53 political parties contesting in the Feb 2 polls: Thailand

webfact

Great news for Thailand and its people.

It looks like there will be a properly contested election with the chance of a genuinely elected Government and a sensible opposition.I believe the country will be better off without Abhisit and his poodles wasting valuable space in Parliament.

Dream on you guys. This election will NOT take place...!! Anyone care to take the bet...??

Edited by GeorgeO

fab4 post # 4

Not one of abhisits shrewdest political decisions. Perhaps he wanted a break from politics?

Personally i would dispute that particular comment for a number of reasons.

There is a economic and financial storm brewing on the horizon for Thailand as well as a bubbling cauldron of civil unrest on a nearer horizon.

The decision that the Democrats made is indeed a wise one Szu Tzu classic strategies adopted to a political end..

One needs to remember that in military tactics a strategic retreat is viewed by ones opponents as a sign of weakness, however in reality a strategic retreat is a masterpiece of a delayed yet war winning attack strategy. One needs to lose a battle or two before one wins the war ,

So the dems opt out if there are political and financial hurdles ahead. Yet they are supposedly the Answer to all of Thailands problems (according to a very large number of posters on here) - Strategic withdrawal and war winning attack strategy, my A. They know they wouldn't win but refuse to acknowledge why. They've tried army coups, judicial coups, street protests and now another boycott. They are irrelevant.

fabbie, you and your mate Gerry1011 are delusional. Mark my words, you will see this crooked regime running for the hills in less than six weeks from now.

You are mistakenly identifying this as an issue of Dems vs PTP. It is not. It is THE PEOPLE vs PTP, and the people will win,

• Like 1

fab4 post # 4

Not one of abhisits shrewdest political decisions. Perhaps he wanted a break from politics?

Personally i would dispute that particular comment for a number of reasons.

There is a economic and financial storm brewing on the horizon for Thailand as well as a bubbling cauldron of civil unrest on a nearer horizon.

The decision that the Democrats made is indeed a wise one Szu Tzu classic strategies adopted to a political end..

One needs to remember that in military tactics a strategic retreat is viewed by ones opponents as a sign of weakness, however in reality a strategic retreat is a masterpiece of a delayed yet war winning attack strategy. One needs to lose a battle or two before one wins the war ,

So the dems opt out if there are political and financial hurdles ahead. Yet they are supposedly the Answer to all of Thailands problems (according to a very large number of posters on here) - Strategic withdrawal and war winning attack strategy, my A. They know they wouldn't win but refuse to acknowledge why. They've tried army coups, judicial coups, street protests and now another boycott. They are irrelevant.

fabbie, you and your mate Gerry1011 are delusional. Mark my words, you will see this crooked regime running for the hills in less than six weeks from now.

You are mistakenly identifying this as an issue of Dems vs PTP. It is not. It is THE PEOPLE vs PTP, and the people will win,

Uh? :blink:

How comes the people systematically elects PT, and will elect PT again, if the "people" are fighting against PT?

Or maybe there are two types of "people". The "people" violently protesting against democracy at the moment, and the majority of people who believe in elections, support democracy and the PT government.

It is clear that at the moment it is the "people" you support who bark the loudest. But they seems to bark at a thick wall. The majority of people is just wisely watching their ugly fascist show... Till now at least.

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

fab4 post # 4

Personally I would dispute that particular comment for a number of reasons.

The decision that the Democrats made is indeed a wise one, Szu Tzu classic strategies adopted to a political end..

Absolutely correct!

and we can estimate if we can win or cannot win over our opponent.

In case like this, retreating is not a sign of cowardliness but rather a decision of a wise man not to fight when he knows that he cannot win.

But in the case of boxing championship, even if you lost, you always have the prize.

• Like 1

Elected?
The only elections in which criminals should attend, are the elections in jail for an imprisonment speaker.
Please stop ignoring that many, many of these politicians (from all camps)
are corrupt and/or convicted and/or condemned and/or banished and/or free on bail, and/or listed in one or more of the 25000 pending corruption cases.

Edited by tomacht8

Great news for Thailand and its people.

It looks like there will be a properly contested election with the chance of a genuinely elected Government and a sensible opposition.I believe the country will be better off without Abhisit and his poodles wasting valuable space in Parliament.

Thaksin will be back soon. He'll make sure to get rid of any opposition ASAP! If there is something he is good at it is leading extrajudicial death squads!

He never led an extrajudicial death squad, so why make the allegation?

You do realize that several inquiries were held and none found evidence to support such an allegation. No charges were brought.

The investigations were undertaken during the period of the military dictatorship and the Democrats.

BTW, the issues you raised have been hashed out ad infinitium on other threads. It is not necessary to regurgitate blood libel because you do not have anything else to write.

Please note that making a defamatory statement is an illegal act in Thailand.

• Like 1

You mean like Suthep and Abhisit?

Before we vote, please can we change the rules?

Like next election without the criminals.
Especially those who were convicted by crimes or corruption,
and all this guys running around on bail (some since 12 years or more),
and all condemned as corrupt
and all they were baned from parliament already. The barrier of five years ban is "shit".
Start with new honest people aka representatives of the people!
Please.