90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

^^Same here. Parked at the airport and arrived at immigration at 3:00PM the time frame I always use and middle of the week. Last 90 day and all subsequent ones for ages there was usually either no one in the queue or just a couple of them. Picked up my queue number - 645 serving 610. It was moving very slow with some holdups for not having everything in order.

It's like someone flipped a switch and everybody decides to start reporting. I don't buy it being an influx of long term individuals either, it changed way too fast from a few minutes a few months ago and all prior 90 day reporting times I've done to scary queue numbers. I have to admit I left after 20-30 minutes for the hot walk back to the airport as I didn't have the time/patience today.

Never thought I would consider mail in but may be now.

still tumbling in, like oranges

fellas do yourself a big favour get yourself a agent,

No need to pay an agent. Pick yourself up some envelopes, stamps, photocopies, registered stickers....all the things most people have in their home office, and do it by post. Takes all of 5 minutes to put it all together and hand it to the postman or drop it at the post next time you go. Easy as can be and costs about 40 Baht or less in stamps.

Problem solved.

huhh problem solved??

gosh ..a pig .. just flew by my window

^^Same here. Parked at the airport and arrived at immigration at 3:00PM the time frame I always use and middle of the week. Last 90 day and all subsequent ones for ages there was usually either no one in the queue or just a couple of them. Picked up my queue number - 645 serving 610. It was moving very slow with some holdups for not having everything in order.

It's like someone flipped a switch and everybody decides to start reporting. I don't buy it being an influx of long term individuals either, it changed way too fast from a few minutes a few months ago and all prior 90 day reporting times I've done to scary queue numbers. I have to admit I left after 20-30 minutes for the hot walk back to the airport as I didn't have the time/patience today.

No need to pay an agent. Pick yourself up some envelopes, stamps, photocopies, registered stickers....all the things most people have in their home office, and do it by post. Takes all of 5 minutes to put it all together and hand it to the postman or drop it at the post next time you go. Easy as can be and costs about 40 Baht or less in stamps.

Problem solved.

huhh problem solved??

Could always promote your agent,just for a change!

Problem solved.

huhh problem solved??

Could always promote your agent,just for a change!

may come as agent promotion, <removed> ,just passing on good contents,to members

also my super agent has been mentioned as a trustworthy,efficient visa agent on other threads,where i had no input at all

thailand enjoy your trips to the sewer dept, where some aussies called it the shearers shed.both names are very suitable..J.M.O

Edited by onthedarkside
insulting comment removed

I did use one and it was great until I had to start making two trips and leave/pickup my passport. I just have issues with leaving my passport out of my possession for any amount of time.

i was under the same apprehension as u ,leaving my passport out my duke, until i met my super agent pom of o.s.visas. honestly cobber this outfit is outstanding for all visas related business

rate her as good as our cutie doc,skin clinic ram hospital,we both know how good she is, do it cobbersmile.png

Could you repeat for me in English please ? Your slang means nothing to those not of your persuasion. Thank you.

• Like 1

Would sending by registered mail 11 days before the due date be acceptable to immigration staff?

Sure. I've sent it right up to a day before the due date. No problem.

Thanks for your help.

Cheerssmile.png

No problem. You can check the tracking from Thai Post and see when it was delivered and even get the name and signature of the person who signed for it. So you are totally covered. Cheers,

• Like 1

Earlier posts had indicated they had changed the form a little bit. Is this true.?

Earlier posts had indicated they had changed the form a little bit. Is this true.?

I didn't pick up a form while there but 'modified' the download form to match exactly the scanned one shown earlier.

Would sending by registered mail 11 days before the due date be acceptable to immigration staff?

Thanks for your help.

Cheerssmile.png

No problem. You can check the tracking from Thai Post and see when it was delivered and even get the name and signature of the person who signed for it. So you are totally covered. Cheers,

I recommend putting "90 วัน" on the envelope and that way it will go straight to the lady who processes the 90-day reports.

• Like 1

Thanks for your help.

