Abhisit says foreign diplomats concerned about Surapong's claims

webfact

This whole thing has gone bonkers. Most Americans just want Thais to find Thai solutions to Thai problems. I respect the autonomy of the Thai people. I respect their beautiful uniqueness. I respect the concept of saving face, it is difficult for me, but it is also polite to any two parties addressing each other. I highly respect the King, who I hold to be the greatest living King on Earth.

The protesters never should have threatened to storm the US embassy. Now they have our economic assassins in play. My government is dangerous. You threaten them at your own peril. I do not support attacking any country for limited gains, but you started this, my beloved Thais. You brought a knife to a gunfight.sad.png Please do not do this. I also love my people and hate my government, but my government is dangerous. I speak the truth to you. Please do not provoke them again, they even kill Americans who provoke them...

This whole thing is sad. I weep on Christmas day.

Yeah, I think there is some truth to this, although I really cannot believe that Thailand actually matters to the US. Vietnam is America's new best friend in this part of the world. And, sure, the government is dangerous, because it lurches and blunders its way around like bull in a china shop. But what I really fail to understand is the "I love my people" statement. I'm American and I sure don't care for most of the rest of them, especially the nosey dogooders on the East and West coasts who just love to push their snout into the rest of the world's affairs and insist that they replicate some New England Salvation Army view of democracy and the American republic. If those folks get their way, the rest of the world's governments will operate like a glorified version of a McDonald's franchisee. No thanks, I say.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What did you think the democratic governments of the world were going to do, you morons; Support anarchy in the streets?

It's like every damn thing I read in the news is bickering children on the schoolyard. Ridiculous. It would be hilarious if weren't so damned sad.

Just because you don't realize you're doing it wrong, doesn't mean everyone else can't see it. Democracy takes time. And even when it's established it's always goign to be messy. If you all could just wrangle your childish emotions for five minutes this whole place might be better off.

Yeah, there, I said it.

• Like 1

If Abhisit knows how to read English - which I assume he does, then he can see for himself who foreigners feel about what is happening in Thailand. No need to rely on CAPO or embassies press statements. He can start by reading comments about what is happening in Thailand on Yahoo. Perhaps that would give him a better perspective on things. PERHAPS.

He can read English, which is why he is saying that CAPO is mis-representing what other countries are saying.

Will you never admit this man is wrong? He says that CAPO are misrepresenting what other countries are saying without any reference to what his buddy in arms suthep has to do with the "hostile feelings towards the foreign media". CAPO saying that more foreign countries are supporting elections as part of the democratic process has nothing to do with how the foreign media or it's citizens are perceived. Where is the misrepresentation in CAPO's statement?

He is head of a political party that has boycotted the election and has therefore decided not to concern itself with Thai politics.

He is irrelevant.

Why would he reference what Suthep is doing when he is talking about CAPO misrepresenting what foreign governments are saying?

Thats why I say will you never admit golden boy abhisit is wrong. It's not CAPO that's misrepresenting the situation, it's abhisit - and if you can't ascertain that from the OP your bias is obviously deluding you.

Surapong, bless his playground intellect, is playing a dangerous game by saying that all these nations are on "his side". I doubt any nation supports his government in their lying and cheating

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If Abhisit knows how to read English - which I assume he does, then he can see for himself who foreigners feel about what is happening in Thailand. No need to rely on CAPO or embassies press statements. He can start by reading comments about what is happening in Thailand on Yahoo. Perhaps that would give him a better perspective on things. PERHAPS.

He can read English, which is why he is saying that CAPO is mis-representing what other countries are saying.

I would hope that he can read English.

Seeing as he actually is English, born and educated through Eton and Oxford.

Foreign governments have several times giving notice that they want an election.

Well they would, wouldn't they? Do you expect any country to advocate anarchy, or for a power grab by a dictator? OTOH I don't recall any suggestion that any specific date is of great importance, or that some form of political reform shouldn't be undertaken when elections keep returning to power inept and corrupt governments prepared to bankrupt the country to fund the populist policies needed for them to retain power.

