Don Mueang Airport: Woman arrested with drugs stashed in shoes

webfact

Woman arrested with drugs stashed in shoes
The Nation

30222787-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A Thai woman was arrested in Bangkok's Don Mueang Airport along with 4.24 kilograms of crystal meth with a street value of Bt15 million, Customs Department chief Rakop Srisupaat told a press conference yesterday.

Moncharika Latontap, 30, was arrested at 2am yesterday after she arrived from Chinxa's Shenzhen City. Officials allegedly found the drugs hidden in nine shoes including the pair she was wearing.

Claiming she had no knowledge of the drugs, she said she was taken to China by another person and asked to bring the shoes back to sell. Police charged her with having narcotics in possession with intention to sell.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-24

Silly girl, maybe, but Drug Syndicates usually recruit desperate and vulnerable individuals as pack mules.

I am eager to read about the next phase of the Police investigation when the drug bosses are arrested for their part in importing the meth.

Oh wait!! A few phone calls made and some little yellow envelopes changing hands, and the file should read CASE CLOSED.

• Like 1

A return ticket to China for 9 pairs of shoes that could have been shipped with a courier for a quarter of the price? Face it love you're either guilty of smuggling drugs or guilty of being alarmingly dumb.

She is Thai - "dumb" ?? don't be ridiculous !! hahahahahahaha

I am glad to see the police are finally putting their foot down about this activity. Makes me want to kick my heels. Make these smugglers toe the line if they do not pay the bribes in advance!

I hope the masterminds of this attempt at least respect Thai customs and pay it off so she can walk out of jail.

Hopefully wearing a pair of her own shoes.

• Like 1

A return ticket to China for 9 pairs of shoes that could have been shipped with a courier for a quarter of the price? Face it love you're either guilty of smuggling drugs or guilty of being alarmingly dumb.

She is Thai - "dumb" ?? don't be ridiculous !! hahahahahahaha

Dumb, a Thai lady when it comes to money. giggle.gif