Thaksin tells clan to hunker down

Lite Beer

Thaksin tells clan to hunker down
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Fugitive prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has advised all clan members to stay low during the current highly-volatile political situation. The exceptions are his sister,Caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck and brother-in-law former prime minister Somchai Wongsawat, who are the ruling Pheu Thai Party's party-list candidates. Former Army commander and relative General Chaisit Shinawatra said on Wednesday.

Speaking at his private birthday party, Chaisit commented the military had placed itself in a good position by staying neutral towards political instability. However, he said Army commander General Prayuth Chao-ocha should have worked more with protest leaders to seek talks, while the two camps argued whether the protest-preferred reform or government-enabled election should come first.

He pleaded with protesters not to pressure Yingluck further, because the government had retreated to a dead end. He said the protests could be regarded as a successful silent coup, because the military and the police had failed to respond.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-25

• Like 1

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Post removed because the Poster has no words to describe his contempt for the Nation.

'

I'm wondering why you didn't like this specific article. Is it a surprise to you that PTP has rats in the ranks low enough to sell information to the press? Have you forgotten the recording of Thaksin's phone call?

Or have you misplaced your contempt to the messenger?

• Like 2

The only one who needs to hunker down is Thaksin himself!bah.gif.pagespeed.ce.-cCHYEZ1Lo.gif width=19 alt=bah.gif pagespeed_url_hash=4274630315>

Stay away and stop interfering with Thai politics, that would solve a lot of problems here!

Or be a man, and come home and serve your jailterm!! (in my dreams)

Couldn't have said it better myself, the man is a moron

• Like 1

The more information like this and the phonecall comes into the open, the more the missunderstood fugitive loses credibility with the voters in the north. And with him the darling of Isan and the whole rest of the gang.

That would mean the biggest plundering of public money would be over. And that makes the waiting for non-corrupt, decent and integer people as the new politicians a bit more easy.

• Like 1

Don't worry, Taksin is not down and out. He just tells his family to take cover for a month or so. After that, i.e. after the elections, all will be like before. Taksin ordering and PTP executing as good (or as bad) as they can. Not the time to think of victory over the old evil in Dubai...just a temporary retreat.

Sam M.

The only one who needs to hunker down is Thaksin himself!bah.gif

Stay away and stop interfering with Thai politics, that would solve a lot of problems here!

Or be a man, and come home and serve your jailterm!! (in my dreams)

The only way that would work is if he took his entire "clan" and hunkered down somewhere in the middle of the Sahara Desert, no phone, no internet and only pledged rice to eat!

• Like 2

Sounds like Thaksin has drawn a line in the sand, he will not retreat any further. This I am guessing is fair warning for his family, from a man safely bunkered down out of the country. Still it was predictable with his children "working" overseas and his sister and Thai caretaker PM traveling in red heartland with her son ready to make a quick dash over the border if things get too hot.

Yes the Shin girls working in London is a strange one as it all seemed so sudden so how did they get a work permit so quickly ?

I wonder if they are using diplomatic passports and there on some supposed government business or was a work permit applied for well in advance for a bit of 3rd party insurance.

As usual with the Shinawatra clan nothing is ever quite what it seems.

• Like 2

Sounds like Thaksin has drawn a line in the sand, he will not retreat any further. This I am guessing is fair warning for his family, from a man safely bunkered down out of the country. Still it was predictable with his children "working" overseas and his sister and Thai caretaker PM traveling in red heartland with her son ready to make a quick dash over the border if things get too hot.

Why bring her child into this?

You understand that in so doing you will lose any credibility you have and probably stain the good name of fascism.

Edited by blaze
  • Like 2

Why bring her child into this?

You understand that in so doing you will lose any credibility you have and probably stain the good name of fascism.

What nonsense.

• Like 1

I might interpret it differently...

Hide, NOW. Big trouble coming soon.

I guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

I might interpret it differently...

Hide, NOW. Big trouble coming soon.

I guess we will find out in the coming weeks.

IMO big trouble coming either way ...

PTP win election and have big trouble

Election day ... will have big trouble

Unrest wil only grow bigger and scenes will get worse

Think Yingluck has handled the situation well (thanks to advice). Live near soi 24 ramkamhaeng and this time it WAS not the red shirts doing the damage and carnage but rather the anti-government protesters.

Democrats havent won an election in 21 years, refuse to amalgamate with other parties and and form an alliance, sorry own fault. Disgusting that they wont join the elections. Do we think that both major parties are not corrupt?? Thnk about it. I've lived in Thailand for many years, this will go on until AEC and ASEAN begins and they become HUGE losers from a fiscal point of view. Immigrants who can speak English will inundate the country and take so many jobs it is not funny. Grow up Siam for your own sake and stop this BS that both parties are going on with. Odds on there not being another spillover as western governments now have too much money to lose.

Get a life..... your post is full of <deleted>.

So the only trouble in your area was completely devoid of any red shirt presence?

The only real trouble during two months of protests, and there was not a red shirt around at the time?

Do us a favour mate and make your fourth post, the last one.

We don't need fairy tales.

Only full of <deleted> so to speak if you didn't live there. How long you been living in Thailand? And actually when they set the bus on fire and smashed several taxis, ALL the red shirts had evacuated the stadium and left 7 hours before, it was extremist anti-government protesters who did the damage. Prove it wrong "Dippy" and if you like fairy tales, back to Cindarella you go!