Until recently I've been a fan and supporter of Abhisit. But there's no way I can support his efforts to substitute free elections for an "appointed" ruling committee. And I am appalled by the so-called Democrats harassing and interfering with those who are trying to register as political candidates for the next election.

• Like 1

smile.png

No hesitation to tell porkies.

In reality he doesn't care what the other countries think about him, and his less than truthful comments.

He's just trying to make Thai people believe that other countries support his regime.

Less than honest / no hesitation to twist what others say.

Is this guy appropriate to occupy the very senior position of foreign minister?

I said a few days ago that Surapong was twisting the statements made by foreign diplomats - at no time have any of them offered support for the current Thai government which IMO by it's very absence is being critical of PTP, as far as I'm aware no foreign government have issued statements in support of PTP which by it's omission means they are not in support

PTP twisting the truth/telling lies - didn't expect anything less as they've been doing it for 2 1/2 years

You are fully correct in that there has been no support for Pheau Thai from any of the foreign diplomat statements. You did say IMO (your) by its absence is being critical of PTP but I do not think (IMHO) that they are. Regardless of personnel opinions the reality and truth is all the statements from all countries are all the same script...we support democratic elections, non violence..blah blah. Nowhere in any of them has there been support bestowed on a party or individual. It has all been support of the democratic process. Surapong is reading what he wants out of the statements as were several posters at the time in each of them and especially the American ones.

• Like 1

He's lying.It's quite clear the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd.At the same time it doesn't want to interfere in Thailand's internal affairs

You have references that support that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd?

Please could you supply them?

Not the usual - support democracy, free and fair elections and resolve peacefully as is the norm. But specifically supporting the elections to be held on 2nd February.

You have called Abhisit a liar - can you substantiate that with fact?

smile.png

In reality he doesn't care what the other countries think about him, and his less than truthful comments.

He's just trying to make Thai people believe that other countries support his regime.

I said a few days ago that Surapong was twisting the statements made by foreign diplomats - at no time have any of them offered support for the current Thai government which IMO by it's very absence is being critical of PTP, as far as I'm aware no foreign government have issued statements in support of PTP which by it's omission means they are not in support

PTP twisting the truth/telling lies - didn't expect anything less as they've been doing it for 2 1/2 years

Both sides twist facts to their convenience. Fact.

If you would have been talking to protestors last Sunday in Bangkok you wouldn't make these kind of statements.

I recommend you to have a walk along the protest stages and see what is going on and who is supporting reform.

99% of all foreigners I know and spoke, support reform because they see how this country has been mismanaged more than 2.5 years (or 10 years if you will).

WAGs are not always the best source of info here in LOS.

100% of foreigners I know support reforms. around 2% support Suthep, and believe me: support reforms or Suthep is NOT the same thing.

• Like 1

What Abhistit is saying is countries like the US are stating the elections in Thailand are fair and democratic when they know darn well they are not.

The US has many interests in Thailand with their war machine companies, Lockheed Martin etc and the ever so invasive drug companies like Merck and Glaxo Smith Kline. Not to mention Monsanto is pretty well embedded into the Thai agriculture. Taksin was the reason they got in and they don't want to lose their strategic investments. Good on Abhisit for knowing what's going on and what they are up to. Are foreign diplomats, especially the US war machine concerned they are going to lose their inside connection to Thailand? You bet they are!

Why make false claims? Japan has a more crucial investment portfolio. Even German companies have significant investments. The companies you reference are international and locate where it is in their interests not the US government's. Nice of you to raise the bogeyman of Monsanto, but it is Thai companies that control the agricultural and related products market. What does Lockheed Martin have to do with the Thai elections? Thaksin is not the reason any of the companies you referenced "got in". US war machine? US inside connection? What fantasy world are you living in. The USA is tired of war and can't afford any more wars. Thailand needs the USA more than the USA needs Thailand.

