Christians, Christians, Christians, Will You Ever Learn?

penzman

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All who agree it's about time to ban religion, say Amen.....
The banning of anything is just more censorship,

Anything faith based is just that, it's devoid of science and proof,

so must remain in the realm of myth and fable, in this realm you'll also find Santa and Leprecons,

The legacy so far of organized religion, (take your pick), is one of misery, pain and conflict.

oh what the hel... AMEN all ready, :D:o

All who agree it's about time to ban religion, say Amen.....

The banning of anything is just more censorship,

Anything faith based is just that, it's devoid of science and proof,

so must remain in the realm of myth and fable, in this realm you'll also find Santa and Leprecons,

The legacy so far of organized religion, (take your pick), is one of misery, pain and conflict.

oh what the hel... AMEN all ready, :D:o

I agree totally.

I can see the 'book burning' & 'witch burning' starting already.

The best defense against religious tyrants is to simply ignore them & their 'control freak' ways. If there are any myths about all of this, it is the myth of democracy.

Anyway, I can see it now...the street DVD vendors will be in overdrive selling copies of ALL banned material in Thailand.

Christians in Thailand seek a ban on Da Vinci Code film

They alleged that the movie distorted religious facts and the Bible and that could shake the faith of Christians.

So did Ben Hur, but they didn't ban that :o The problem lies in the fact that all these so call religious groups in Thailand are "pushing" a religion on people that don't really need converting.

They refer to them as religious facts!!! Nobody has proved anything yet It's all still a book of words that some have chosen to believe. Plust the fact it's BIG BUSINESS to all the groups.

Ten last minutes of Da Vinci Code screening in Thailand to be censored

A police censorship committee will cut the ten last minutes of the controversial The Da Vinci Code film before allowing it to be screened in Thailand on May 18.

The censorship committee of the Police Registration Division reached a decision to cut the film after a meeting with representatives of various Christian organizations in Thailand and the film distributor in Thailand on Tuesday.

The committee and Christian representatives watched the film together and agreed to cut the last ten minutes.

The film distributor also agreed to print a warning at the beginning of the film that the movie was a fiction, not fact.

The Nation

now this censorship makes me REALLY angry.

wasnt enough to ban that excellent travel book "bangkok inside out".

I studies christian theology. got all the papers to become a priest. at western unversities they teach you of the exactly same stuff one reads in the da vinci code.

and now come these christians.

no worries, we will get the whole movie - I hope there will be some concerted action against the police stepping in after pressure of some pseudo-christians.

A police censorship committee will cut the ten last minutes of the controversial The Da Vinci Code film before allowing it to be screened in Thailand on May 18.

The censorship committee of the Police Registration Division reached a decision to cut the film after a meeting with representatives of various Christian organizations in Thailand and the film distributor in Thailand on Tuesday.

The committee and Christian representatives watched the film together and agreed to cut the last ten minutes.

The film distributor also agreed to print a warning at the beginning of the film that the movie was a fiction, not fact.

The Nation

How can you cut the last ten minutes of a movie without recking the ending? Thats a significant proportion of the film.

So instead of going to the movies to watch it...I'll get a bootleg version of the full uncut movie to watch instead :o

Oh,well. No need in wasting money at the cinema since they've cut the final of this movie. Perposterous in my opinion. Nobody is twisting anyones arm to see this in the first place. On the other hand, there have been movies and musicals that have been banned here as well that had a different take on other peoples "reality", and they too had offended many. People know what it is beforehand, if you don't like it, don't go. If you're that weak minded then you get what you deseve. What a shame. TIT.

I've actually been looking forward to seeing the film, but I certainly won't be going to cinema to see it. I prefer to make up my own mind on censorship issues, and don't need a bunch of Jehovah's Washouts and Salt Lake City dropouts to make that decision for me.

They would appear to be concermed that the ignorant masses might not be quite so ameanable after watching it, and that will result in loss of power, and loss of money.

Shall we really blame the thai christians for this ?

I mean it's their freedom (and "role" in a way) to protest against this movie.

But once again, I can not resist to see.. that... at the end... it's the famous "thai mind police" that took this insane decision.

Once again, this country show but only despise for freedom, the thai bureaucratic Thaksin orientated machine is running full speed.

Criticize Jesus = criticize TRT.

And I should add that once again it's only "bon plaisir" decision. I mean this is not a juridic backed up decision ! It's only a "tea party" between some fat thai officials, very auto satisfied.

Exactly the same regarding the book Bangkok Inside Out. There wasn't any ban because of law. Just the humor of the Culture ministry who tried to freigthen the book stores so they have to remove the book from theirs shelves.

((read my other post) : i bought this book in a thai book store in central lad prao last week end !)

