90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

I was there on the 16th for my 90 day reporting and it was the longest that it has ever taken me in the last 6 or 7 years. I was there for 2 hrs or maybe a little more. I got there about 1:30-1:45 pm as I always do and was there until almost 4:00 pm.... The queue was at 609 and they gave me number 652..... There was many times the queue didn't move a single number for 10 or 15 mins..... and then it would race through 6 or 7 numbers.

I never had to sign or fill out any additional form that has been mentioned but the woman who did mine looked at my visa and told me it was going to expire on July 29th. I said I know, I will be in next week to renew. She informed me that they are now allowing you to renew your visa up to 45 days before the old one expires. That was new information to me because years ago I went to renew with like 3 weeks left and they said to come back when it's within 2 weeks..... Never did like waiting until the last minute.

BTW, I wish they would fix the audio (English) for the queue numbers being called out. Has anyone noticed how they say the fours are zeros? Been like this for a long time. I got to point where I only listen to it in Thai.

It seemed to be extremely busy on the 16th.... More than usual.... and it showed as the parking at the gas station across the street was getting full..... I wonder if they will ever upgrade the size of the building as well as make appropriate parking.

I was there on the 16th too. Arrived at 10:40 and it was the slowest I ever seen the queue move. I had to come back after lunch to process my 90 day. Next time I'll try after 3pm or fork over some baht for an agent.

My extension last month only took 45 minutes, at least that section has become more efficient.

What do you mean by took 45 minutes. Did you have an appointment? Did you just show up and get a number like when you don't have an appointment?

If you had an on line appointment that is not that big a deal. I have heard several in half an hour.

Did a 90 day today 1 hour and 15 minutes all told. I will not let the wife schedule it any more. She just had to do it today because we were at the Mall for a movie. I think she learned her lesson today. Never on a Friday or a Monday or the day before and after a holiday.

I noticed one clerk doing most of the work. It took her less than two minutes to process me. The other clerk had about 5 people standing there and I think he was doing them all at once. They were there for 20 minutes while I was there and I have no idea of how long after I left. I got there about 2 in the Afternoon.

I was in there, today, nothing was given to me. People were filling out the form at the counter.....kind of rude. Oh...I was asked for a copy of the Visa.....is that normal? That was after she accepted a downright crappy copy of my pp page, but I had another one on standby. Can I still do it by mail? BTW, the officer was very pleasant, and they were swarmed today....Figure at least 3 minutes per number in the reporting line.

Yes, you can do it by mail, as has been pointed out recently on this thread. The procedures are covered in a pinned thread above.

Surprising that, after a four-day weekend (!) that things moved as quickly as they apparently did today. Certainly lines everywhere at government offices.

Regarding what is needed, just check the pinned thread above!

Must have been tiring doing the rounds biggrin.png

Did a 90 day today 1 hour and 15 minutes all told. I will not let the wife schedule it any more. She just had to do it today because we were at the Mall for a movie. I think she learned her lesson today. Never on a Friday or a Monday or the day before and after a holiday.

I noticed one clerk doing most of the work. It took her less than two minutes to process me. The other clerk had about 5 people standing there and I think he was doing them all at once. They were there for 20 minutes while I was there and I have no idea of how long after I left. I got there about 2 in the Afternoon.

Yep..I agree on the Monday, Friday or the day before/after holiday. Same goes for banks.

I was there on the 16th for my 90 day reporting and it was the longest that it has ever taken me in the last 6 or 7 years. I was there for 2 hrs or maybe a little more. I got there about 1:30-1:45 pm as I always do and was there until almost 4:00 pm.... The queue was at 609 and they gave me number 652..... There was many times the queue didn't move a single number for 10 or 15 mins..... and then it would race through 6 or 7 numbers.

I never had to sign or fill out any additional form that has been mentioned but the woman who did mine looked at my visa and told me it was going to expire on July 29th. I said I know, I will be in next week to renew. She informed me that they are now allowing you to renew your visa up to 45 days before the old one expires. That was new information to me because years ago I went to renew with like 3 weeks left and they said to come back when it's within 2 weeks..... Never did like waiting until the last minute.

BTW, I wish they would fix the audio (English) for the queue numbers being called out. Has anyone noticed how they say the fours are zeros? Been like this for a long time. I got to point where I only listen to it in Thai.

