2014-recommended-tradesmen-services-travel-teachers-baby-sitters-pet-care-etc

Rooo

Need some outdoor bamboo furniture, tables and chairs. (nothing fancy)

Anyone know a good place?

Not been there for years, but a place between Maenam and Ban Tai, on the right.... (can't think exactly where off hand ) may hab!

Also between Raja ferry turn off and Hau Thanon, a place with farang name (Gerard I think) on right side... looks a bit up market though???? Fairly large building and sign....

Keep you eyes peeled!

• 3 weeks later...

It is a known fact that many visitors to Koh Samui and indeed some residents first ride a motorbike once they arrive on our sunny shores. Riding a bike for the first time can be a daunting prospect anywhere in the world, but in Samui it can be an experience fraught with danger.

The good news is for residents and visitors, who are yet to start their motorbike journey, is that bike lessons are available here in Koh Samui that are designed to make you aware of the roads, and will not only teach you how to drive safely but how to get out of the tricky situations that are commonplace here on the island.

Lessons available in English and Russian.

For more information please contact:

Mail: [email protected]

or

Send me a Private message

ah too many quote blocks ^^^ have to add here!

w00t.gif I have visions of a skool teacher .... with ruler or cane in hand ready to swipe those who are not keeping up.... facepalm.gif

Be nice to the workers...won't you!!!! wink.pngtongue.png

He will specially buy a pack of those pretty stickers and a marker pen and every dozen or so bricks will put a tick or a sticker. Teachers are supposed to reward good work too.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

can anyone recommend a handyman in the Lipa Noi area, we need to have some locks changed on some doors as well as a seal on the pool water pump and bulbs changed on the boundary walls and entrance.

we are located not to far from Niki Beach

Thanks

For your pool needs Samui water and pools which is on the way into Nathon just after the lights on the left. When the guy is there to fix the pool show him what you also want. They did several jobs non pool related for me in the past.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that. I only visit them once a year. I would have been lost.

Just as I was, as there are no signs on the door saying where they have moved to. smile.png

Yes, shops that move generally don't say were they moved too.... facepalm.gif

Perhaps some one should post this in the recommended businesses services thread! wink.pngwhistling.gif

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up re Lompriah @ Maenam

They have recently introduced a one way system running anti-clockwise around their office. I hadn't been there for a while and found myself going the wrong way round. Given the standard of driving by some of their drivers I couldn't help noticing the irony, particularly when if fired up the orchestra :)

plastic-whistle.png?width=300

They have recently introduced a one way system running anti-clockwise around their office. I hadn't been there for a while and found myself going the wrong way round. Given the standard of driving by some of their drivers I couldn't help noticing the irony, particularly when if fired up the orchestra smile.png

Are you one of those whistle blowers chappy's! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

If so it's only happened in the last few days, I often walk down there in the afternoon... clockwise!... so will watch for that! wink.png

Just to add, that now we are getting in the the stormy season, there is a chance that the ferries will go to / from Nathon... not a problem for those who have booked with hotel pick up, but could be for those who just arrive and want to buy a ticket....

• Like 1

They have recently introduced a one way system running anti-clockwise around their office. I hadn't been there for a while and found myself going the wrong way round. Given the standard of driving by some of their drivers I couldn't help noticing the irony, particularly when if fired up the orchestra smile.png

Are you one of those whistle blowers chappy's! tongue.pngbiggrin.png

If so it's only happened in the last few days, I often walk down there in the afternoon... clockwise!... so will watch for that! wink.png

Just to add, that now we are getting in the the stormy season, there is a chance that the ferries will go to / from Nathon... not a problem for those who have booked with hotel pick up, but could be for those who just arrive and want to buy a ticket....

Well I don't know what to say, evadgib, your posts are normally right on!!!....... but it's still the same as I have ever known it down there at Lomprayah! ... must be a long time since you were there! ???

anti clock wise! same same as I have known it ..... and I have sore feet now! tongue.pngwhistling.gif

Central%2520and%2520Maenam%2520beach-15.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Heads up re MOT-DAN Autos

Dan autos is 'closed until Wednesday' therefore anyone looking to have their chassis no read may need to do it elsewhere. Does anyone know any other testing stations on the island other than @ DVLA?