If someone CHOOSES to live how a bloke called Jesus lived, about 2 thousand years ago, it is THEIR BUSINESS. And since virtually NONE of the holy bible can be proven, how can any followers of the christian religion lay claim to such 'assumptions' & therefore FORCE a populous to conform to any of THEIR ways? Furthermore, why should non christians be subject to christian ethics?

My only wish is that these 'control freak' christians keep THEIR BUSINESS to themselves. I know that there are many christians who DO mind their own business & DO NOT interfere with the lives of others. From what I've seen, some 'real christian' posters are annoyed by the faithless christian control freaks.

The word 'religion' comes from the Latin 'religare'...which means to 'bring together'. Organised religions seem to SEGREGATE...not exactly inkeeping with the basis of the religion.

Also, complaining & questioning is one thing. FORCING your thoughts upon another by way of an action, is another thing. ALL speech must be FREE but ACTIONS could be fairly judged. Such as, the ACTION of banning a movie based upon what certain people think versus what others think about the movie.

STICKS & STONES CAN BREAK YOUR BONES BUT NAMES CAN NEVER HURT YOU.

Edited by elkangorito

Well isn't religeon just a way of controlling the behaviour of the "mass population" by the use of guilt ???

And fear... bucketloads of fear.

:o

What a fargin joke... religious facts. There are no religious facts, only fantasy.

Meantime the rest of the worlds population has to stomach and suffer these religious idiots' madness, coming from all sides, and may say little in case we 'offend' their sensitivities. It really is time to fight back.....

Edited by OlRedEyes

I'll still go see the movie, even if the last 10 minutes are cut, for two reasons.

1) I want to see how the movie compares to the book (it rarely is as good as the book).

2) I don't want the Religious Right to win. A number of people have commented that they won't go see the movie now, if the ending is cut. Well, that is a victory for the religious censors. If they can't get the movie banned, perhaps they can reduce the number of people that see it by screwing with the ending.

Well isn't religeon just a way of controlling the behaviour of the "mass population" by the use of guilt ???

I think the big religions are mainly concerned about the multitudes accepting their current misery in exchange for a belief that a Paradise awaits them on the other side. I mean if I am going to toil in servitude my entire life, be asked to go to war for the economic gains of others, well the 70 virgin version, being the unrepentent heterosexual male that I am, does have a certain appeal. Of course that does leave out my sisters and gay brothers so I doubt it will become a fashionable mainstream belief in the west. It also helps for the religion to connive a connection between the sacred and the secular by having thesecular ruler obatin a near sacred status such as a God-King or a Deva-Raja. Failing making that connection into a belief, might as well wrap the flag around your religion as does Thailand and George Bush and most other nation-states. Basically it comes down to obey God, obey the government, and you will be rewarded in the afterlife; otherwise, it is eternal damnation (or be reborn as a lesser animal) in the next life and possible imprisonment this life.

Guilt is a smaller subset used by those close cousins, Jews and Catholics. Hey, once you convince people that masturbation is a sin, you've got the entire population feeling guilty. Protestants and Buddhists don't seem to have the guilt trip going so much.

I am not surprised that the Thai Christian community is a bit insecure over such issues as this film. I find most Thai Christians of the Protestant persuasions to be a bit insecure about their beliefs, requiring them to persistently declare and re-avow their faith to their peers while at the same time praising and thanking God for even the most mundane of events. They really are annoying at times.

1. Amen

2. It's already hitting the new worldwide:

http://movies.monstersandcritics.com/news/...istian_protests

3. The Evangelical fellowship of Thailand would love to hear your opinion - [email protected]

Fear this word. These are the people in Amercia who want to replace our Bill of Rights with the Ten Commandants. Many organizations that fall under this banner believe that the second coming won't come until Christians have conquered the world, I kis you not. Many of these groups already have a certain amount of power and influence in the America government. Bush is one of them, a mild one. :o

.. Myth and fable being believed by many in the latter days is predicted in the bible, ...
along with Armageddon, hasn't happened yet.

At what point do we filter the myth and fable from the predicted myth and fable, :D:o

Thank you so much for proving my point so well!

1. Amen

3. The Evangelical fellowship of Thailand would love to hear your opinion - [email protected]

Fear this word. These are the people in Amercia who want to replace our Bill of Rights with the Ten Commandants. Many organizations that fall under this banner believe that the second coming won't come until Christians have conquered the world, I kis you not. Many of these groups already have a certain amount of power and influence in the America government. Bush is one of them, a mild one. :o

If this is the case, they have not read, nor do they believe, their bibles!

Read it ... don't buy it. Don't hate you FOR buying it ... just don't force me to live by rules that I think are silly :o

as for the USA ... it swings from conservative to liberal ... and it aint in Thailand

1. Amen

Actually, Suegha they have. They have an answer for every issue through the Bible. They have even determined that the Bible supports a flat tax. :D Gays should be killed if they can't be changed, the bible supports this two, according to them. The are the Neo-Nazis and I am not talking about skinheads (even though they inetract with such groups) I mean the real deal. Those who are trying to gain political power to make these things some to pass. They support the war in Iraq, nit because they Saddam was a bad guy, but these people aren't Christian. Scary man, real scary.

