you might be able to arrange to teach your own Mother or sister to do it for "all the boys at home."

Just go home and crawl back under whichever ROCK you slithered out from, we DON'T need you and your kind here in Thailand you ScumBag!

So those lovely Western ladies take a pleasure in seeing a Thai sister degrading herself to the lowest of the low!!bah.gif

....and how would these Charming Western "Ladies" enjoy seeing their Daughters up on stage performing these acts? Perhaps you might be able to arrange to teach your own Mother or sister to do it for "all the boys at home."

Just go home and crawl back under whichever ROCK you slithered out from, we DON'T need you and your kind here in Thailand you ScumBag!

It's not really a question of need. I think most of us would be scarcely missed, whatever our heroic achievements, moral fibre and outstanding wit. The fellow asked a question. If you can answer it, you would be helping one person, perhaps more. If you want to wang off on a moral diatribe, surely it would attract more support under a more suitably captioned original post. Can I suggest that you start a post "Why don't blokes that like ping-pong shows encourage their daughters to provide such in their own country'?. Otherwise, why not refrain from posting off-topic opinion?

SC

Thankyou for this.

As for the preceding comments - it's amazing how many posts of assumption and condemnation one has to trawl through before actually getting an answer. The silly moral one-upmanship is about as sincere as any Bangkok smile.

Many tourists are simply curious, and who can blame them? Was nobody here curious on their first visit?

I have no sympathy for these performers and it is very silly how some like to portray them as victims. Bangkok holds human values in minus figures and that seems to be how they like it, so leave them to it.

Its amazing that you would make an opening post like that and think the replies wouldnt be full of "assumption and condemnation".

Slick use of "nice European ladies" as an excuse to get a few details on cheap shows.

Only as long as they avoid "falling victim to the deception and criminality which Thailand continues to let itself down on." and more importantly "without getting stung for 800 baht per small beer??" because they wouldn't want to pay a cover charge for the privilege of watching someone degrade herself.

More quality tourists flooding in each day.

Recently a UK business director in Bangkok for a conference asked me to take her to Soi Cowboy and Nana. She'd read about them and wanted to see for herself.

We had a few drinks in the Landmark, walked the tour, and went back for some more drinks. Isn't curiosity a normal reaction for an intelligent and inquiring mind?

Please tell your friends to be careful, especially of the touts. I was looking round the market with Mrs, Boxer and we were constantly pestered. Wifey threatened to deck one guy who was a real pain. Anyway, they were asking 500 baht for the two of us to see the show and this included first 2 beers free. More beers were 100 baht each. Now the scam. Apparently after the show, the performers ask for tips - and expect at least 1000 baht. We didn't go but heard about this from another friend. I wouldn't want to find myself in some dingy club with the missus being pushed for money.

What is sad is this ongoing reputation has for this type of show, rather than the fantastic temples, palaces, cuisine and other natural attractions. But, if they really want to, then please tell them to be careful.

Archived