It seemed to be extremely busy on the 16th.... More than usual.... and it showed as the parking at the gas station across the street was getting full..... I wonder if they will ever upgrade the size of the building as well as make appropriate parking.

I was there on the 16th too. Arrived at 10:40 and it was the slowest I ever seen the queue move. I had to come back after lunch to process my 90 day. Next time I'll try after 3pm or fork over some baht for an agent.

My extension last month only took 45 minutes, at least that section has become more efficient.

What do you mean by took 45 minutes. Did you have an appointment? Did you just show up and get a number like when you don't have an appointment?

If you had an on line appointment that is not that big a deal. I have heard several in half an hour.

Yes, I had an appointment. Should've clarified that. Still the fasted I've had an extension done with an appointment since it was introduced. Usually takes about an hour and a half.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sparkles - want to make it 100?

• Like 1

did my 90 day report today, approx 2 mins, and i was on my waybiggrin.png my super visa agent takes care of the rest,some gal she issmile.png

no sewer dept visits ever for me. may the good lord let it continue

a nice evening to allbiggrin.png

Sewer department? What a strange term to use for a government office with people lining up do do what they are required to do. Are you sure you are "all there", so to say?

Not only required to do but if they don't do it he will not be with us much longer. No gratitude what so ever in the man. People working to keep him here living the good life and he equates them to sewer workers. Who would also take offense at his superior attitude.

• Like 2

did my 90 day report today, approx 2 mins, and i was on my waybiggrin.png my super visa agent takes care of the rest,some gal she issmile.png

no sewer dept visits ever for me. may the good lord let it continue

a nice evening to allbiggrin.png

What an appalling remark to make. Seeing as your avatar is of a famous Australian horse from years gone by, any chance you might go out to pasture...permanently ?

• Like 1

I'm frankly quite surprised people are still showing up in person for 90-day reports when the reporting by post option has been back on the table for at least 10 months now. And it's very efficient now. Comes back in about 5-7 days compared to about 30-35 days in the past. I couldn't imagine showing up there, hassling the parking, etc. for something that can be dropped in the post.

I'm frankly quite surprised people are still showing up in person for 90-day reports when the reporting by post option has been back on the table for at least 10 months now. And it's very efficient now. Comes back in about 5-7 days compared to about 30-35 days in the past. I couldn't imagine showing up there, hassling the parking, etc. for something that can be dropped in the post.

I enjoy going in person just because I am an avid people watcher and you get an interesting variety there.

David

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I enjoy going in person just because I am an avid people watcher and you get an interesting variety there.

David

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Have to admit I am a bit like you. It is interesting to watch other people and their reactions.

Also the reactions of some of the posters.

Probably not make a difference in my life but never the less interesting. It is kind of a strange post to put here when it is so obvious that a lot of us are still doing it.

Well signing off for another 90 days will continue to drop in and see if their is any changes. Been here long enough to know that they can drop the mail in with out notification.

How is it that such a pedestrian endeavour that is so simple and straightforward to do attracts such a colossal following (in literally thousands of posts over the years) ! Even more than comments on local hamburger and pizza joints!

1) Tywais has nailed the procedures for Chiang Mai down pat in the pinned thread above.

2) One suggestion: YES, mailed registration is allowed, so Tywais might expand his pinned post somewhat. That would be appreciated.

3) It is commonsensical that parking is limited (while tuk tuks and song taew are ubiquitous and basically cheap) and that any government office in any country doing such a service should not be visited at the usual busy times.

Yes, the report can be a petty annoyance (and more so, if you live far afield and don't realize you don't actually have to go to Immigration to report!) That is not terribly difficult to figure out.

In a thread like this one, with blow-by-blow incidental mentions of the day's activity and miscelanious debates about the efficacy or foolishness of employing agents ultimately just ends up being confusing, especially for nervous newcomers. The needful could be easily included in the pinned thread, and net nannies could easily eliminate miscelaneous threads of the naive or annoyed.

I took my husband to do the 90 days report yesterday. I was amazed how small the immigration is as we moved from Bangkok. But the officers are nice.

We have to report that we moved to new location first. I did not know :(. However, they suggested us to do it at other building behind a copy machine. We must ask our landlord to do it. But the captain said they'll let us do it on our own. It's very nice of them.

