2014-recommended-tradesmen-services-travel-teachers-baby-sitters-pet-care-etc

Rooo

Can anyone please recommend a car rental service in Mae Nam/ Bophut/Chaweng area that does not indulge in the notorious car hire scam ( keeping passports and claiming alleged damage to the vehicle on returning, etc.)?

what costs would I have to expect? I din't need jeeps or SUVs, just a basic 4-wheeler :-)

depending on the price, I would consider renting long-term (weeks to months). Else I'd just rent on a daily basis and pile up my necessary errands.

Note that my wife and 1 year old daughter would be in the car, too.

Can anyone please recommend a car rental service in Mae Nam/ Bophut/Chaweng area that does not indulge in the notorious car hire scam ( keeping passports and claiming alleged damage to the vehicle on returning, etc.)?

what costs would I have to expect? I din't need jeeps or SUVs, just a basic 4-wheeler :-)

depending on the price, I would consider renting long-term (weeks to months). Else I'd just rent on a daily basis and pile up my necessary errands.

Note that my wife and 1 year old daughter would be in the car, too.

PM sent.

Hi all, I'm looking for a taxi (not a rental car) with driver to drive one passenger from Koh Samui to Songkhla. Meter taxis, private cars or companies are OK as long as the cars are in reasonable condition.

I'm not looking for a bus or anything else, just a car, preferably with an all in rate including the ferry crossing.

Any contacts with phone numbers or email address are appreciated.

• 1 month later...

New Makro openeded today in south Lamai

Facts:

- Anyone can shop there, not only re-sellers.

- Payment options are cash and citibank card only.

- A troop of police-like looking traffic assistants, four ON the ring road, four on the parking lot, each equipped with a whistle to attract attention, and blowing into them frantically and CONTINUALLY, waving their arms like crazy at intimidated passers-by, all very comical, but cute in a way.

Here are some pics:

post-224939-0-05551700-1418828264_thumb.

post-224939-0-69546900-1418828463_thumb.

post-224939-0-70781100-1418828499_thumb.

post-224939-0-07330500-1418828540_thumb.

• Like 2

Facts:

- A troop of police-like looking traffic assistants, four ON the ring road, four on the parking lot, each equipped with a whistle to attract attention, and blowing into them frantically and CONTINUALLY, waving their arms like crazy at intimidated passers-by, all very comical, but cute in a way.

Here are some pics:

attachicon.gifFoto.JPG

attachicon.gifFoto2.JPG

attachicon.gifFoto5.JPG

attachicon.gifFoto3.JPG

Anyone has always been allowed to shop at Makro, you just need a Makro card.... anyone can get by asking at info desk!! You don't need to be a reseller! wink.png

The other myth about them, is you can buy one item or a whole case.... up to you!

Facts:

Here are some pics:

attachicon.gifFoto.JPG

attachicon.gifFoto2.JPG

attachicon.gifFoto5.JPG

attachicon.gifFoto3.JPG

Anyone has always been allowed to shop at Makro, you just need a Makro card.... anyone can get by asking at info desk!! You don't need to be a reseller! wink.png

The other myth about them, is you can buy one item or a whole case.... up to you!

You don't need a Makro card at the one in Chaweng. All it means is you cannot get a VAT receipt.

I asked at the registration desk if I had to register. They said no. So I was able to shop without a Makro Card. I even got a stamped VAT receipt afterwards ( there was a guy hired only for the purpose of stamping the receipt after I passed the cashier.

I asked at the registration desk if I had to register. They said no. So I was able to shop without a Makro Card. I even got a stamped VAT receipt afterwards ( there was a guy hired only for the purpose of stamping the receipt after I passed the cashier.

Oh! that is good to know, they should make that more clear! I can take one store card out of my wallet...!! thumbsup.gif

I don't shop there much, they won't let me wear my bikini !!! tongue.pngwhistling.gif

• Like 1

I do not know about Lamai - but at Chaweng you do not even need the card.

All that the card does is to get you the newsletter and a tax invoice.

For people that do not have a card, they just receive a till receipt - tesco style.

Edited by Tropicalevo
  • Like 1

Drones & other radio controlled devices:

'D Games & Toys' in Maenam had a pretty good selection when I popped in this afternoon. Many had cameras & ranged in size between saucer & dustbin lid. Their aftercare service seemed pretty good too. They are located near the BoA (Yellow Bank) 60m short of the entrance to Santi Buri on the opposite side of the road.

Related link & clips:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/701203-flying-a-drone-in-thailand

HTH

Edited by evadgib

• 2 weeks later...