Cheerssmile.png

My one time trial of doing by mail I had the tracking reports from ThaiPost showing it delivered and signed for...... The reply when I got there on the final day to report, "you will have to make the report today". I stood outside in the sun for more than an hour just to get in to get a queue number. They did not find my paperwork I was told.

Went back in again today for my 2nd attempt to do the 90 day. This time parked across the street and made use of the car wash service there as the car was in desperate need of cleaning since the last rains. Arrived in the door of immigration at 1:30PM and got a queue number. Number 595 serving 570, better than last time but still long. Went out for a walkabout and came back 10+ minutes later and the number hadn't moved. Set down a bit disappointed. After about another 5 minutes or more the number just jumped from 570 to 580 with no numbers in between. Agent?

Went reasonably fast after that and was out the door at 2:20 so 50 minutes to complete. Picked up my clean car and since had some time headed over to Rimping Nim City to stock up on some items.

Not so terrible as I got 3 things that needed done in a reasonable amount of time.

//edit - I used my modified TM47 form with the additional information on it with no problems.

• Like 1

Went back in again today for my 2nd attempt to do the 90 day. This time parked across the street and made use of the car wash service there as the car was in desperate need of cleaning since the last rains. Arrived in the door of immigration at 1:30PM and got a queue number. Number 595 serving 570, better than last time but still long. Went out for a walkabout and came back 10+ minutes later and the number hadn't moved. Set down a bit disappointed. After about another 5 minutes or more the number just jumped from 570 to 580 with no numbers in between. Agent?

Went reasonably fast after that and was out the door at 2:20 so 50 minutes to complete. Picked up my clean car and since had some time headed over to Rimping Nim City to stock up on some items.

Not so terrible as I got 3 things that needed done in a reasonable amount of time.

//edit - I used my modified TM47 form with the additional information on it with no problems.

Are you going to change the form on the pined topics at the top of the forum?

Would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I gave it a test run last week and no problems, thanks Tywais.

Last Wednesday was my 90 day reporting target and while I usually, over 6 years, visit around 3.45 pm and have never been more than 15 minutes, Wednesday was a bit of a nightmare.

There were several reasons.

(a) I arrived before schedule, around 3pm, got ticket 638, 611 was on the board and did not move for 15-20 minutes.There was only the rather rotund gentleman manning the 90 day area.

(b ) I took the opportunity to have a chat with the officer on your far left as you face the counters, we have got to know each other over time and he was not busy..

I said "problem with 90 day today". "Yes" he replied some of our staff have gone to Nan they are opening a new office today and they have gone to train the new staff.

He confirmed that to his knowledge, when funding is approved from Bangkok, a bigger office will be constructed on site taking in the car park area as well as the existing building.As to where

they will relocate while construction is going on he inferred opposite Promenada as the the most likely.

© There appears to be a growing number of Japanese,Chinese and Korean residents doing 90 day reporting.There were several on Wednesday. Problem is they arrive at the counter not having ,or unable to, fill out the required form. The only guy on duty then spent a long time helping them complete the forms.This could of could be avoided if they set up an desk away from the main area.

(d) At 3,45pm a youngish girl arrived with a bag full of passports and no number ,she just bounced up to the counter and proceeded to process them and was obviously well known to the

officer.Most likely an agent who can queue jump.Another 20 minutes passed.

(e) Finally got processed at 4.30pm and there were still about 30 people patiently waiting.

So it would appear that until a new office is built and more staff obtained its only going to get worse.Aggravated by so many who simply do not know the process.

Lastly If you are booking on line for an extension I suggest you sit at your computer at midnight and log on to the site.

By 12.15 am all slots for the next available day (100 days time) were gone.I got mine but I guess quite a few missed out.

10 pages of people whinging about immigration queues for 90 day reports when all you have to do is drop the damn thing in the post and use the time to enjoy your day instead.blink.png

am i missing something/whistling.gif

Not really a fair assessment as most are reporting recent current experiences to help others prepare and decide.

