90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

Some of this is probably duplicate. I am admittedly too lazy to read 275 other posts in detail. Anyway, maybe some bit of this will actually be useful:

1. Arrived at CM Immigration at 5:20AM on Tuesday, November 11, 2014, to get my next one-year retirement extension. There are four separate lines outside now, and one is for 90-dayers. It had maybe 8 people in it.

2. The longest line by far was the retiree/education extension line. I received queue number 30 and was told to return after 1300, which I did (12:45 actually). Activities were paused for lunch and gradually got underway again after 1:00P. 24 of the 25 people estimated made it through before lunch. I had to wait maybe 40 minutes to be called.

3. I had chosen Tuesday because I thought, wrongly, that when I got the new retirement extension, a new 90/90/90/90 clock would start. My current 90-day expired on Tuesday. Turned out that after receiving the retirement extension (and having my passport returned), I had to get a number for the 90-day queue and begin another wait (with form completed and required copies I had not anticipated done while waiting). Those are essentially two entirely unrelated processes (except that the new 90-day required the retirement extension in order for me to be allowed to stay).

4. I entered the 90-day queue as #79 around 2:20PM. #40 was being processed. My wait was about 80 minutes. Actual processing time was maybe 5 minutes and I was out the door. I should add there appeared to be several no-shows for the line to move so quickly.

Hope some of that helps someone. Cheers.

My 90 day report is due on Nov 25. Today I mailed off the required bits to Immi... so, I will either here back from them that it's inside of the 15 day before window, in which case I will do the in person visit on or before the 25th...or, I will receive notice that all was received and check back in 90 days... hoping for the later...it seems easier than going there in person..

don't see what this post adds to the subject.

If you go to report 7 days after due date or 14 days before , is the next due date from the day you actually go , or from the due date on your passport , (retire visa )

It's 15 days before to 7 days after. The next due date is 90 days from the date you reported, they are not in sync with your extension nor 90 days from the date stamped on your 90 day receipt if reporting early/late. Example, if your report date is Nov. 25 and you file the 90 day on Nov. 15 your next report due date is 90 days after Nov. 15.

Did my report yesterday and got out in less than hour, arriving at 1 PM. Looks like they were doing about one report every 2-3 minutes so not too bad.

Is there a Thai Visa thread on the current mail-in reporting program? I used it in the past but stopped when it was discontinued for a short period.

Did my report yesterday and got out in less than hour, arriving at 1 PM. Looks like they were doing about one report every 2-3 minutes so not too bad.

Is there a Thai Visa thread on the current mail-in reporting program? I used it in the past but stopped when it was discontinued for a short period.

I have a pinned topic on it here - http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

• Like 1

Went on friday to my 1 yr extn. Turned up at 6am. Doors opened at 7am I got 9th in the queue. 3rd for my particular desk. Was out the door my 9.30am. Very happy.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Three and a half hours? I would not be happy.

Went on friday to my 1 yr extn. Turned up at 6am. Doors opened at 7am I got 9th in the queue. 3rd for my particular desk. Was out the door my 9.30am. Very happy.

Keep in mind they don't start working until 8 (or 8.30?).

Thats about as good as it gets in CM.

• Like 1

Went in today at 1300, first in line, got my ticket and 42 people in front of me, all whom had got numbers before lunch and had to clear off until 1300. I noticed a girl sitting near me had a ticket 12 before mine and asked her what time she got there. She said she arrived just before 11am and was told right away 'come back after lunch '. I was out in exactly 90 minutes but would have been a lot faster if people didn't keep going to the 90 day desk asking stupid questions about form filling etc. It always amazes me how many people turn up without forms already filled out or correct paperwork. Seems a lot of people are rubbish at homework.

I also noted that the two young staff members manning the 90 day desk could not sign off receipts, so one of them kept scuttling back and forth across the room to get a senior man to sign off individual sheets of paper before coming back and clipping them inside passports.

All in all it's a buggers muddle and the progress that had been made with speeding things up has totally vanished. Thailand; one step forward and two back....period !

Edited by trainman34014

This thread really gets nutsy! The matter is a simple one whether you agree with the necessity or not of the 90-day report!

HELLO! biggrin.png Just follow the pinned thread at the top --- if you have a reliable mail address, as you should. If you do not, go to the office. There should be no angst!

If you do not like the necessity or inconvenience of this particular regulation, then perhaps you should return whence you came!

Otherwise, if there is a SUBSTANTIVE change in regulation and its application in Chiang Mai, then post here to keep us all informed. Right now, at the urging of Thai Immigration, use the mail! Nothing easier or cheaper!

Edited by Mapguy

Still seems to be many people not using the mail in option which has been requested by CM Immigration themselves to avoid crowding...why ?

you and others, use the postal system

me and others. engage a visa agent

others prefer, not to use the above two alternatives,( and probably for very good reasons), and pay a visit personally to the zoo,

the above 3 alternatives are accepted by the zoo,and its entirely a personal choice which way u want to go

so why fret????

a top of the morning to allsmile.png

Still seems to be many people not using the mail in option which has been requested by CM Immigration themselves to avoid crowding...why ?

Pinned topic at top of this page

I tried the mail-in option some time ago. After getting nothing back, I went to Immigration on the last day in the grace period and I was told I would have to make the report that day. I stood in line outside in the sun for a long time to get a number to go inside and get a number.

I had a tracking from the Thai Post showing it signed for at Immigration in plenty of time.

I am sure things may have changed.

Based on current agents fees I guess he just saved himself around THB2000 per hour?

• Like 1

Based on current agents fees I guess he just saved himself around THB2000 per hour?

Considering this is a 90 day reporting thread I most assuredly would be unhappy. The longest I ever had to wait was an hour and a half.

Lightening fast 90 day report by mail:

I posted all the required paperwork by EMS on Wednesday afternoon Nov 12, and received it back from Immigration by mail on the following Tuesday Nov 18.

It took a little longer last time, but I would not even consider taking the time to wait in line at the immigration office.

• Like 1

For the first time in years I was late for my 90 day reporting. Went to Patong immigration a week late with my passport and all the usual copies. The chap on the desk said I don't need to bring any photocopies any more as everything is stored on the computer, no "fine', not that I have ever had a" fine' or "admin" cost, and I was in and out in 5 minutes.

For the first time in years I was late for my 90 day reporting. Went to Patong immigration a week late with my passport and all the usual copies. The chap on the desk said I don't need to bring any photocopies any more as everything is stored on the computer, no "fine', not that I have ever had a" fine' or "admin" cost, and I was in and out in 5 minutes.

Lucky you! But this thread isn't about Patong. In Chiang Mai you still need copies and if you had reported outside the grace period, you would have been expected to pay a fine. Furthermore, it really slows down the process when someone pays a fine -- the Immigration officers act like they've never written a receipt before.

Lucky you! But this thread isn't about Patong. In Chiang Mai you still need copies and if you had reported outside the grace period, you would have been expected to pay a fine. Furthermore, it really slows down the process when someone pays a fine -- the Immigration officers act like they've never written a receipt before.

It might be in the Chiang Mai Forum but the title is a general one.

The only reason I posted this is that this Patong office has attracted so many negative posts about requests for so called fines and admin fees so I was quite frankly very surprised not to receive either. It is interesting and perhaps indicative of the way that all the offices are heading. With regard to the lack of a requirement for copied documentary support this must be a recent thing as I needed it last time round. Again perhaps something that will happen at all offices.

SDM

There is much more paperwork than just a receipt when someone is late reporting. Lack of respect for the Immigration Police Officers is only harmful.

• Like 1