If you have a car, I would suggest to park at Cantral Plaza Airport and walk to immigration. As their parking is so tiny.

We will do his visa extension in October. Hope it goes well ^_^

• Like 2

Went at 3pm today and was in and out in 10 minutes. The officer confirmed that 90 day by Mail is possible, so that's my choice next time.

I was there yesterday about 2:30pm. It took me longer than that but it was fine with me as we were not in a hurry. But I don't think my husband will do it by mail. He may prefer to show up there as we can walk in a mall and see some friend at Kad Suan Kaew ^_^

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Ding Dong ,go back 2 posts, read about times NOT TO GO and all will be revealed.

Did you read my post? I stated I have been going between 1:30 and 1:45 for the past 6/7 years and never ever had to wait that long. Also I stated that it seemed busier than usual...... Reading two posts back did nothing for me but waste my time....

Ding Dong ,go back 2 posts, read about times NOT TO GO and all will be revealed.

Did you read my post? I stated I have been going between 1:30 and 1:45 for the past 6/7 years and never ever had to wait that long. Also I stated that it seemed busier than usual...... Reading two posts back did nothing for me but waste my time....

Try to find your previous post, but my connection is so slow.

I had a hard time finding a parking. There was a sign says "next door" and I have no idea what they are talking about!!!

So we decided to park at Central Airport as it was raining. We waited until the rain stopped and walk there.

We spent perhaps an hour plus there. It did not surprise me as it was our first time in to do 90 days in CM. The immigration is way too small comparing to activities they have. That should move to new place.

Yesterday we met two Amercians at Starbucks. They suggested to park at the airport. But I still feel that Central Airport outdoor parking is more convenience. As we drove into the Airport and realize that we may have to push a 10 cars out of our way of we parked there.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Went at 3pm today and was in and out in 10 minutes. The officer confirmed that 90 day by Mail is possible, so that's my choice next time.

In and out in 10 minutes, won't it take you longer to go to the post office?

Disregard this if you live in the boonies of course.

If you want to continue going between 1.30pm and 1.45pm for a 90 day report up to you but no point coming back here complaining about having to wait 2 hours. Situation has moved on since 2007 !

If you want to continue going between 1.30pm and 1.45pm for a 90 day report up to you but no point coming back here complaining about having to wait 2 hours. Situation has moved on since 2007 !

I know, it's my choice, not yours.... I have been doing those times for the past 5+ years and as I said, this last time it took me much longer and appeared to be a larger crowd than normal.... Wasn't complaining just stating the info......

Some days are worse than others.

I have gotten use to it & since I start 2 weeks before due I have time.

If I drive over & I see a crowd outside I come back the next day.

Funny how it is night & day at times.

I dont envy the workers.

On a side note.....I was in for my yearly extension

Was not very crowded at all.

But the very nice lady that sat at desk 4 for over a year is no loner doing

extensions.

She has moved to the back room & they have a man in her desk now.

Also the work force there has really increased in numbers

I would guess at least 5 or more new officers up front now.

Hi, I think I know the answer to this question, but as it is going to be my first 90-day report I'd like to be 100% sure, so bear with a 'newbie' -

The date stamped on the ticket in my passport says I need to report by 06 August - that was 90 days after I received the visa extension. However, last month I went to Singapore for several days and re-entered (using the multiple re-entry stamp) on 29 June.

So, do I still need to report on 06 August, or can I wait until 90 days from 29 June?

Hi, I think I know the answer to this question, but as it is going to be my first 90-day report I'd like to be 100% sure, so bear with a 'newbie' -

The date stamped on the ticket in my passport says I need to report by 06 August - that was 90 days after I received the visa extension. However, last month I went to Singapore for several days and re-entered (using the multiple re-entry stamp) on 29 June.

So, do I still need to report on 06 August, or can I wait until 90 days from 29 June?

90 days from 29th June. From 14 days before due date to 7 days after.

90 days from 29th June. From 14 days before due date to 7 days after.

OK, thanks very much; that's what I came to think today although the 'information' given at Immigration when I obtained the original extension didn't cover that 'get-out' from reporting. So, as I am almost always never staying here for 90 days (mainly living in China) I probably won't have to attend Immigration until the 1-year renewal of the visa exemption, right?