The reality is that the foreign governments have all expressed support of free elections and the democratic process. Abhisit knows that. It is Suthep who has a bee in his bonnet as he tries to stop the democratic process.

I beg to differ on several points:

1 - Those companies are part of the top 500 on the planet, they are actually indirectly governing the whole world. Even US banks and US Govt answer to them, not the other way round...

2 - Thaksin just before the coup did take an active part in a conference with those 500 and introduced Thai Stock Exchange to them. He has their support much more than opposition does...

3 - As mentioned in point one "USA is tired to go to war": USA does not decide, they do as they are told... Should google some videos if the Reagan presidential speech and the guy standing at his back saying, just before the speech start: "Make it short" smile.png

Can find some nice spreadsheets showing the different links and "lobbying power" of all those companies linked to each other and to each of US state Departments and banks....

Edited by CantSpell

You seem to assume that I am one of those who does not have the capacity to read. I don't rely on my wife and girlfriends to form an opinion or to make an observation. I can read those comments without the held of my wife or girlfriends.

We do not disagree that there is need for reform. However, the way reform is being rammed down people's throats is what is upsetting those very people who would be affected by those reforms. Let the government do it's job. Resignation from parliament is betrayal of the people's mandate. This revolving door parliament is very costly and too bad for the tax payers - me included, we have to shoulder that cost.

If you would have been talking to protestors last Sunday in Bangkok you wouldn't make these kind of statements.

I recommend you to have a walk along the protest stages and see what is going on and who is supporting reform.

99% of all foreigners I know and spoke, support reform because they see how this country has been mismanaged more than 2.5 years (or 10 years if you will).

WAGs are not always the best source of info here in LOS.

What Abhistit is saying is countries like the US are stating the elections in Thailand are fair and democratic when they know darn well they are not.

The US has many interests in Thailand with their war machine companies, Lockheed Martin etc and the ever so invasive drug companies like Merck and Glaxo Smith Kline. Not to mention Monsanto is pretty well embedded into the Thai agriculture. Taksin was the reason they got in and they don't want to lose their strategic investments. Good on Abhisit for knowing what's going on and what they are up to. Are foreign diplomats, especially the US war machine concerned they are going to lose their inside connection to Thailand? You bet they are!

Why make false claims? Japan has a more crucial investment portfolio. Even German companies have significant investments. The companies you reference are international and locate where it is in their interests not the US government's. Nice of you to raise the bogeyman of Monsanto, but it is Thai companies that control the agricultural and related products market. What does Lockheed Martin have to do with the Thai elections? Thaksin is not the reason any of the companies you referenced "got in". US war machine? US inside connection? What fantasy world are you living in. The USA is tired of war and can't afford any more wars. Thailand needs the USA more than the USA needs Thailand.

The reality is that the foreign governments have all expressed support of free elections and the democratic process. Abhisit knows that. It is Suthep who has a bee in his bonnet as he tries to stop the democratic process.

I beg to differ on several points:

1 - Those companies are part of the top 500 on the planet, they are actually indirectly governing the whole world. Even US banks and US Govt answer to them, not the other way round...

2 - Thaksin just before the coup did take part of a conference with those 500 and introduced Thai Stock Exchange to them. He has their support much more than opposition does...

3 - As mentioned in point one "USA is tired to go to war": USA does not decide, they do as they are told... Should google some videos if the Reagan presidential speech and the guy standing at his back saying, just before the speech start: "Make it short" smile.png

Can find some nice spreadsheets showing the different links and "lobbying power" of all those companies linked to each other and to each of US state Departments and banks....

So what your really saying is that any comment from foreign countries / diplomats is driven totally by powerful and ruthless big international companies who want the best situation (in their view) to achieve their revenue and growth goals, nothing else matters.

Correct?

Edited by scorecard

He's lying.It's quite clear the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd.At the same time it doesn't want to interfere in Thailand's internal affairs

You have references that support that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd?

Please could you supply them?