Yes I know biggrin.png I posted it once before, but here you go.

On the road to Lipa Noi on the way to the transport department, there is 2 inspection staions. They are on your right, one is very close to when you turn off the main road, the other , yellow from memory further down toward the sea. They both have a sign of a gear ,Cost about 220 baht I think.

• Like 2

Dan autos is 'closed until Wednesday' therefore anyone looking to have their chassis no read may need to do it elsewhere. Does anyone know any other testing stations on the island other than @ DVLA?

On the road to Lipa Noi on the way to the transport department, there is 2 inspection staions. They are on your right, one is very close to when you turn off the main road, the other , yellow from memory further down toward the sea. They both have a sign of a gear ,Cost about 220 baht I think.

Signs are all in Thai, but seemed quite efficient in the first one at least... I actually did not realize there was a second place a bit further up... but the guy in charge did speak English!

Compared to what Dan Auto wanted to transfer a bike, this and Motor Vehicle office, was about 90% cheaper, doing it your self!

Vegetable%2BFest%2B2014_-4.jpg

• Like 1

Compared to what Dan Auto wanted to transfer a bike, this and Motor Vehicle office, was about 90% cheaper, doing it your self!

Jimmy, you are 100% correct. It is always cheaper to do it yourself - unless you put a value on your personal hourly rate.

I am running a busy business. I would rather take 40 minutes to go to Dan Auto (20 minutes each way) and get them to do the paperwork, than go all of the way to the Lipa Noi and waste at least half a day. (I have done both).

Sorry - forgot to say. I have 5 bikes and two cars - that is a lot of trips to Lipa Noi!

Off topic slightly, but to make my point. I pay my accountant to process my work permit/visa extension. Included in this are my 90 day reports. I would rather give my accountant the money (it is a small increase on what I already pay) than waste my time arguing with Birdman. I too refused to pay any of his bribes in the early days and all of my later visits were spent wasting time waiting for him and being insulted in front of others. I have not been to SI for over 5 years! clap2.gif

It is all down to the price that you put on personal time. If I had nothing to do - sure. A day trip to Lipa Noi sounds nice but I am a bit too busy thank you. But good advice to those with plenty of spare time on their hands.

Edited by Tropicalevo

Jimmy, you are 100% correct. It is always cheaper to do it yourself - unless you put a value on your personal hourly rate.

I am running a busy business. I would rather take 40 minutes to go to Dan Auto (20 minutes each way) and get them to do the paperwork, than go all of the way to the Lipa Noi and waste at least half a day. (I have done both).

Sorry - forgot to say. I have 5 bikes and two cars - that is a lot of trips to Lipa Noi!

Off topic slightly, but to make my point. I pay my accountant to process my work permit/visa extension. Included in this are my 90 day reports. I would rather give my accountant the money (it is a small increase on what I already pay) than waste my time arguing with Birdman. I too refused to pay any of his bribes in the early days and all of my later visits were spent wasting time waiting for him and being insulted in front of others. I have not been to SI for over 5 years! clap2.gif

It is all down to the price that you put on personal time. If I had nothing to do - sure. A day trip to Lipa Noi sounds nice but I am a bit too busy thank you. But good advice to those with plenty of spare time on their hands.

Well I have a lot more time than you... being a retired old fart, 4 months younger than you, so don't have an hourly rate ... wish I did sometimes! tongue.png

Yes understandable from your point of view and running a business... I just use as an excuse to drive around and take more photos! thumbsup.gif

If I remember Dan Auto wanted over 4000 baht plus...w00t.gif .... gas and time for me much cheaper! smile.png

• Like 1

Signs are all in Thai, but seemed quite efficient in the first one at least... I actually did not realize there was a second place a bit further up... but the guy in charge did speak English!

Vegetable%2BFest%2B2014_-4.jpg

Thanks Jimmy, I was in & out in under 20 mins @ 200 baht. With imm being just down the road I did my 90 day too:)

• Like 1