DSI chief comments on postponing Suthep's charges

webfact

DSI chief comments on postponing Suthep’s charges

BANGKOK, 25 December 2013 (NNT) — DSI chief Tharit Pengdit has stated that he won't allow People's Democratic Reform Committee’s (PDRC) Secretary General Suthep Thaugsuban to postpone his indictment further citing the need to continue leading his protesters against the government as a reason, further wreaking havoc in the nation.

In regard to Mr. Suthep's lawyer's request that the indictment for treason against Mr. Suthep be put off once more, Mr. Tharit said that appropriate reasons would be needed for authorities to consider whether to comply with such a request.

Should illness be cited as a reason for the postponement request, it would be a justifiable excuse. However, postponing the hearing to lead demonstrators is by no means an acceptable reason.

The DSI has recently issued an arrest warrant for Suthep and summoned 37 other leaders of the PDRC to officially hear charges brought against them. They are to report to the DSI between December 26 and27 and January 2 and 3, 2014, said Tharit.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-12-25 footer_n.gif

• Like 1

That one is easy:

Kamnan Suthep will wait, until the Taksinist government is out of office, then the DSI will be re-jigged and Tarit sent either onto an inactive post or right into retirement. And the best: nobody will give a dam_n about this reassignment... And it even doesn't need Suthep to do anything himself.

And before Suthep and his team are to show up in court, Team Red Shirt has to show up first. So why should anybody, beside Tarit, bother?

Sam M.

Edited by SamMunich
  • Like 1

That one is easy:

Kamnan Suthep will wait, until the Taksinist government is out of office, then the DSI will be re-jigged and Tarit sent either onto an inactive post or right into retirement. And the best: nobody will give a dam_n about this reassignment... And it even doesn't need Suthep to do anything himself.

And before Suthep and his team are to show up in court, Team Red Shirt has to show up first. So why should anybody, beside Tarit, bother?

Sam M.

I have a better idea, send Tarit south to handle the situation there. He does nothing but threaten, let him do it there.

P.S. Could he also be in charge of beheading Chalerm, PLEASE.

• Like 1

It's not that hard,

Just send a bunch BIB too his hotel room and cuff him and throw this bigoted, xenophobic, mental minnow in the finest of the lands holding cell's with the usual company that frequent these places, and go from there.

But what if he has some more of those tough female supporters with him?

They're not called "boys in brown" for nothing.

• Like 1

Well do something <deleted> !!!

He is. He's yapping, posturing, threatening and waffling. I don't think they have the balls to walk up to him and clap handcuffs on his wrists. Too much unknown backlash.

TIT.

I'd like to see Tarit actually doing it since he's the one spouting all this crap - anyone think he would survive such an encounter considering he probably the 2nd most hated man in Thailand

He is. He's yapping, posturing, threatening and waffling. I don't think they have the balls to walk up to him and clap handcuffs on his wrists. Too much unknown backlash.

TIT.

I'd like to see Tarit actually doing it since he's the one spouting all this crap - anyone think he would survive such an encounter considering he probably the 2nd most hated man in Thailand

I read the beer foam and it's never wrong. It's Suthep that will slap the cuffs on Tarit.

• Like 1

Perhaps DSI would like to set a time for the completion of the case of the missing human rights lawyer and the luxury car parts imports cases , now id like to see thatbah.gif

Cases must have been closed after Tharit had received his fee I guess. No other explanation for making a lot of noise and then do nothing.

How far is the DSI into its investigation into the rice scam that makes billions of dollars disappear? Just joking, as we all know, Tharit has never mentioned a thing about it.

TIT.

Quite right! Tarit was happy to be Suthep's enforcer, while the latter was in power. Now he's serving the regime du jour with seemingly equal enthusiasm. But in the end, he's always hedging his bets, like the opportunist he is.

TIT.

would not be hard to envisage, the resistance to any attempt to physically arrest him, the backlash should they succeed is even more predictable.

Looks like Suthep is bribing the Police?

Really? you don't think that maybe the police have better things to do than be Tarits lacky? I assume the DSI have the power of arrest, so why doesn't Tarit do it? Because he Knows what would happen if he tried!

Edited by ggold