90 Day Reporting - Comments & Experiences 2014

Tywais

In and out 20 minutes this afternoon. And a parking space!

6 numbers in front when I got my ticket.Training a young lady so perhaps a little longer than usual as one officer checking what she was doing.

You're slowing down. biggrin.png

I'll never get that extra 5 minutes back again! (-:

I see now that my post does sound disrespectful.

That is just fine ./?

Oh my goodness, of course not. It goes without saying If you know anything about me, I think you'd agree I'm not one to show disrespect to Immigration officials.

Yeh, well you did and did not apologize for it so wonder where that came from?

Last my notify 90days on June, but on August I re-new, extension my visa, next notify 90days count from June or August? Anyone can help me? Thanks!

The date of next reporting will be stamped on your 90 day receipt so need to go by that. Sometimes they may make the 90 day only valid until your permission of stay stamp expiration but always modify the receipt to extend it out to the actual 90 days when they do the extension. At least that is what happened to me a couple of times.

• Like 1

The date of next reporting will be stamped on your 90 day receipt so need to go by that. Sometimes they may make the 90 day only valid until your permission of stay stamp expiration but always modify the receipt to extend it out to the actual 90 days when they do the extension. At least that is what happened to me a couple of times.

I wonder because I think on august when I extension visa is same one time report. already pay 2.000 bath today facepalm.gif

Posted mine yesterday, will report back on success/failure.

Then it occurred to me, the hassle of going to the post office wasn't much different to going to the immigration office. I wonder if they'd let us drop off our 90 day report (as per mailed in requirements) in person with the SAE and they post the new slip back?

• Like 1

Posted mine yesterday, will report back on success/failure.

Then it occurred to me, the hassle of going to the post office wasn't much different to going to the immigration office. I wonder if they'd let us drop off our 90 day report (as per mailed in requirements) in person with the SAE and they post the new slip back?

Actually that's not such a bad idea a sort of 'drop off box', another option.

But it will all go tits up the minute someone doesn't receive it back.

I decided to go for the mail in option after the last time taking nearly 2 hours. Did it with some trepidation I will admit. wink.png

Put all the documents outlined in the pinned topic in an A4 envelope and included a standard letter size envelope inside with 6 Baht stamps (only had 2 3-baht stamps with me). Sent via EMS (32 Baht). I used my address in Thai on the SAE which exactly matched my 3BB bills as they always arrive and Immigration's return address in the top left corner just in case. Turns out the immigration return address is not needed as they stamp the envelope in that corner with their address.

For the A4 envelope I used the Thai version of the immigration address as I prefer not to add any level of complexity in the transit and my return address in the top left corner.

Dropped it off at the Chiang Mai University post office and it was stamped in on the 25th at 11:05 AM. Tracking shows it arrived afternoon at immigration on the 26th. 90 day receipt was printed at immigration on the 26th at 16:54. Arrived today, the 28th in the morning at home. So 3 days total time for doing it by mail.

BTW, I personally can not afford the time to wait around as I have a very busy work schedule and can't afford to take the time off. If I was retired ... hmm, probably would do mail in also. biggrin.png

The receipt is a computer printed version with bar code on it. Oh about recycling, on the back of the receipt was someone else's TM 47 receipt but 'Todd' started filling out the For Official Use Only area. laugh.png

EMS Delivery route and timing

post-566-0-92311800-1417169495_thumb.jpg

What the receipt looks like

post-566-0-64191700-1417169523_thumb.jpg

Note the change in the 90 day pinned topic as I added the Thai version of the immigration address, which I used for this mail in, for those who may prefer it.

• Like 1

Tywais, somewhere late in one of the original threads on the mailing procedure, you mentioned a PO Box number (P.O. Box 882) to add to the address. Do you think we need to use it?

Edit: I'd also note that the Receipt of Notification that I received back last week was not a computer form nor did it have a bar code on it (it simply, as usually has been the case for me, was the bottom of the TM 47 form that I mailed to Immigration). Probably depends on who does the processing.

