Officials Combat Road Accidents By Monk Prayers

Lite Beer

I feel a lot safer already, now that we have a holy highway!!clap2.gif

Sadly 90% of the Thais from all walks of life will probably find this a very good idea and perfectly normal!

And as we know from other threads here on Thaivisa, a majority can't be wrong!coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Typical Thai.

Never your own blame, but.. Always somebody/ thing else.

Not their total lack of responsable driving, never all "spirits" they drunk,

Never your own blame, but.. Always somebody/ thing else.

Not their total lack of responsible driving, their total inability to drive safe, never all "spirits" they drunk, no … evil ghosts .

And that in the 21st century….

<deleted>! Just do your f...ing jobs and protect Thai people intead if this crap.

protect Thai people from whom? themselves? a simple observation would inform any casual obsever that Thai people don't follow road safety rules.

i have a brilliant idea. why not have a driving test that actually has something to do with actually driving ....... and possibley a public awareness campaign being broadcast on tv showing the death and destruction each and everyday. then again a lot of Thais may see that as purely entertainment. Hmmmm ... what to do >

It's true that evil spirits are to blame for most road accidents, mostly whiskey.

Thai white whisky, Loas Khow. This is the most favoured one they call Nong Khai label.

Suppose Monk prayers are a better bet, look at all the smashed up amulets in crashed vehicles.

But it is up to the individual, if he/she feels safer -good. Their driving plays a big part though.

The Thais have turned Buddism into EVIL spirits? Monks Prayers? So they say there is a super being and not "we are part of a greater universe as Buddah taught? What a load of CRAP. Just stupid, ill trained and non caring people behind wheels who have paid 300 baht for a license to control a mass murder machine.

"The Thais have turned Buddism into EVIL spirits? Monks Prayers? So they say there is a super being and not "we are part of a greater universe as Buddah taught? What a load of CRAP."

Disparaging any religious practice is not allowed on Thai Visa, although it appears that was the aim of posting this topic.

Interesting to see people playing the I'm-Right-And-You're-Wrong game using personal faith as an attack weapon.

• Like 2

It's true that evil spirits are to blame for most road accidents, mostly whiskey.

Thai white whisky, Loas Khow. This is the most favoured one they call Nong Khai label.

Suppose Monk prayers are a better bet, look at all the smashed up amulets in crashed vehicles.

But it is up to the individual, if he/she feels safer -good. Their driving plays a big part though.

The Thais have turned Buddism into EVIL spirits? Monks Prayers? So they say there is a super being and not "we are part of a greater universe as Buddah taught? What a load of CRAP. Just stupid, ill trained and non caring people behind wheels who have paid 300 baht for a license to control a mass murder machine.

They will with their stupid superstitions depart this life in increasing numbers.

When road fatalities, plane crashes, the economy "everything" are all put down to bad spirits there is no hope for them.

But for the monks I guess they are all comfortable with their 'feel good' feelings. You couldn't make up stories to adequately describe these people bah.gifbah.gifbah.gif

i have a brilliant idea. a public awareness campaign being broadcast on tv showing the death and destruction each and everyday. then again a lot of Thais may see that as purely entertainment. Hmmmm ... what to do >

They do that already. It is called the "news". Almost everything on Thai tv is violence and death orientated, even the comedy shows are steeped in violent actions. Violence and death doesn't seem to have the same meaning to Thais. What can you expect from people who are at a ten year child's maturity level?

• Like 2

Aaaah yes of course... It's got nothing to do with bad driving skills, nothing to do with truck drivers taking Yaa Baa, nothing with DUI or the unclear markers at some points. It's the SPIRITS, why didn't I think of that? clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I think it was a famous and most divine person who once said: Take your own responsibility, you and you alone are responsible for whatever happens to you in life. Aaah, I remember, it was the Lord Buddha!wai.gifwai2.gifwai.gifwai2.gifwai.gif

i have a brilliant idea. a public awareness campaign being broadcast on tv showing the death and destruction each and everyday. then again a lot of Thais may see that as purely entertainment. Hmmmm ... what to do >

They do that already. It is called the "news". Almost everything on Thai tv is violence and death orientated, even the comedy shows are steeped in violent actions. Violence and death doesn't seem to have the same meaning to Thais. What can you expect from people who are at a ten year child's maturity level?

Sadly what you post seems to be true.

Thai Tv and driving standards both incredibly low.

• Like 1

Praying to a higher power, deity, god, supreme being or what/whomever is a personal choice. Not doing the same is also up to the individual. This unfortunately does little to address what appears to be a systemic, pervasive and destructive ignorance of safe driving by the general public.

It also paints the government as ineffective, disillusioned and equality ignorant of the benefits of safe roadways and a professional police force.

The world may well see Thailand as a sun drenched country, but they may also see it as an unsafe, uncaring and undesirable place to spend a holiday. There may well come a day when the pool of tourist money will dry up to a mere trickle as vacationers opt for a safer country.

Just by 2-Satangs worth

• Like 2