Not the usual - support democracy, free and fair elections and resolve peacefully as is the norm. But specifically supporting the elections to be held on 2nd February.

You have called Abhisit a liar - can you substantiate that with fact?

Come on jayboy, provide some proof that the international community has a clear preference for elections on February 2nd.

To be honest, I don't think you can provide such evidence.

Abhisit is most likely right. Thaksin has been paying big bucks to different lobby groups for years now in order to secure good press coverage. It's all about the money. Whoever pays more, gets the better coverage.

Thaksin Shinawatra US Lobbying Records (2007-2010)

http://www.scribd.com/doc/113667519/thaksin-shinawatra-us-lobbying-records-2007-2010

And that is only what is known. One thing for sure, media is a big business today.

Edited by Mackie

Surapong, bless his playground intellect, is playing a dangerous game by saying that all these nations are on "his side". I doubt any nation supports his government in their lying and cheating

Please sort out how to use the quote function. Surapong has not said the foreign governments are on his "side". He said that they support the idea of an election. It's abhisit who's lying and cheating - it does come naturally to him.

Abhisit is most likely right. Thaksin has been paying big bucks to different lobby groups for years now in order to secure good press coverage. It's all about the money. Whoever pays more, gets the better coverage.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/113667519/thaksin-shinawatra-us-lobbying-records-2007-2010

And that is only what is known. One thing for sure, media is a big business today.

What relevance does yet another cartalucci link have to this thread?

smile.png

It sounds to me like you are a yingluck supporter.

What relevance does yet another cartalucci link have to this thread?

Unfortunately for you, it's Thaksin Shinawatra's US Lobbying Records and they are relevant because all those lobbying groups were/are paid a lot of money to ensure Thaksin's side gets good coverage. Do I need to draw a picture for you. Or any other visual aid to help you comprehend?

• Like 1

So what your really saying is that any comment from foreign countries / diplomats is driven totally by powerful and ruthless big international companies who want the best situation (in their view) to achieve their revenue and growth goals, nothing else matters.

Correct?

Pretty much so yes.

Obviously foreign statements from Embassies and such will only be lip service with no real meaning, to stay diplomatic....

Foreign press is most of the time totally biased and facts and statements are not checked properly versus the situation (they love to romance, sells better): started to hate news report of my own country already 5-6 years ago when Airport was closed by yellow, then report on red in 2010 and so on.

What I am saying is that Government interests and actions are dictated by Corp yes, little bit like Thaksin Shin "Inc" does with the Thai Government except that he doesn't hide...

And actually, am not "saying" it, can find many reports if u care to google a little.

Dont have the links on that PC sorry..

-------

Edit: obviously only a small part of what is going on behind the lobbying curtains but might want to start google around those lines:

http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-true-story-of-the-bilderberg-group-and-what-they-may-be-planning-now/13808

Edited by CantSpell

You think that foreign agribusiness companies got in through Thaksin? Maybe Monsanto, but the rest were here long before thaksin.

Please sort out how to use the quote function. Surapong has not said the foreign governments are on his "side". He said that they support the idea of an election. It's abhisit who's lying and cheating - it does come naturally to him.

The quote function using the TV app is as screwed up as Surapong's mind at times.

He has said that- it's a matter of public record.

Abhisit is as honest a politician as you will find anywhere

He might be personally honest but he has enormous family conflicts of interest when it comes to agriculture unfortunately.

"In a live interview with Blue Sky Channel".......that right there tells me it's propaganda bull crap.

The forces behind Suthep are led by former defense minister General Prawit Wongsuwan and former army chief General Anupong Paochinda , everybody knows this. They don't want to seem to be taking sides when they perform their coup...because they will "look bad"

Newsflash...your handpicked revolutionaries look like complete idiots...Just get the damn coup done and lets move on.

The world is watching, you corrupt pustules. They know you are trying to incite violence so you can step in.

How about not waiting until someone dies, and just follow through with your plan.

• Like 2