The Nation

I won't pray, but hope that someone will cut out the last 10 lines of this commitee's report, along with their last 10 weeks pay of this fiscal year. More circus clowns in charge...

what society has this become. that some radicals again can command over the rest of the nation.

or the topshots are christians. but then again, jesus was a rebel, a guy they would imprison today.

what is more laughable than those hypocrits pretending to know the real truth.

Edited by danone

I think the big religions are mainly concerned about the multitudes accepting their current misery in exchange for a belief that a Paradise awaits them on the other side. I mean if I am going to toil in servitude my entire life, be asked to go to war for the economic gains of others, well the 70 virgin version, being the unrepentent heterosexual male that I am, does have a certain appeal. Of course that does leave out my sisters and gay brothers so I doubt it will become a fashionable mainstream belief in the west. It also helps for the religion to connive a connection between the sacred and the secular by having thesecular ruler obatin a near sacred status such as a God-King or a Deva-Raja. Failing making that connection into a belief, might as well wrap the flag around your religion as does Thailand and George Bush and most other nation-states. Basically it comes down to obey God, obey the government, and you will be rewarded in the afterlife; otherwise, it is eternal damnation (or be reborn as a lesser animal) in the next life and possible imprisonment this life.

Guilt is a smaller subset used by those close cousins, Jews and Catholics. Hey, once you convince people that masturbation is a sin, you've got the entire population feeling guilty. Protestants and Buddhists don't seem to have the guilt trip going so much.

I am not surprised that the Thai Christian community is a bit insecure over such issues as this film. I find most Thai Christians of the Protestant persuasions to be a bit insecure about their beliefs, requiring them to persistently declare and re-avow their faith to their peers while at the same time praising and thanking God for even the most mundane of events. They really are annoying at times.

LOL! :D:o

We should point out too the ridiculous path that the thai mind police has choosen.

I mean : the movie might be banned in some country (I doubt it), but because Thailand loves to do things in an original way, they are going to cut.... the last 10 minutes of the film.

Another entry for sure for the Guiness World Records book. Or the next episode of Monthy Python.

In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.

- Autobiography of Mark Twain

1. Amen

Actually, Suegha they have. They have an answer for every issue through the Bible. They have even determined that the Bible supports a flat tax. :D Gays should be killed if they can't be changed, the bible supports this two, according to them. The are the Neo-Nazis and I am not talking about skinheads (even though they inetract with such groups) I mean the real deal. Those who are trying to gain political power to make these things some to pass. They support the war in Iraq, nit because they Saddam was a bad guy, but these people aren't Christian. Scary man, real scary.

If they have read, they have not understood. According to my understsanding of scripture Christians should not vote, neither support the wars of their nation nor influence the taxation/government of their country.

Dealing with gays being killed - the bible does not teach this. The same people who are 'gay bashers' refuse to read scripture holistically, but use it to support their own personal prejudices. Many 'religious' people are guilty of this. This is why I dislike threads like this one, people express their prejudices against the prejudiced!

Not all Christians are the same, and some of us use scripture as a positive influence in our lives.

Ps I don't know, nor have I met the Christians you refer to, if however they can be called 'neo-nazis' they certainly are not Christians!!!

In religion and politics people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination, from authorities who have not themselves examined the questions at issue but have taken them at second-hand from other non-examiners, whose opinions about them were not worth a brass farthing.

- Autobiography of Mark Twain

Very true. Many of the Christian Nationalists voted for Bush not because of views concering war, taxes, or health care, but the ending of gay marriage. They believe this to be one of the main issues that Americans need to face. :o

1. Amen

If they have read, they have not understood. According to my understsanding of scripture Christians should not vote, neither support the wars of their nation nor influence the taxation/government of their country.

Dealing with gays being killed - the bible does not teach this. The same people who are 'gay bashers' refuse to read scripture holistically, but use it to support their own personal prejudices. Many 'religious' people are guilty of this. This is why I dislike threads like this one, people express their prejudices against the prejudiced!

Not all Christians are the same, and some of us use scripture as a positive influence in our lives.

Ps I don't know, nor have I met the Christians you refer to, if however they can be called 'neo-nazis' they certainly are not Christians!!!

In all of this we are in complete agreement. What I am talking about though is something that America has practiced for a long time. They use the bible to justify their desires. We once used the bible to support our slave trade, we then used it to justify segregation policies between black and whites. They find passages in the bible and claim that they support whatever the need them to support.

I want you to understand that I know not all Christians are the same. I also want you to understand that these people view me, my wife, my child and my friends as enemies and though they preach with a smile they preach death and enslavement. I live in one of their strongholds in this country and know first hand what they want to see happen to me. So, forgive me if I seem harsh.