1st, before July this year, there were rarely reports of very long queues such as being experienced now. Something happened at that time period until now that set off extended queues. My last 90 day was in June and 5 minutes and maybe a couple queued. Now based on recent reports some members will probably be electing the mail in or agent route whereas before it wasn't much of an issue.

2nd, I suspect some/many members don't trust the mail in option fully due to it suddenly being stopped leaving some in a bind and uncertainty.

Modifying the form was not as simple as I expected as I had to hack the file to remove the editing password security. My first version I accidentally removed the auto-highlighting on a couple of fields so just redid the form now and is fully intact with all auto-highlighting fields working. Also, reapplied a password so members don't accidentally modify the fixed information. smile.png

The CM specific form is now in the pinned topic in both Word format and pdf format. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

• Like 2

Last Wednesday was my 90 day report

I took the opportunity to have a chat with the officer on your far left as you face the counters, we have got to know each other over time and he was not busy..

He confirmed that to his knowledge, when funding is approved from Bangkok, a bigger office will be constructed on site taking in the car park area as well as the existing building.As to where

they will relocate while construction is going on he inferred opposite Promenada as the the most likely.

a pig has just flown past my window

Modifying the form was not as simple as I expected as I had to hack the file to remove the editing password security. My first version I accidentally removed the auto-highlighting on a couple of fields so just redid the form now and is fully intact with all auto-highlighting fields working. Also, reapplied a password so members don't accidentally modify the fixed information. smile.png

The CM specific form is now in the pinned topic in both Word format and pdf format. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/557382-90-day-report-procedures/

Thank you.

Paper work is not my strong point so I like to have it prepared before I go in there.

Edit

I was just wondering how many mail in's were affected by this new form.

Edited by northernjohn

I took the opportunity to have a chat with the officer on your far left as you face the counters, we have got to know each other over time and he was not busy..

Why would you doubt it? If the funds are approved the time in getting a qualified contractor may prove to be a hold up but I see no reason for it not being done. I do see longer delays in getting through the Immigration process at any of the different services they have while the construction is still going on. At the end maybe we will have a lot better service as I am sure they will have the room to properly staff it. When they start the building I am thinking the visa services may be the way to go as for the mail I have heard to many people say they had a problem. Some even traced it and still wound up going in.

Yes I know the usual crowd will be along to say how superior they are because they were not one to have a problem with it. But I have heard enough complaints to be leary of it.

The thing I have heard most about people who drink to much is they see Pink Elephants.

I did use one and it was great until I had to start making two trips and leave/pickup my passport. I just have issues with leaving my passport out of my possession for any amount of time.

Same for me...I used the folks in Chiangmai Land till that new requirement then

started doing it myself.

Cant complain really. I go early in the due dates window & if busy skip it.

Always gets done on the 1st or 2nd try & I am out & about anyway so no biggie.

Observation on doing a 90 Day Report:

We had our form completed and the copies needed for the report. The Officer took about

1 minute on each one of them and handed them back completed.

We had to wait over an hour while we watched dozens of the simple minded walk up to the counter

THEN begin to fill out the form-THEN out the door to get the copies made - process generally took 10-15

minutes for each one of the fools who don't have the sense to figure out what they are supposed to be doing.

Meanwhile everyonelse has to wait for them. Willing to bet in 90 days they will repeat the same process.

Why would you doubt it? If the funds are approved the time in getting a qualified contractor may prove to be a hold up but I see no reason for it not being done. I do see longer delays in getting through the Immigration process at any of the different services they have while the construction is still going on. At the end maybe we will have a lot better service as I am sure they will have the room to properly staff it. When they start the building I am thinking the visa services may be the way to go as for the mail I have heard to many people say they had a problem. Some even traced it and still wound up going in.

Yes I know the usual crowd will be along to say how superior they are because they were not one to have a problem with it. But I have heard enough complaints to be leary of it.

The thing I have heard most about people who drink to much is they see Pink Elephants.

it is J.M.O. that i seriously doubt it, surely as a member i can express my opinions as so,with out being subjected to drinking innuendos as your last line of your posts suggests

please go and hassle someone else,

a nice afternoon to allsmile.png

• Like 1