Edited by CMBob

I was the one who mentioned "P.O. Box 882" originally. I addressed the next report I handled with that PO box. It got to the office, and the report came back quickly, but ANOTHER PO box number was handwritten in the second case! I decided it was useless to report that! Conclusion? I wouldn't worry about a PO Box #!

And there is no evidence that you need a Thai address for Immigration although --- I suppose --- in the jungle your own address in Thai might be helpful. Have never seen that problem "in town." but one should always make certain that a return address is complete and legible as well as accurate.

Edited by Mapguy

I was the one who mentioned "P.O. Box 882" originally. I addressed the next report I handled with that PO box. It got to the office, and the report came back quickly, but ANOTHER PO box number was handwritten in the second case! I decided it was useless to report that! Conclusion? I wouldn't worry about a PO Box #!

And there is no evidence that you need a Thai address for Immigration although --- I suppose --- in the jungle your own address in Thai might be helpful. Have never seen that problem "in town." but one should always make certain that a return address is complete and legible as well as accurate.

They hand wrote Post 1064 below where they stamped it. EMS normally would not need a PO address and would head straight to their office. If I use my PO box at the university it will add a day to get to me but my direct office address seems no delay. But that is in part that the office assistant has to go pick it up and imagine the same with immigration. So I wouldn't use a PO box as the address listed seems to have been working from reports by members.

As for using the Thai address or immigration, as I stated it is my personal preference to minimize one additional source of possible confusion and not saying it is a requirement. Up to members which way to go but with 3 day turnaround, seemed to work just fine for me.

Actually I showed a Thai friend at work to check if I typed the immigration address correctly and saw no problem. He did say that just the top line, Chiang Mai Immigration (in Thai), would get it there. Decided not to tell him there are 4 immigration offices in Chiang Mai. smile.png

post-566-0-46843800-1417173833_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

They hand wrote Post 1064 below where they stamped it. EMS normally would not need a PO address and would head straight to their office. If I use my PO box at the university it will add a day to get to me but my direct office address seems no delay. But that is in part that the office assistant has to go pick it up and imagine the same with immigration. So I wouldn't use a PO box as the address listed seems to have been working from reports by members.

As for using the Thai address or immigration, as I stated it is my personal preference to minimize one additional source of possible confusion and not saying it is a requirement. Up to members which way to go but with 3 day turnaround, seemed to work just fine for me.

Actually I showed a Thai friend at work to check if I typed the immigration address correctly and saw no problem. He did say that just the top line, Chiang Mai Immigration (in Thai), would get it there. Decided not to tell him there are 4 immigration offices in Chiang Mai. smile.png

attachicon.gifReturn.jpg

I sent mine the same day as you, Tywais, beat you in the queue too.

post-78027-0-56241100-1418140511_thumb.j

The number I think is the ref. for the postal notification.

I only attached a 5B stamp to the self addressed envelope. Found it stuffed away at the back of the letterbox early last week, no idea when it was returned.

The Receipt of Notification I received a couple weeks back also has the word "post" and, below that, the number 1046. So....given on this page alone we're reporting three different numbers, it seems somewhat doubtful that the numbers written on the Receipts relate to PO box numbers. Mine was dated November 18th which I think pre-dates the ones noted above by at least a couple of weeks and it would also seem doubtful that the numbers relate to timing or the quantity of Receipts done (surely they did more than 18 of them in 2+ weeks?). Now, as to what those numbers actually might mean, hell if I know!

Edited by CMBob

I just sent mine yesterday & see by tracking it is already there

Will see when I get it back....

Does make me wonder though....Since this mail option is open

I wonder why those that use an agent need to drop their passport with the agent?

Even if because an agent is walking it in I wonder why it is required

since mail in does not require it anyway & a picture/scan suffices....I know, I know ...why ask why wink.png

Also not a slam against agents or those who employ them but at roughly 50 baht per mail in

If I were an agent I would use it myself.....1500 average an agent charges for 4 ninety day reports

less 200 baht expense equals 1300 baht profit

Pretty good business

• Like 1